Philosophy Tea Party "Lemon"

3.3

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Super light -- zero lasting power -- sweet lemon scent. No tea.. just lemon. I'll pass........ fun but not FBW.

on 12/29/2006 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this for summer/ spring. ... I just happened to get a sample spray of Fresh sugar from Sephora. It smells dead on the same! Philosophy is cheaper if I remember correctly. I bought it a while back.

on 10/28/2005 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Lovely fresh, crisp lemon fragrance, I get compliments every single time I wear it and have gone through bottle after bottle after still more bottles. Not a true lemon, more like candy-ish lemon verbena. It's hard to find a lemon/citrus fragrance that hasn't been tainted with musk or something else equaly heavy. Decent staying power, but not great. A true pleasure to reapply through out the day. Now that Philosophy sells this on their site seperately from the Tea Party set I can buy it bulk and use to my hearts content. Really wish thay would make a larger size, say 4 oz maybe? Will continue to purchase as long as they keep making it. One lippy off for spray nozzles that tend toward failure (had this happen on several bottles).

on 6/24/2005 3:23:00 PM

This is a straight up lemon fragrance. There's no sugar, cake, whipped cream, chocolate or candy sprinkles in this scent. It's as pure as it gets. To test if this really smells like fresh lemons I sprayed this on my elbows and then dabbed on pure lemon essential oil on my wrists to compare scents. I could detect no difference. The essential oil scent fades rather quickly on me but the Philosophy Lemon lasts several hours. I don't find it too strong or "Pledgey" as others have. This might be a good one to layer over other lemon or foodie type scents to enhance them for those who don't want the straight lemon scent. My only gripe is with the bottle. It sort of squirted out at me, like a lemon would. :-) A mist would be preferable though.

on 4/13/2005 1:48:00 AM

This smells exactly like Fresh Lemon Sugar. It is a very strong lemon scent which I personally like, but I do detect a pledge smell that others may not :) I would say to stick with Fresh sugar which has a less harsh lemon smell.

on 8/16/2004 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Smells exactly like hand cleaning wipes to me, which with the tea and sugar really smells good (to me.) I would not, however, wear this alone.

on 6/25/2004 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I agree with the previous reviewer that this smells like Pledge. It really does! Not a very attractive fragrance! This is part of a trio- lemon, tea, and sugar. Of the three "Sugar" smells the best and is actually wearable. The trio retails for $50 USD (what a rip off).

on 6/24/2004 4:03:00 PM

Smells like Pledge furniture polish. Way too harsh of a scent. Lemon should be light and uplifting, not heavy.

Popular Fragrances