Neutrogena T/Gel anti-dandruff for normal to dry hair

3.4

Active Ingredient:Coal Tar 0.5Inactive Ingredients:Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Laureth-4, Fragrance, Polysorbate 20, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin

on 3/18/2015 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this because I developed a good sized patch of psoriasis on my scalp and it had gotten super itchy (unbearably) and flaky (powdery dry). I did tons of research and decided on this medicated shampoo. I was very disappointed the first month or so because I didn't see a change. It has been 2 1/2- 3 months now and WOW. My psoriasis isn't even noriceable anymore/ zero itch. It's incredible and I cannot describe what a relief it is that this worked. I use it 3 times a week or so but never twice in a row (I'll use it on Monday, a different 'poo on Wednesday, use it again Thursday or Friday, etc.)If you have psoriasis- please try this

on 2/1/2014 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I went through 2 bottles of this and saw no difference.

on 9/25/2013 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

I have suffered with dandruff since I was a teenager and finally as an adult came across this and have not looked back. I had tried everything from going to my GP to get Prescription shampoo. Nothing worked. I have used this now for the last 5 years and I truly hope you try it and it works for you too. I buy it at Costco here in the UK and it is affordable. Would I repurchase? – Absolutely.

on 3/24/2013 6:40:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

First off, this product is NOT the smelly T/Gel (which is listed in the 'Treatment' section of MUA).

I used the original (smelly coal tar) T/Gel for years until this version for dry hair came out. I much prefer this newer version for dry hair as the smell is far preferable (a bit like cucumber or something mild), and it does leave my hair in better condition than the original did. I have used it several times a week for the last ten years or so, and it has kept my scalp in good condition, barring a few times in winter when it has been really cold outside.

If you have tried the old one and hated the smell but found that it did work, don't be afraid to give this one a try. I couldn't live without it.

on 3/19/2013 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The active ingredient in this dandruff shampoo is 0.5% coal tar, which is one of the ingredients used in anti-dandruff shampoos. It works fine, but I cannot rely solely on this product as I must rotate dandruff shampoos as to not lose effectiveness.

on 1/21/2013 3:50:00 PM

I'm not sure how much this product did for my dandruff, but I couldn't stand to use it because of the smell! It reminds me of gasoline, and it lingered on my hair even after another shower the next day.

on 2/19/2012 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this shampoo because I developed a flakey scalp due to severe sinus allergies. It does cleanse pretty good, isn't harsh/drying, and good for daily use. However, it doesn't really control dandruff that great and smells weird. I do like it though and keep using it.

on 11/24/2011 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

Does not work for dry scalps.

on 3/16/2011 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Best Dandruff shampoo ever!!! I have been using this product off and on for years. I only have to use it once or twice a week in the summer but more often in the winter. It's smell is gentle compared to other dandruff shampoos like Polytar (my dad's remedy for dandruff) and you get used to it. The trick to any dandruff shampoo is massaging into your scalp with your fingertips and not scratching with your nails. Also, let it sit for a couple of minutes before rinsing. I would also recommend using the T/Gel conditioner.

on 1/13/2011 11:17:00 AM

I bought this shampoo because I got an itchy scalp recently, I have been using herbal essences hello hidration for a while, but my scalp didn't tolerate it anymore and it started to itch. so I had a go at this shampoo, based on the instructions on the product. it smells very badly, but considering this is a medicated shampoo, it's ok. the consistency is a thick gel, you didn't need a lot of it to do the job. but it didn't work for me, my scalp is still itchy. i have medium curly hair. though it's stated that you should see results within six weeks, it's been three weeks already and no results. i will use the whole bottle but will not repurchase again.