Fresh Lemon Sugar

2.7

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I once bought Sugar Lemon EDP (it says "Sugar Lemon" on the original apothecary-style bottle) because Food Network's "The Pioneer Woman" Ree Drummond *raved* about it in her Dec 2009 blog post (and previously had raved about the lotion) -- so I bought the EDP, and -- well, I just didn't like it very much.

Original Fresh Sugar = Lemon Pledge to my nose, and I found Fresh Sugar Lemon was pretty much the same; ie Lemon Pledge (shrill sharp lemon), only with an earthy "dustiness" about the bottom notes -- but no sugar at all, that I could smell.

Screechy sharp lemon top -- no sugar entering the mix -- and then some sort of fusty-dusty note at the bottom -- was it woods, I wondered? Anyway, It didn't hold that initial pop of lemony freshness. I didn't like the way it dried down -- and I didn't like whatever note was on the bottom that ruined the lemony freshness.

Launched in 2004, here is the note list, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes - Italian lemon, Mandarin, Yuzu
Heart Notes - Ginger blossom, Lychee blossom, Orange blossom
Base Notes - Oakmoss, Caramel, White sandalwood

OK, there's the culprit -- oakmoss and white sandalwood in the base -- that oakmoss note is probably the fustiness that ended my tart lemony ride. I did not smell any caramel at all.

I'm a huge fan of everything & everyone on the Food Network show "The Pioneer Woman" and also Ree's blog (which mentions others of her favorite fragrances -- MJ Lola, and many in the Pacifica line) -- but I didn't like Sugar Lemon. Ree generally loves lemon scent, and she said her sister had originally bought her the Sugar Lemon lotion, and she had fallen in love with that product first -- then she discovered the EDP, bought it, and went crazy for it also.

Fresh Cannabis Santal continues to be my favorite Fresh fragrance, by far! It's the only one I currently own and have ever really liked (see my separate review). It's a woody, earthy, sensuous unisex -- and in my experience, it's a real head-turner and compliment-getter.

Smells just like Lemons and Sugar.....just like the name suggests hahaha....I do feel like after you've been wearing it a while it leaves a lingering alcohol smell :(

I got this for my sister in Sephora Singapore as a present, and although she liked the scent initially, she gave it back to me after a couple of uses because she said it made her sneeze a lot (her nose is quite sensitive to scents). I'm a citrus scent fiend, so I thought I'd automatically love it, but there's something about the scent that is just..off? Because of that, I've only managed to wear this at home for now, trying to find out how I really feel about it. So far, I've found that it somehow smells better on me during rainy, colder days compared to hot, sunny days. Very weird, must be my body chemistry? Anyway, I'm disappointed with this fragrance, definitely won't repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

The Sephora near my home doesn't carry Fresh fragrances. I wanted to try Sugar Lemon, so I ordered online. I like lemon scents and couldn't wait for my "lemon meringue" fragrance to arrive.

Once it arrived, anxiously applied the fragrance, and...... it smelled like a combination of Lemon Pledge Furniture Polish and Pine-Sol. I walked around smelling like I had just cleaned my house. lol

Returned it to Sephora the next day.

If you love citrus you will love this smells just like a lemon confection

I'm surprised by all the negative reviews here. I have the roll on version, and I love it. It's so... fresh smelling, oh wow... sorry for the pun, but it's a very appropriate description.

I HATE flowery perfume, I find them vulgar and they remind me of little old ladies who have been taking baths in rose water. So I really do appreciate that Fresh has made some very clean smelling, deliciously fruity scents.

I have these line in the Lychee, and the brown sugar as well. The Lychee is my favorite, this is my second place. It's so light and whimsical, and I feel that after a really long day I'm not really self contious about whether or not my perfume has gone sour on me. I usually use unscented products, so I know that my perfumes won't become a chemical soup with whatever perfumes in my soaps ect. and leave me smelling nasty. This is also very subtle so you don't have to worry about the perfume you like choking out those around you.

The bottle is cute, and fits nicely in your purse, or back pack which is nice. I fly a lot, and the roll on is small enough to go onto a plane. I don't wear purfum on planes because those people are evil, so it's nice to know that after a long flight, you can roll this on, and smell clean even if you have a bit of plane funk going on. Even if it's just for your own peace of mind.

I'm definatly the kind of person who buys a perfume because I like it, and don't worry about whether or not men will like it. But I've been surprised by how much my ex, and current boyfriends really like these perfumes. They're super subtle, so they seem to be noticed with a hug, or a cuddle. I've heard so many times after a hug "oh wow, you smell really good! What is that?!". The Lychee really seems to be the boyfriend favorite though. But I like to switch it up.

I personally really like this, but if you're not a fan of smelling like lemon drops this may not be for you. I find that people who prefer flower perfumes don't like this line because they find it too sweet, but hey, fruit won't choke up an entire subway car like rose water, peonies, violet will... I've never heard someone say, "Ew, what smells like lemons/oranges", but I have heard "Ew, who smells like old lady perfume" when someone wearing a liquid bouquet of flowers walks past. Just sayin'.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff smells terrible. I was expecting something sugary citrusy, like maybe smelling like lemonade or lemon frosting. It has the word 'sugar' in the name, after all. When I first sprayed it on, it smelled like pine sol. Or like a chemically insecticide. After about 30 minutes, it started smelling like pine sol + cat pee. It was disgusting and very hard to get off of my arm. I had to keep washing my wrists with dawn dish soap to get the terrible smell off. Product name is extremely misleading, it has absolutely 0 sweetness and it just smells rancid. Please do not buy this!!!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

It's expensive - as all Fresh Products are - and I like the original Sugar better - but this is good, too.

For about 1/40th the price, you can spray some household lemon cleaner on your clothing & get the same scent! The only pro I found to this fragrance is that it's long lasting. Which is actually sort of unfortunate in this case.

Straight up tart lemonade. No sweetness nor warmth. However, I do like the rollerball but that is all I like about this product.

Popular Fragrances