Avon Nailwear - Cotton Candy

Price: $

on 1/11/2014 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Kind of pale but I keep buying this as it is the perfect color/texture to mix with polish that is a bit too bright or has gotten too thick. It has the mixing balls and works great for this. I use it occasionally in spring/summer but mostly love it as it works better than thinner.

Are you kidding me?!????????? It only has a two and a half star rating?!????????????????
This is literally my FAAAAAAVORITE color of nailpolish EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just hate how mine's so watery and I have to apply like four layers to get it to the thickness I want it to be. But that's also a plus, because I can have just a transparent layer if I wanted to.

on 2/10/2013 4:41:00 PM

I really wanted to love this color. In the bottle it looks like the perfect soft feminine pink that leans more sophisticated than little girl. However, once on the nail I could not get this polish to dry. I applied one thin coat, an hour later it was still tacky. I took an entire day applying 3 coats of this polish waiting for it to dry and even sealing it with a good top coat I still got several dents and the dreaded bed sheet nails. I tried this polish 3 different times and perhaps I got a bad bottle but not even the gorgeous color will bring me to ever buy this terrible quality polish again. I have many avon polishes and this is the only one I have had any issues with.

on 11/2/2012 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this polish quite a few years ago and never really used it. I used it this week as I was sorting through my polishes. The polish was not dried out at all and was still quite runny. Maybe too runny. I applied two coats over a coat of OPI Nail Envy and it was still not opaque. I then used two coats of Sally Hansen's Disco Ball on top and finished with a coat of OPI quick dry. I LOVE the look of this pretty pink combined with the Disco Ball. However I'm very disappointed with how quickly this polish chipped. It was chipping within a day and I need a manicure after only two days.

I will be tossing the Avon polish.

on 12/31/2011 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was kind of disappointed in this product. I really like the color of this polish, but I was kind of disappointed in the quality. I had to do 3 coats to get the "cotton candy" pink, and for me, I found it took way too long to dry, I had to wait a long time for it to be dry. It's starting to a chip a bit after 2 days and does not leave any shine whatsoever, it's a completely solid pink. Thumbs down.

on 10/4/2011 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have this polish in Midnight Plum as well and have no problems. With this particular shade however, I find it's streaky and very watered down. You have to apply multiple coats just to get an even color on your nail. It's a pretty pastel pink, so it sucks that I won't be using it again nor would I purchase this particular shade again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This polish is a pastel but bright pink. It has a very watery, runny formula, that applies sheer and streaky. It takes a total of 6 coats to reach opacity and is still streaky even after that. It never seems to dry completely, even hours after application. I get a super short 2 to 3 hours before this polish is irreparably smudged, peels all the way off, or strangely..washes off. Not being water resistant is a common problem for me with Avon polishes, some of them come straight off if you merely wash your hands.

on 6/21/2011 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

this is a nice candy pink shade and I purchased it because I was looking for a light pink color to wear on my toes. I do no like the consistency of the polish. Like others have mentioned....it streaks...horribly. I had to apply 4 coats of it and still didn't like it because after 4 coats of polish my nails looked clumpy. If Avon were to fix the consistency of it then I would not mind purchasing it again.

on 5/28/2010 3:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I like the color of this polish. It's a light but bright cotton candy pink, without shimmer. What I don't like is the streakiness. I had to apply three coats on my toenails for full coverage. It does wear very nicely, but I don't always have time for three coats.

on 3/27/2010 1:11:00 PM

I'm blown away by the quality of this nail polish. I can even say that the quality is better then more expensive brands like OPI. The colour is beautiful, and even without a base or topcoat it lasted me a week with minimal chipping and touchups. With 2 coats you get even, opaque colour. I will definately be purchasing more Avon nailpolishes.

Popular Polishes