Prada Prada EDP

3.7

Amber, Bergamot, Orange, Mandarin Flower ,Mimosa, rose, Schinus Molle, peru balsam, patchouli, rasphberry, Sandalwood, Labdanum, Tonka bean, vanilla, musk.

I love this. Well-crafted, balanced throughout its layers, and long lasting- though its final hours offer no throw, lying close to the skin instead. Exactly where I want it. Wears well year-round, so long as not over sprayed. A dark citrus twinge blooms in the 95 degree, 100% humidity-filled summers here where I live. In the winter, its amber, spice, & vanilla radiate a warmth that never veers into potpourri territory. I bounce mercilessly from fragrance to fragrance, but always return to Prada, especially when I want patchouli and amber delivered subtly.

Lots of comparisons out there to Jessica Simpson Fancy Nights; absolutely similar. I have & enjoy them both. But, to me, Prada captures the feeling of being inside a beautiful, deep forest. Its floor is a carpet of dew-drenched, patchouli-laced moss, intermingled with damp earth and fallen trees. JS' Fancy Nights is much drier than Prada to my nose. Instead of traveling deep into the forest and hovering an inch above the ground, FN is content to stay at the forest's edge, where the first few feet of earth and trees are still within reach of sunlight and wind. The papyrus and resulting dryness in FN amps up the bergamot, citrus, in a way that is absent on my skin with Prada. My preference depends on mood. FN is quite full-throttle. Prada is subtle, subterranean in comparison.

Will say it should be sold with a Gremlins-like warning label: Morphs into a monster without proper care. This one is heavy on natural essences, sparse on synthetics and preservatives. Stable it is not. Time, oxygen, light and heat are its mortal enemies. More susceptible to them than any other fragrance I've come across. I've learned never to order it online during the summer. It never survives the trip. There is no mistaking when Prada Amber turns. It's acrid and sour and a terrible shame. Just something to consider before buying: Requires TLC.

What comes to mind about this is baby powder and Exclamation by EA, which is not a horrid combination if that's what you are aiming for.
Dreamy, calming, comfortable, casual or smart whatever, totally inoffensive. Any age group can wear it.
I'm not interested in buying it, I had a tester of this.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this fragrance a couple of years ago, used it sporadically. It's a strong perfume and lasts for hours. The atomiser packed in on my bottle but thankfully my son managed to prize it open and I decanted what liquid was left. Now I use it here and there definitely a unique smell. Took few lippies off due to atomiser. I would recommend this fragrance as long as they sort the bottle out.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is a pretty but rather overpowering floral perfume. It is nice, but not so something I would reach for daily

Smelled like an old lady...couldn't wait to wash it off! I tried it on at the store...thank God I didn't get it as a gift.

This perfume is SO gorgeous!!! I have been on the hunt for my signature scent for a LONG time, and I have thought I had found it probably 5 or 6 times now, but I always end up getting sick of them after a few weeks. Not this. This perfume is so incredibly sophisticated and unique. I truly can't get enough of it, something about it is honestly addicting.

I'm always annoyed when reading the majority of perfume reviews. Quite often, people list the notes, and that's how they describe the scent. For people who are not fragrance gurus, this is very unhelpful. You have to know what these ingredients smell like to understand the review, and if you don't research perfumes all day, then you probably won't have a clue what most perfume reviews are talking about!

To those of you who don't know what Patchouli, or even Amber smell like... I will do my best to try to describe this in terms that normal people can understand... I once read a review that described this scent as "honeyed fruits". And I think that's a very good description.

Think about a pot of fruit being heated on a stove, covered in honey, with just a LITTLE bit of smoke added. That's what I get from this. It is fruity, but NOT in a cheap, obnoxious way. The "honey" part adds a BEAUTIFUL sweetness to it, and rounds it out enough to keep me from thinking if this as a fruity scent.

The dry down is absolutely gorgeous. Very sweet, somewhat woody, and powdery. My mom picked me up to go shopping the other day and when I got in the car the first thing she said (before even saying hello) was "mmmm what IS that??? It smells like really expensive powder or something!"

While I don't think this smells like powder, there is a creamy aspect to the dry down that gives it a powdery feel. It definitely is NOT old lady. I am 25 and get SEVERAL compliments on this. I do think that you have to carry yourself a certain way to pull this off. If you are a classy, mature, sophisticated and stylish woman, this will work for you. To me, it just screams confidence and independence. It is so unique and I don't think I could ever be without it. If you like sweet, woody, sophisticated orientals, TRY THIS!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I would say HATE is an understatement for my feelings towards this perfume. I'm not fussy, but this is pure petrol in a bottle. Firstly, it gives me an instant headache as soon as I spray it. Oh, and then there is the smell... something like a mix of old woman, burnt hair, dark mouldy room and chemicals. Don't even wish this fragrance on your worst enemy.
Wish I could rate this -1 lippy!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

An indistinct and faint smell of something diffuse, that's how this fragrance smells on me. I have two mini bottles .. Good thing it's Christmas soon, so that I can given them away as Christmas presents!

This is my signature scent for the past 3-4 years. I'm 20. Even as a younger woman it is perfect for me; I cannot even tell you how much I love the smell of Prada with my body chemistry. It's just plain sexy... not too woody, not too heavy, but not all sparkling-soap-and-fruit at all. I smell patchouli, amber, musk and vanilla? The silver bit on the bottle specifies more I think but mine's all jacked up. Jasmine? On me/to me Prada smells like pure sex appeal, but not the nasty kind. The kind where the girl's not gonna give it to *you.* Or is she...?

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This perfume has an excellent staying power, very sexy and elegant fragnance :)

Popular Fragrances