December 22, 2014 | 1875 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Full Control Hairspray (ultra strong)

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Arrosynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Bad bad bad. That's all I can say about this hairspray. It says ultra hold, but I have to layer it over my hair about four or five times before I even get a slight hold (if I have my hair pinned up and don't want it moving). It's relatively cheap, which is ok, but for the kind of product you get? It's not even worth what little money it sells for. Definitely will not be repurchasing, i'll suck it up and spend $21 on Ultradynamics by AG.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by kings20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ultra hold, it's not. I just liberally sprayed my hair before a workout and the hold is mon existent. I was looking for a strong hold and this didn't do the job. Smells like apples but it's nothing special. Cheap and ok but I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by laluna82

If you can get over the disappointment of this being called a strong hold spray with a formula that's more like a light/medium hold spray, it's actually a pretty decent product. It looks so natural that people can't even tell you're wearing hairspray; they just think you're naturally that good-looking. I don't mind having to reapply occasionally, especially because it smells amazing (like nearly every Garnier product)! I feel like I'm walking an apple orchard whenever I use it. Best of all, it's dirt cheap and you can usually find a great sale/coupon to make it even cheaper!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is currently my favorite hairspray, not that it's perfect, mind you. But it smells delicious ( like sugary apples!) and does a great job of holding curls in my fine, thin hair. I just wish it weren't so...wet and hard when I apply it as liberally as I need to get the hold I need. And don't try to brush through it either!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2012 2:53:00 AM More reviews by waterlilly26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start off by saying, this smells amazing! Its a fruity scent so if that's not your cup of tea, you will hate this. On to the product, its ok, I don't find the "full control" that I was hoping for but it does an ok job. Will I repurchase this again? You bet cha! The scent alone has me hooked, it lingers in my hair and smells delightful.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2012 1:29:00 AM More reviews by selkie67

I'll give it this: this hairspray will hold, which is why I gave it 3 lippies. My daughter and myself both have thick coarse wavy hair which usually resist any hairspray, and it holds our hair fairly well. I'll admit it even works on my husband's stubborn curly hair lol But it gives me knots in my hair like nothing else, and they're almost impossible to get out. You will not get your fingers or a comb back through your hair once you apply this. I prefer the anti-humidity spray in the can for no stickiness and restyling flexibility, though there's a slight trade-off in hold. That's why I don't use this very often, except when I really, really need the extra hold, like in the summer when it's super humid out or I don't have time to wait on my hair to air dry completely and need to freeze the style instantly to avoid frizzies later.

It also makes my hair stiff, which is weird because so many of the reviewers here says it doesn't give them that problem. Maybe it's how I apply it, I don't know. I don't like pumps because you get spurts of product instead of an even mist.

I'm also different in that I hate that chemical apple smell that's in all the Garnier products. Bleah.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One thing I love about garnier hairspray is that they never make my hair crunchy and they do a fantastic job at keepingy curls intact! Love the scent (pretty much the whole garnier fructis line smell the same) and def would repurchase! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 5:18:00 AM More reviews by TinalovesyousxD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This hairspray held my curls all day! I always had trouble finding a good hairspray. I tried all the Paul Mitchell hairsprays and none of them can hold my curled hair! I wanted to try a new hairspray so I picked this one up, it held my curls all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 11:18:00 PM More reviews by seema53

This hairspray is my favorite now! I have used both expensive and drug store brands. This beats them all. I have straight, thick hair, and when I do my hair in curls, keeps it looking good all night long. No crunchyness, but holds the curl perfectly. Even better is the next day, my hair still holds curl and there is no flaking or mess after sleeping on my hair. Doesnt smell like chemicals and the mist is perfect. The low price is a plus!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

I love this hairspray! I use it to set my curls when I'm doing my hair and it gives them great hold but still allows my hair to have some movement without being crunchy. It smells great, its cheap as dirt and does the job better than a salon brand I own. This totally deserves 5 lipsticks and I will definitely repurchase!