August 30, 2014 | 931 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - Tea Party "Lemon"

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2008 10:23:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Super light -- zero lasting power -- sweet lemon scent. No tea.. just lemon. I'll pass........ fun but not FBW.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2006 5:45:00 PM More reviews by gottfrie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this for summer/ spring. ... I just happened to get a sample spray of Fresh sugar from Sephora. It smells dead on the same! Philosophy is cheaper if I remember correctly. I bought it a while back.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2005 10:15:00 AM More reviews by given

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Lovely fresh, crisp lemon fragrance, I get compliments every single time I wear it and have gone through bottle after bottle after still more bottles. Not a true lemon, more like candy-ish lemon verbena. It's hard to find a lemon/citrus fragrance that hasn't been tainted with musk or something else equaly heavy. Decent staying power, but not great. A true pleasure to reapply through out the day. Now that Philosophy sells this on their site seperately from the Tea Party set I can buy it bulk and use to my hearts content. Really wish thay would make a larger size, say 4 oz maybe? Will continue to purchase as long as they keep making it. One lippy off for spray nozzles that tend toward failure (had this happen on several bottles).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2005 3:23:00 PM More reviews by maggierose4

This is a straight up lemon fragrance. There's no sugar, cake, whipped cream, chocolate or candy sprinkles in this scent. It's as pure as it gets. To test if this really smells like fresh lemons I sprayed this on my elbows and then dabbed on pure lemon essential oil on my wrists to compare scents. I could detect no difference. The essential oil scent fades rather quickly on me but the Philosophy Lemon lasts several hours. I don't find it too strong or "Pledgey" as others have. This might be a good one to layer over other lemon or foodie type scents to enhance them for those who don't want the straight lemon scent. My only gripe is with the bottle. It sort of squirted out at me, like a lemon would. :-) A mist would be preferable though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2005 1:48:00 AM More reviews by rosieee

This smells exactly like Fresh Lemon Sugar. It is a very strong lemon scent which I personally like, but I do detect a pledge smell that others may not :) I would say to stick with Fresh sugar which has a less harsh lemon smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2004 9:32:00 PM More reviews by hiimnan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Smells exactly like hand cleaning wipes to me, which with the tea and sugar really smells good (to me.) I would not, however, wear this alone.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2004 1:21:00 AM More reviews by bunny207

I agree with the previous reviewer that this smells like Pledge. It really does! Not a very attractive fragrance! This is part of a trio- lemon, tea, and sugar. Of the three "Sugar" smells the best and is actually wearable. The trio retails for $50 USD (what a rip off).

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2004 4:03:00 PM More reviews by GinnyC2002

Smells like Pledge furniture polish. Way too harsh of a scent. Lemon should be light and uplifting, not heavy.