October 21, 2014 | 894 users online

Fragrances - Fresh - Lemon Sugar

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by janaoo4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm surprised by all the negative reviews here. I have the roll on version, and I love it. It's so... fresh smelling, oh wow... sorry for the pun, but it's a very appropriate description.

I HATE flowery perfume, I find them vulgar and they remind me of little old ladies who have been taking baths in rose water. So I really do appreciate that Fresh has made some very clean smelling, deliciously fruity scents.

I have these line in the Lychee, and the brown sugar as well. The Lychee is my favorite, this is my second place. It's so light and whimsical, and I feel that after a really long day I'm not really self contious about whether or not my perfume has gone sour on me. I usually use unscented products, so I know that my perfumes won't become a chemical soup with whatever perfumes in my soaps ect. and leave me smelling nasty. This is also very subtle so you don't have to worry about the perfume you like choking out those around you.

The bottle is cute, and fits nicely in your purse, or back pack which is nice. I fly a lot, and the roll on is small enough to go onto a plane. I don't wear purfum on planes because those people are evil, so it's nice to know that after a long flight, you can roll this on, and smell clean even if you have a bit of plane funk going on. Even if it's just for your own peace of mind.

I'm definatly the kind of person who buys a perfume because I like it, and don't worry about whether or not men will like it. But I've been surprised by how much my ex, and current boyfriends really like these perfumes. They're super subtle, so they seem to be noticed with a hug, or a cuddle. I've heard so many times after a hug "oh wow, you smell really good! What is that?!". The Lychee really seems to be the boyfriend favorite though. But I like to switch it up.

I personally really like this, but if you're not a fan of smelling like lemon drops this may not be for you. I find that people who prefer flower perfumes don't like this line because they find it too sweet, but hey, fruit won't choke up an entire subway car like rose water, peonies, violet will... I've never heard someone say, "Ew, what smells like lemons/oranges", but I have heard "Ew, who smells like old lady perfume" when someone wearing a liquid bouquet of flowers walks past. Just sayin'.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by takenu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff smells terrible. I was expecting something sugary citrusy, like maybe smelling like lemonade or lemon frosting. It has the word 'sugar' in the name, after all. When I first sprayed it on, it smelled like pine sol. Or like a chemically insecticide. After about 30 minutes, it started smelling like pine sol + cat pee. It was disgusting and very hard to get off of my arm. I had to keep washing my wrists with dawn dish soap to get the terrible smell off. Product name is extremely misleading, it has absolutely 0 sweetness and it just smells rancid. Please do not buy this!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It's expensive - as all Fresh Products are - and I like the original Sugar better - but this is good, too.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by ExoticAlbino

For about 1/40th the price, you can spray some household lemon cleaner on your clothing & get the same scent! The only pro I found to this fragrance is that it's long lasting. Which is actually sort of unfortunate in this case.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by sherrier

Straight up tart lemonade. No sweetness nor warmth. However, I do like the rollerball but that is all I like about this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by saarahkb4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love the scent, love it. However people have insisted it smells exactly like Gingerale, and they were right. It's bizarre. It smells of lemon and gingerale. No compliments from men, or women. As much as I like it I am not going to repurchase a product that I can't smell after 20 minutes. :( Sad

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by FiaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have 3 words.... Lemon Household Cleaner.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Merrie1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a really pretty flirty spring fragrance I wear often (especially in the spring/summer) and which gets 0 compliments from men. But I love it. Like others have said it has no staying power. So I blow through one of the smaller bottles every so often. But I do love it, it's in my rotation. It's a no-brainer scent for me when I'm not sure which of the zillion scents I'd like to wear. The staying power though.... sad. :/

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by iciclerain

The fragrance is refreshing, but there is absolutely no staying power. Would be lovely for summer, but I don't know how many times I have to spray in one day just to have a little scent around.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by awesomeness2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

RockMom66 says Lemon Sugar reminds her of "Squirt," and I have to agree. It's a very apt description of this scent. Lemon Sugar is sweet, sugary, lemony & bright. Lemon Sugar was a blind buy and I'm glad I did so.

I have been looking for a fragrance like this for a long time. I tried a number of Demeter fragrances (lemonade, ginger ale), plus a few classics (Roger & Gallett), and I despised each & every one. The Fresh fragrances are much better quality & more wearable.

Lemon Sugar was my first Fresh purchase and Sake my second. I will definitely look more carefully at the house of Fresh.