Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer

3.7

Aqueous (Water, Purified) Extracts: Linum Usitatissimum Extract, Althea Officianalis Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Panthenol, Fragrance (Parfum), Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium 11, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol

on 2/22/2015 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

For the price, I expected this to be better. It was okay, but didn't do anything really special for me. I used it until I ran out and then switched back to DevaCurl's gel, which is still expensive but works much much better.

on 2/14/2015 2:46:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have red mostly wavy hair with a few curls, that can turn into a big wavy frizzy mess when humid. I use this product on the days I just want to towel dry my hair and leave it to dry. I add a small coin sized amount from my ears down to wet hair, none on my scalp, and scrunch in. My waves become curls, then when mostly dry I spray with hairspray to decrease the frizz. This smells great, defines curls and generally makes my hair so much better. if ever I go on holidays or it's going to be humid I reach for this product.

on 10/23/2014 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Did I review the wrong one? Or are there two? Anyway, review for the other/duplicate as follows:

So first, I should tell you what my hair is like and what I am looking for in a product:

I have curly-wavy hair that is layered and sort of long, lots of frizz and different lengths in there. I am pretty minimal with my hair as I hate to blow dry, heat treat, straighten, over wash, anything. So basically, if it feels like a gunky hard crunch product, I will NOT use it.

That said, I got this from a friend who had curly hair and I tried it out. The 'free' factor is a huge element in how I feel about it, so I apologize for that. It feels light, which I like, because other stuff is just too much. This feels natural too, and mine didn't smell bad. At the same time, I do still have frizz and could use more curl definition and separation, but if that means going with a gel, I'd rather go without anything. So because this is light, and I have a lot that was a gift, I will keep using it. Don't know if I'd really 'buy' it or not, but I like it better than any other 'styling product' so far. She gave me two and I kept one when I moved, so I probably wouldn't buy another if I didn't even keep one of the free ones lol. But its not stiff or horrid, not my fave but not bad. It doesn't make it feel bad when I use it, a little more defined, which in a way can be good. I have this horrible tendency to touch and comb though my hair with my hands which is never good for curls so this helps form them a bit better but I'm too ADD to stop touching my hair. Otherwise it would be better haha.

on 10/23/2014 6:09:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I really love this stuff! I have naturally long curly hair, and i find sometimes the curls can frizz a bit, but not with this. I probably use more than i should, but i find i like the look better when i use a bit more than recommended. I sometimes add a few drops of Confixor liquid gel also by Aveda, to hold the curls better especially in extreme weather conditions, and i LOVE the smell :D I know it's a bit pricey compared to other products, but you know what they say, you get what you pay for, and in this case you definitely do! I've used so many different products over the years, from super cheap to super expensive and for me personally this has been the best out of all of them.

on 6/14/2014 1:12:00 PM

I initially thought I was falling for yet another gimmick, but wow, I was way off in my thinking - this product has great consistency and only very little is needed for application. I like to "cocktail" my styling products, so I mixed in 2 (and ONLY 2) drops of Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid. End result: healthy-looking, bouncy curls that last all day. I only purchased the travel size, but now I know I will go back for the large when I run out. Thanks, Aveda, for such a great styling product!

on 4/18/2014 7:04:00 AM

Broke me out in huge, painful cysts around my ears and hairline. Yes, I'm sure it was this product. Breakouts finally cleared after not using thus for 2 weeks. Sad - i liked this for my curls.

on 2/5/2014 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite hair products of all time. Now, I don't have naturally curly hair; however, my hair is long, thick, and wavy. It gets dry very easily and needs TLC, particularly in the winter. This product does the trick. Moisturizes, softens, adds just a touch of shine - my hair feels healthy (and smells great) when I use it. Would definitely re-purchase.

on 1/14/2014 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Absolute fav for forever.

on 1/13/2014 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have never purchased this product, but a few stylists have used it on my hair. Even on a dry day, I left the salon looking like a poodle. I could not get home quickly enough to rewash and start over. On more humid days, this stuff turned my fine, frizz-prone hair into a gigantic, frizzy, poofy mess. I looked like a time traveler from the 1980s. I don't know what kind of hair this is suited for, but if your hair is prone to frizz, this product will only make it worse. The only plus is that the product, like almost everything Aveda makes, smells divine.

on 11/8/2013 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I had high hopes for this produce because it was so darn expensive. It didn't do much. Not impressed.

Top Rated Aveda Products