L'Oreal Big Apple Red

on 3/8/2009 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

L'Oreal Shock Proof Big Apple Red:
I absolutely love this vibrant and daring red. This trumps all others if you want a bright, rich, and extremely pigmented polish. I have fair skin and short natural nails and this polish is perfect for me. It lasts a long time when using a decent top coat and don't have to do rougher work with your hands. I use many brands and own over 60 colors of polish and this is my favourite no holds barred red.

on 7/12/2007 4:06:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a classic, seventies or eighties shade of red, like Jerry Hall or Joan Collins would wear. It's no-holds-barred, unabashedly red, expensive luxury Paris red, Beverly Hills red, gold-jewelry-with-a-tan red, hard to describe other than that it's perfect. It's not too blue which makes it look more retro than some modern reds. It wears reasonably well, and is long lasting after years in the bottle, which is good because I'll never throw it away!

on 12/29/2006 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This is a vivid fire-engine red. Every woman should have a bottle of polish this color.

on 2/17/2005 3:16:00 PM

ITA with the first review. This is one of the most beautiful reds around. It's not a true blue red, nor is it orangey or pink, it's just a simple, bright red with no glitter or pearls-- very flattering. You have to put on two coats to get the dramatic look, but you can stick to one coat for a sheer-red, that's just as pretty. The staying power is pretty decent. I applied this three days ago and no chips so far. I'll definitely re-purchase!

on 6/24/2004 7:36:00 PM

This is the most cheerful red I have ever seen. No glitter, just saturated, bold color! Perhaps there are similar colors in other lines that are more expensive, but why pay more? Not to be vulgar, but one girl I used to work with called this color "**** Me Red". So some people will find this too bright, especially for longer nails but, hey-I am a rather proper girl behavior-wise, so I can stand to have a little Red Light District on my nails!!! If you are less bold than I, this still makes for happy looking toes! I have had my bottle for quite a while- I hope they still make it! If I go to a place to get my nails done, the people who work there are even amazed by the color, and they have seen every possible color out there, haven't they, of all people... ?:) My HG!!!!! Love it, love it, love it!UPDATE: I think OPI has the same color and same name now. Strange thing, the beauty biz!