December 20, 2014 | 1352 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - Tea Party "Sugar"

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2012 5:55:00 AM More reviews by melissa1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My HG summer fragrance. I had this a couple of years ago and only recently received it again in another swap. I absolutely love it. When the sun comes out in the UK and I can get my floral sun dress on then this scent comes out. At first it is a significant sweet lemon smell and the dry down is the sugar. The staying power isn't great but the bottle is sturdy and strong enough to go in your handbag for throughout the day. If you have this scent and hate it please let me know as I'd love it off you ladies x

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2007 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Smeeganses

I got this in a swap. At first when I sprayed it I was like... YEACH! REALLY Lemony. But once it dries it smells really good. A nice light lemony sugary smell. I find myself wanting Lemonheads all the time though...

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2007 2:23:00 PM More reviews by BReams1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Smells like lemon Pledge. Need I say more??

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2006 6:13:00 AM More reviews by mjh00222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my absolute favorite for summer '06. At first I was put-off by the lemony scent which fades after the dry down. Don't get me wrong, I like citrus just not a super powerful lemon. It lasts reasonably long enough on my skin. I love the sweet sugary dry down, very fresh.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2006 3:27:00 PM More reviews by ewiggs26

I was excited to try this set because I am a tea lover. It's so very dissapointing how uderly awful the fragrances are. They smell like a combo of cleaning solution and sugar. The smells made me sick to my stomach!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2006 12:02:00 PM More reviews by sunmonkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

On first application I liked it and was pleased that it was quite similar to Fresh Sugar Blossom - then things started going wrong. After maybe 15mins I felt nauseus. Ater half an hour i was scrubbing my wrists and neck like a mad woman as the scent was so bad. Maybe im allergic to this stuff but it made me feel very sick indeed. Not a good experience.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2006 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Msgdfx1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I, too received this as a gift with purchase from Philosophy.com. I am so glad that I didn't spend money on it. I love sugary fragrances, so, I love that aspect of the fragrance. However, the staying power of Philosophy fragrances, in my opinion, leaves a lot to be desired. And, this produce is no exception. The fragrance lasted all of 10 minutes on my skin. However, if I spray it on my clothes and a bit on my hair, the smell will linger for a few hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2006 10:10:00 AM More reviews by missetoile

The smells very strongly of lemons when first sprayed on, but then begins to smell like sugar after a while. It's a nice scent, but I'm not crazy about it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2006 8:06:00 PM More reviews by staci01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Got a bottle of this for free in a promo. At first it smells very wonderful, very clean and sweet and then within seconds this lemon note barges in from nowhere. Then it smells like lemon tea or lemonade. I don't think this smells like Pledge but I can see where the comparison comes from.
Not very potent. It's been under an hour and it's not faded yet but I don't expect it to last long. The only major flaw I find in philosophy's fragrances is their pathetically poor lasting power. SOMEBODY in the company has got to be aware of this fact! And to charge so much for such poor quality? It baffles me really! As I said previously this was a free promo item so once I've used this up, IF I use it up, I won't buy a bottle of this. Don't waste your money on this item.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2006 2:21:00 PM More reviews by sharis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Eh, it's o.k. but not much cup of tea. Smells like lemon not sugar. A big of lemon pledge for sure. Not very comples at all although I didn't expect that it would be based on my experience with the other Philosophy fragrances. The dry down is a bit better but still not great. If you like lemon it's probably worth a try. Otherwise I would pass on this one.