August 1, 2014 | 1966 users online

Cleansers - Korres - White tea fluid gel cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

This is exactly the kind of facial cleansing product I have come to expect from Korres. Gentle on the skin, full of lovely, natural ingredients, smells amazing and most importantly, doesn't leave my skin feeling tight or sore.

Formulated with vegetable derived soap, this is a really smooth, silky gel that glides onto the face. I use a splodge about the size of a 50p to wash my face and neck. It starts off as a clear gel, but once you add a little water it turns white which is the point at which I really rub it into my skin to thoroughly cleanse it. Once it's washed off my face is left feeling really clean, but not tight like some other soap products have done in the past. And according to the Korres website this has oat proteins in it, the moisturising layer of which remains on the skin to help protect it.

This has organic white tea extract in it and to me it smells just like peach iced tea - which is lovely in the warmer months as it smells really fresh and helps to wake me up! As you'd expect from Korres this contains no mineral oils, petrolatum, paraffin wax, silicones or parabens and it's also vegetarian and vegan friendly, so it's a perfect choice if you're looking to try a more naturally based skincare product but aren't sure where to start.

This costs around 15.00 in the UK, but online stores like Feel Unique often have 2 for 1 deals so you can probably get it cheaper if you shop around. Having said that though, I would definitely be willing to pay full price for it as it's such a lovely cleanser. Well done Korres!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by cosmie24

Love this! The smell is a very clean, fresh scent. Lathers nicely, cleans my face really well. I feel clean after this and it doesn't give me that annoying tight, dry feeling either. I follow with my toner after I cleanse. Very important step. Cleared up my breakout from a reaction I had from using Vichy. I switched everything over to Korres. This line is my baby and changed my life. Amazing.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by louisestenberg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This might not be a bad product, I just didn't know what I needed for my dry skin - it was certainly not this. It made my face feel very tight and flaky after use. I guess it is just fine for oilier skin, but if you are dry like me, stay away from this one and find a cleansing milk, oil, lotion, creme or balm instead! :-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 9:39:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

A nice product:

Nice light fragrance (would have preferred fragrance free)
Gel consistency, lightly foaming
Does not need much, will last quite a long time
Gentle non drying on my dry cheeks
doubt it removes makeup, i use this in the morning and after removing makeup with cream cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by yummyyazzy

I have problem skin and have been using all kinds of face washes! but this has to be the best for me buy far. I love that it is natural and organic, the smell is to die for and the consistency is really nice! I love how it doesn't dry out the skin and you can even use it on the eyes! it gets my eye makeup of, i don't tend to use any eye makeup remover anymore! This has to be one of my favourite products :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by lynh28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm so sad that this product is being discontinued!!! I loved it so much that I emailed both Sephora and Korres to verify this and got the terrible news. A few years ago I was having this freak break out, I normally get one or two pimples around my time of the month but for some reason (maybe stress) I started having massive breakouts all over my face and it lasted for about 1 year, it got so bad I didn't even want to leave my house at times. I tried Proactive which only worked in the beginning, a few popular drugstore brands, and H2O which all didn't really help, but when I tried this natural and gentle cleanser (per a recommendation from a friend) my skin started slowly clearing up, I even got clear enough that I braved using no makeup on my face which helped the healing process and slowed the breakouts even faster. This product really saved me, it was a little pricier than I was used to but to get my face back made it really worth it, now I have to find something else to keep my slightly sensitive, acne-prone, combination skin in check =(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by earthlili

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would buy this again. It is the best cleanser I have used so far (except for the Norwex cloth which I've just begun to fall in love with). But there are some significant problems with it. The biggest one for me is its scent. Really unattractive, so much so that it makes me dread using it. The second issue is that it leaves a sticky sensation on the skin. If I do not rinse it off immediately (or follow with cleanser), it is also quite drying.
it's a great product, some fine tuning would do so much here.
It removes make up and eyemake up quite easily without requiring scrubbing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by joyechols

I really wanted to try this cleanser because it seemed clean and I'm a big fan of white tea. Korres generally makes clean products that are hydrating, so I was excited to try.

The bottle has a very small top that can slip off easily since it is so thin. The gel is thick and smells good- though not like white tea. A little goes a LONG way as it foams up A LOT!

It can be a little drying so don't get too much on and don't let it sit on your face for too long. My skin didn't really feel any different, but it did it's job in cleaning it so for the relatively cheaper price it costs, I would use this as a back up cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Magnificus

The cleanser came as a sample in a set I bought from Sephora. I almost didn't use this because my skin is sensitive and acne-prone, but decided to just give it a shot 'cause it was mostly all natural and I needed a new cleanser. I am incredibly glad that I decided to use this.

This helped to clear up my acne and helped the texture of my skin. Despite the fact that I do have a few small bumps (whiteheads/clogged pores) on my forehead and apples of my cheeks, my skin feels very soft and smooth. My skin is less red and more balanced (not too oily, not too dry). I also notice that my pores are less clogged. I like to use Sephora's pink face scrublet in conjunction because it works even better.

I wish the packaging wasn't in a bottle with a flip-top cap, because of the consistency of the product. The product s thin and runny, so when you have to be very careful when you're pouring it out or risk a spill.

The scent of this is very light and does not linger. It smells citrusy, kind of like limes or lemons, and is very refreshing in the morning.

Due to the fact that is it mostly natural and does not have sulfates, it is not as quick to lather and the lather it does produce might not be as substantial as some would like. That's not an issue for me, because sulfates are actually bad for the skin. A trick to getting this to lather is to first wet the face and hands, pour a nickel size amount of product in the palm of your hands, and then to rub both palms together (as if you're washing your hands) before distributing the product on your face. Using a face cleanser implement (scrublet, Clarisonic, face "brush", etc.) definitely helps creating a nice light lather.

It does remove light face make up, but you will most likely need a separate eye make up remover or make up removing wipes for heavy make up.

I think this product is definitely worth a try for those with normal to oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin. This is quite possibly a holy grail and the end to my search for a good face cleanser that fulfills all my needs.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by nicola00

I received a travel size "sample" of this in a set I got, I hate it. While it smells nice and doesn't make me break out, I feel it didn't clean my skin at all. It's great ingredients but for the price, I'd never buy it. It doesn't lather, feels like I'm rubbing lube all over my face, and leaves a weird film. The Korres Milk Proteins cleaners is much better! Don't waste your money.