December 21, 2014 | 1460 users online

Styling Products - Aveda - Be Curly Curl Enhancer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Did I review the wrong one? Or are there two? Anyway, review for the other/duplicate as follows:

So first, I should tell you what my hair is like and what I am looking for in a product:

I have curly-wavy hair that is layered and sort of long, lots of frizz and different lengths in there. I am pretty minimal with my hair as I hate to blow dry, heat treat, straighten, over wash, anything. So basically, if it feels like a gunky hard crunch product, I will NOT use it.

That said, I got this from a friend who had curly hair and I tried it out. The 'free' factor is a huge element in how I feel about it, so I apologize for that. It feels light, which I like, because other stuff is just too much. This feels natural too, and mine didn't smell bad. At the same time, I do still have frizz and could use more curl definition and separation, but if that means going with a gel, I'd rather go without anything. So because this is light, and I have a lot that was a gift, I will keep using it. Don't know if I'd really 'buy' it or not, but I like it better than any other 'styling product' so far. She gave me two and I kept one when I moved, so I probably wouldn't buy another if I didn't even keep one of the free ones lol. But its not stiff or horrid, not my fave but not bad. It doesn't make it feel bad when I use it, a little more defined, which in a way can be good. I have this horrible tendency to touch and comb though my hair with my hands which is never good for curls so this helps form them a bit better but I'm too ADD to stop touching my hair. Otherwise it would be better haha.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by girlp0wer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love this stuff! I have naturally long curly hair, and i find sometimes the curls can frizz a bit, but not with this. I probably use more than i should, but i find i like the look better when i use a bit more than recommended. I sometimes add a few drops of Confixor liquid gel also by Aveda, to hold the curls better especially in extreme weather conditions, and i LOVE the smell :D I know it's a bit pricey compared to other products, but you know what they say, you get what you pay for, and in this case you definitely do! I've used so many different products over the years, from super cheap to super expensive and for me personally this has been the best out of all of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Colour4me

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I initially thought I was falling for yet another gimmick, but wow, I was way off in my thinking - this product has great consistency and only very little is needed for application. I like to "cocktail" my styling products, so I mixed in 2 (and ONLY 2) drops of Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid. End result: healthy-looking, bouncy curls that last all day. I only purchased the travel size, but now I know I will go back for the large when I run out. Thanks, Aveda, for such a great styling product!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 7:04:00 AM More reviews by jen1103

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Broke me out in huge, painful cysts around my ears and hairline. Yes, I'm sure it was this product. Breakouts finally cleared after not using thus for 2 weeks. Sad - i liked this for my curls.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by makeupavatar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of my favorite hair products of all time. Now, I don't have naturally curly hair; however, my hair is long, thick, and wavy. It gets dry very easily and needs TLC, particularly in the winter. This product does the trick. Moisturizes, softens, adds just a touch of shine - my hair feels healthy (and smells great) when I use it. Would definitely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 4:24:00 AM More reviews by sparks42

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolute fav for forever.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2014 9:12:00 AM More reviews by vwterry

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have never purchased this product, but a few stylists have used it on my hair. Even on a dry day, I left the salon looking like a poodle. I could not get home quickly enough to rewash and start over. On more humid days, this stuff turned my fine, frizz-prone hair into a gigantic, frizzy, poofy mess. I looked like a time traveler from the 1980s. I don't know what kind of hair this is suited for, but if your hair is prone to frizz, this product will only make it worse. The only plus is that the product, like almost everything Aveda makes, smells divine.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by harrisss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had high hopes for this produce because it was so darn expensive. It didn't do much. Not impressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Suesaroo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I only use this product in the summer when the humidity is up and I need to fight frizz. I gues it does what it says. Aveda products are definitely gentle and I have used a variety of them forever. Pricey but, it helps me achieve the results I want.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 2:56:00 AM More reviews by emodel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the lighter, pump bottle Style-Prep first, and really liked that. Than I saw they are recommended together. So I got this one too. But after trying it for a while, I gave it to my friend who has very thick hair. She loves it. But for me, this was way too heavy for my fine, curly hair. So I will just stick to the much lighter Style-Prep serum.