October 23, 2014 | 2199 users online

Shampoo - Aveda - Pure Abundance

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by celestesong

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

3.5 stars. I have been using this shampoo for a few weeks and I have seen a nice difference in volume after I blow dry. For me, though, I have found Aveda's styling products to generally be better than their shampoos/conditioners.

If you have fine hair that does also become oily quickly (as I do), I would save your money and buy the Pure Abundance Style Prep or another volumizing spray. This shampoo will help give your hair gain volume, but it is almost like a clarifying shampoo. For my fine hair, it is too harsh to use on a daily (or every other day) basis. And for the price, it is not worth a shampoo you can only use once or twice a week.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is one of the few volumizing shampoos that I can use daily without drying out my scalp and hair. It's sulfate free, but does lather a bit expecially if I do a second application. Pretty gentle and the herbal scent is pleasing. Definitely do a sniff test in the store before purchasing and make sure you like it because it does linger in the hair for a few hours. I use it together with the conditioner and my hair feels fuller and softer overall.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by SarahCosProf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this product! I am a stylist for Aveda, and when I have a client with stringy, limp hair: this is my holy grail! This shampoo literally makes the clients hair look like new! Pure Abundance is the correct name for this shampoo, so much hair! Sure, it literally doesn't make you magically grow 2X the hair at the shampoo bowl, so it is only a temporary fix, but it still does the trick! If you are looking for a long term option, try the Aveda Invati line! Pure Abundance literally does what it says!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by beachesatnormandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

When I first purchased this product I was in love with it. It made my thin hair fuller and kept it from getting greasy. Over time, I thought it wasn't doing much for me so I stopped using it after I had gone through the bottle. While trying other shampoos I couldn't find anything that provided me the same volume and drying power without making my scalp dry or hair hard to manage. So I've ended up coming back to this shampoo because it is a nice balance for my oily/psoriasis scalp. I'd recommend it if you are having trouble with greasy hair for sure.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by brownsugarncutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This shampoo is just okay and while it cleans well while being gentle on the hair, it does not impress me to repurchase. The thing that played a major part in my decision not to purchase is that I really did not like the scent of this shampoo. I cannot even describe the smell...it's just really weird and gross. The conditioner has a slightly better scent. At about $60 for a bottle, I feel like this isn't awesome enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by dellywoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This shampoo makes my fine hair shiny and voluminous. It lathers fine unless my hair is full of product, in which case I have to lather up twice. This shampoo is quite expensive, and I do have to use quite a big blob of it, but I really love how my hair looks with it. I have decided to not use conditioner as this tends to weigh my hair down. Instead I use Moroccanoil light afterwards and this has been keeping my hair in great shape. Only down side for me is the price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by franzvonstuck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

O.K., so my hair is fine, limp, flat without texture or definition.
It is actually the healthiest hair possible, but at the same time so soft, itīs not manageable.
Seriously, it doesnīt have volume and my greasy roots only add to the problem by making my hair lying flat against my head.
But I adore this chic tousled look with lots of volume, that is so hard to archieve for me.
So, I went and bought the pure abundance shampoo.
First, it smells like the typical herbal Aveda scent, which is described as a blend of jasmine, peppermint and ylang ylang. If you donīt like the smell of Avedaīs products, please stay away from this.
Then it has no sulfates as ingredients, so it lathers not very much. It also doesnīt contain silicones, which are the death of fine, soft hair as they are weighing it down and making it even smoother and softer. There are tons of rich nourishing shampoos on the market, but shampoos, which give texture and volume without my "personal bad ingredients" -betaines, silicones, sulfates- are rare.
I always shampoo my hair twice, but I wonīt lie to you: I use quite a large amount of this shampoo.
It makes my hair clean, even if I used many styling products for my hairstyle.
By using this, I get the "shampoo add hair", meaning the full and sexy hair I long for.
For me, this shampoo delivers bouncy, gourgeous smelling hair and furthermore, a bit more volume, texture and definition for my hair.
And it cleans my oily roots well and keeps them at bay.
This is good news for people with hair like mine.
But I donīt expect miracles from this shampoo. I blow dry my hair upside down and sometimes I use a round brush and dry my hair in sections to get the best result. The shampoo provides a little more volume and the texture,that helps to hold the style.
I also found out that using some styling products for volume at the roots like the volumizing tonic or for texture like a surf spray helps my fine limp hair to look best.
Sidenote: For years, I made the mistake to expect, that a shampoo helps me to get the look of hairstyles I saw in magazines and adds. If you see, how many producs even the hair stylists need to create these looks, then you just cannot deny the fact, you need to combine the right shampoo and conditioner with the styling products for the look you want to archieve.
This shampoo is probably the nightmare of people with dry, coarse, damaged, tangled or colourtreated hair. Canīt imagine how this could work for them.
The downside of this product is the high price and the high amount of shampoo Iīm using. Quite pricey, but it works.
Then I sometimes have a little static in my hair. Thatīs no problem, because I always use a finish cream as Phyto 7 or Avedaīs light elements texturizing cream for my hair, which removes the static.
I didnīt notice any build up, but I always use other shampoos from Lush or Aubrey Organics during the week as I never use only one shampoo.
I highly recommend this for people with fine, soft and limp hair like mine.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsCatEyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Have used this on many clients and had only so-so results with volume. I actually couldn't tell you if this had any effect at all as I got the same results with Smooth Infusion + Phomollient. Definitely better volumizing systems out there. Pureology is currently my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by meeleessa

My hair is naturally lifeless and doesn't have much bounce, but since using this product, my hair has life! I have tried many many volumizing and thickening shampoos, but none have worked as well as the pure abundance shampoo.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2012 8:45:00 AM More reviews by joziel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't understand those folk who are saying this product doesn't lather - it lathers really well for me, and I was impressed by that. (Since the more natural a product, the less likely it is to lather well, usually.)

It cleaned my hair well and it also contributed a lot of volume whilst wet/in the shower.

However, as usual with ALL volumising shampoos and conditioners, I never can really tell the difference by the time I've done all the styling and drying and used styling products: The result tends to end up the same, whatever shampoo and condition I've used. (Within reason.)

So - no worse than any other volumising shampoo and I like that it is natural and lathers well. But I just don't think I'd bother to use an expensive shampoo like this, when a cheaper one will achieve results just as good.