December 22, 2014 | 1702 users online

Highlighters - Jane - Jane Radiation - "You're Golden" [DISCONTINUED]

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2006 12:23:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I have "Sparked" and "Plutonium" as well and I think I like this one the least. It's a pale, cool-toned gold that's not too yellow or dark or anything, and is very, very shimmery (fine shimmers as opposed to chunky sparkles). The powder is fairly fine, but it doesn't "stick" very well on its own and "You're Golden" seems to be the worst in this regard--it just fades away after awhile. I'm okay with the packaging, though a sifter might've been nice. These are very inexpensive at around 4 USD for a big pot of color. I'll use up what I have but I doubt I'll get another.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2005 3:35:00 AM More reviews by cheryls

I like the way this shade goes with my tan skin. I use it as an eyeshadow to smooth all over my lids. Sometimes only as a highlighter under my brows. Being not so pigmented, I dont have to be so precise in my application. Too bad it tends to fade pretty fast, havent tried it wet though. The powder could be finer imo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2005 12:11:00 AM More reviews by BarbItalia

I just rediscovered this beauty!!! As many have said, it's like a Zen garden just to stare into the pot! The jar is packed full, and though many think of this as a hazard I kind of like it....it's a POTFULL of golden glimmer - HOW FUN!!!

I love that it is actually pretty sheer and therefore can be easily built up. Frankly I really like it just as a surprise sparkle for a natural-but-knockout looking eye with a bit of black liner and black-black mascara (I think everyone should use an eyeshadow base for the best results with lovely shadows). A wise lady here taught me to use metallics to bring out brown eyes - how true!!!

And of course this is marvelous as a highlighter anywhere you choose! This really IS a gem, to own and give (think: Holiday gifts!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2005 11:03:00 PM More reviews by SunsetRodeo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Goodness, this is freakin' gorgeous. First time I opened up the little pot, I went "oooooooooooooo woooooowww" and stared like an idiot for 3 minutes. It's like little miniature golden nugget shimmers! Lovely and can be used as an eyeshadow on the lid or browbone, used to highlight a tan ont he cheekbones, or mixed with lotion for an all over body glow. This is wonderful for the summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2005 1:13:00 AM More reviews by semarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product!!! I've been on a shimmer kick lately and this is great! Cheap but effective! I swipe a little of this over any peachy blush and it adds that golden shimmer for a fabulous glow! I'm going to have to stockpile this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2005 11:46:00 PM More reviews by kelpri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this highlighter. It's a very pretty golden color that works when I have a (fake) tan. I just dab a *tiny* bit on the tops of my cheekbones and above my brows, and it's very subtle, but it's also enough to make me glow. I wish the packaging had a sifter, though. I just know it's all going to spill out one hurried morning! I would repurchase, but I don't honestly think I'll need to considering I use such a small amount.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2005 6:26:00 PM More reviews by junglequeenjen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After receiving two of Jane's radiations in a swap, I drove all over town to try to find more! I stumbled across You're Golden and had to have it. It's a gorgeous yellow-gold that contains just the right amount of shimmer. I think I paid $2.89 for it. What a deal!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2005 9:17:00 PM More reviews by method

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to see this as i was ready to drop $14 on stila's all over shimmer eyes #2 (a golden shade as well), but since I'm on a budget, I could not resist the $3.49 pricetag. Upon testing it on my hand, the texture is not as smooth as stila or mac, but the color, a soft yellow/gold, is perfect.

I used stila's shadow pot in gold as a base and layered this on top. I find that this is more likely to fall all over my cheeks if I'm not careful enough, so I have to be a little more cautious about patting it lightly on my lids. I don't find it to be garish as some goldtones can be, and it's a subtle, glowy wash and a cheap alternative to other loose shimmers/pigments. most importantly, it hasn't creased on me.

Other pluses: it contains botanicals including juniper, aloe, nettle and elder flower which can explain the not-as-fine texture as stila or mac, but I can deal with that. also, you get a lot of product (2.0 g) which is twice as much as stila's! I almost spilled a bit when i opened the container; it was literally filled to the brim. I'm very happy to have found this, and I'd like to try out more shades! update: had to knock it down to 4 lippies... it wears off unevenly unlike my stila or mac pigments, but I think it's still a good buy. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2005 1:54:00 PM More reviews by jellybeans18

I like to use this too add some shimmer to my matte or less shimmery shadows. It looks great over pretty much any color, right now I'm using it over MAC's rule shadow to give it a little pop. This stuff is super sparkly, it looks like little flecks of gold, and there's tons in the container, definatly worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2004 12:37:00 AM More reviews by iMaxed5770

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Copy-pasted from a review of Jane's Radiation highlighters in general:

I have Jane's Radiation in 'You're Golden' and love it. I'm a die-hard MAC fan, but I'm definately considering making some room in my makeup drawer for these things. The color is so, so, pretty, and you simply cannot beat the price. Seriously, when I bought one of these out of spontaneity and opened it in front of my friend, I was like, "Ooooh, look at this.." When she saw how it looked on my hand, she responded, "Woah, screw MAC!" And if you know how much we like MAC, then you know that's really saying something!
The texture is nice and easy to work with - fine and powdery, and it blends easily. Also, the shimmer stays on all day for me.

I think anyone should give these a try. Even if you don't like it, they're ridiculously cheap, so it's no loss. Good stuff!