September 30, 2014 | 1823 users online

Hair Treatments - Kerastase - Age recharge firming mask

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by luluisalilskunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I been using this product for years so I can't believe I took this long to write a review. In btw I may have wandered off to other products now and then but I ALWAYS come back to this. Age recharge in fact saved my hair last yr when I had a botched hair rebonding job with an incompetent hair salon.. After my 2nd rebonding within the same week (with a different salon of course) I was shocked to find my tresses so damaged and dry like I never seen them before.. Besides my once monthly professional hair treatments at the salon, I used this masque regularly alternating with Kerastase Nutri-Thermique Masque. (The latter is heat-activated and more moisturizing whereas Age is lighter and doesn't weigh down the hair, I find the fragrance smells better too, less pungent than Thermique) I find the best time for hair treatments is slap it on before entering the steam bath at the gym, u can either put on a disposable shower cap which can be ordered from ebay for just a few bucks per 100 pack or u can wrap ur hair up in a towel. Within a few mths my hair recovered to it's original shine and vitality. Kerastase products are pricey but worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by string

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is such a waste of money! I went into my local beauty supply store and they recommended this product for my very thin dry baby fine damaged hair. I nearly ran away when they rang me up--$65! but I figured it must be really good to be so expensive. I used it until the tub was empty--no improvement. Next time I went to the beauty supply they commented on how dry my hair looked and recommended another product. Ha! What a waste!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by snowiedoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used the Masqueintense by kerastase before and really loved it. I have VERY damaged hair, I was bleaching it white for years and recently had it toned back to my natural, darker blonde. Since changing my hair I've really wanted to grow it out but since its still fried it kept breaking.
I honestly think that this mask made my hair break more. It made it feel very brittle and straw-like. I am perplexed?

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by schoenl

My HG Product - does keep my overly processed and damaged hair in amazing form! I do not use anything but Kerastase because:
1. It works - it makes my hair healthy and shiny - I use this mask it 2-4 times a week
2. It lasts a looong time, since you need only a very small amount of it - so really it is not that expensive in a long term.

An absolute MUST in hair maintenance.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by lusciouslocks6

My hair was falling out at a rapid rate, and had no idea what was going on. I tried everything including a diet change, vitamins etc. I then gave in and tried this product last night because I was desperate due to the hair loss. I washed my hair first with the Kerastase age recharge shampoo which was nice, towel dried my hair, and applied the mask in my hair for about an hour, covered my hair with a towel and blow dried my head to give it some heat. After rinsing, I semi-blow dried and OMG my hair fell out SO much less.

I had then realised my hair was probably way too dry from highlighting, colouring, curling tongs, straighteners etc which is why it was falling out.

This morning my hair is tangle free, soft, shiny and smells great too!

I will continue using this to ensure my hair is moisturised.

Great for very brittle, dry hair that is probably dying and falling out from excessive heat tools and hair dyes... lol! :)

(The only downside is there is not enough product as I have long hair I used quarter of the tub last night! best to buy online as there are good bulk deals!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by bdawn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My hair stylist gave me a sample of this product last year. I had enough to use it twice and I absolutely adored it. It left my hair smelling nice, gave me shine and body and manageability. However it's just too expensive for me to justify purchasing it. It's $50 where I live and since I have long thick hair I use a fair amount of product. This is just too costly.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by abelharainha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Would I buy this product again?! No!!! Not in a million years!!! Why?? Keep on reading....

Well, this mask is suppose to reconstruct and add firmness to the hair. Before buying it I read loads of reviews not only in MUA but also in several beauty blogs. Surprisingly half the world was saying wonders about this product. So, I bought it!

My true experience....

This treatment has a very light (too light if you ask me) consistency and smells like flower from Kenzo... So, it leaves hair deliciously scented but that's all.... It doesn't moisturise, doesn't make any difference in hair... I would say it works like a very cheap and simple conditioner you buy in any supermarket. And that's a big let down when you payed over 30 for your age recharge!!!!

So, I guess this might work in oily hair only as it provides ZERO moisture but honestly, you can have better treatments for lower prices so I can't recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Kris1973

I love this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Pruexy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have seriously damaged, fine, dry hair and deadly look for some product could change them.
This product is definitely 'powerful' at smoothing the hair, and shine them at the same time. Everytime I used them I liked the feeling that my hair became much better, soft, smooth, manageable and it gave me the hope that my hair will be better.
However the effect only last till next wash, anytime I switch to conditioner (because we can't use the mask at every wash), my hair becomes dry and knoting again.
I used up a full jar of 500ml, and my hair still becomes drier and drier. I know this is not its fault, I'm just so disappointed that it can't save my hair.
I won't consider to buy them again, Kerastase's stuff is so pricey comparing with its effect.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2010 7:20:00 PM More reviews by juliebb

Do not use this, especially if you are chemically sensitive or do not want to use toxic products.NEVER let a stylist put this in you hair. I had this put on my hair one month ago. I cannot get the chemical flower smell product out of my hair. I was so sick the first week and am still sick. I washed my hair 9 times the first night. I had a team of people helping me try to figure out how to get this out of my hair. I would like to look at the ingredients. It did make my hair soft but it was probably a very strong chemical that created the texture change in my hair. My guess is there is some type of relaxer that is in this mask. Please be careful with what you put on you body and in your hair. I do not use many of the original products when I started here on MUA. I learned a lot since then.
My suggestion is to go here and check all your cosmetic products for their toxicity.
http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/ This is from the organization Environmental Working Group (EWG).