October 20, 2014 | 2009 users online

Eye Shadow - Almay - Bright Eyes Shimmer Pearls

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2009 3:02:00 AM More reviews by kourtshort

I got this product a couple years ago and never really used it much. Recently I've become more into makeup and I've found instead of using this as just an eye shadow it works great as a tinted primer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2008 2:01:00 AM More reviews by turkey2083

Being one who is easily distracted by shiny objects Almay's Bright Eyes Shimmer Pearls eyeshadow in 'Violets Are Blue' definitely caught my eye.

The first disappointment was when I opened the package at home and found that it was cream and not powder as I had assumed, but I got brave and tried it today (bought it a while ago). There are three colors to it; a smoky purple, a light blue and a light pink and all have a silvery shimmer to them. Naturally, I tried the darkest (purple) on my lid, the blue on my crease and the pink to highlight my brow bone.

Well that was a disaster. None of the colors showed up much at all. The purple was most disapplinting. It definitely added shimmer to my lid and the pink highlighted well, but there was a flagrant blue stripe in the middle of my eyelid. No matter how well I blended them these colors didn't belong together on my eyelid and their packaging and presentation led me in the wrong direction.

"What to do, what to do," I'm thinking as I consider my options I glare at my makeup remover. Reluctant to give up, I look at my eyes and see that the problem is essentially that my lid is way too light and I look like a pale disaster that fell out of the 80's.

So I scanned my makeup on the bathroom counter and look for something that is fairly neutral, remotely matches the disaster already in place and definitely darker to fix the imbalance of color on my lids. I decided on a L'Oreal HIP Pigment Stick in 'Captivating.' I applied it on my lid, saw the harsh line it created between the lid and the blue and wondered, "oh man, what have I done now?" But, again, before stressing out I got to thinking constructively.

Then I remembered one of my prevailing philosophies in makeup when in doubt blend!

So I grabbed a silvery sheer color I have and blended the shit out of that situation. It was great! I got rid of the harsh lines and made everything just kinda melt together. Never doubt the possibilites of blending.

Oh and I obviously don't recommend the Almay Bright Eyes Shimmer Pearls, but if you happen to be one of the suckers that fell for it, like me, at least there's something you can do with it. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2007 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Christina88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this product!! I have all four pallates and one limited edition one in Day at The Beach. I love how it stays on all day and doesn't crease on me, however I use a base. I love how they give me that unmade up natural look without looking over the top. My favorite of the pallates are Dawn's Early Light. I put the golden peach color all over my lid, the brown color in my crease and the nude taupe as a highlight under my brow bone. It really does brighten my eyes and make me look more awake. I just wish they didn't discontinue these, but I have a couple of backups so I will be set for a while. It is the only eyeshadw that I've ever completely run out of a couple times over.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2007 8:48:00 PM More reviews by loogie

I was so disappointed with this product. For some reason, I didn't realize that this was a cream shadow. It looked so nice in the package, I actually paid something like $12 CDN for it. Then it turned out to be a cream shadow that was just plain bad. No more Almay for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2007 5:18:00 PM More reviews by winterblue42

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Good thing this isn't around anymore because it's the worst cream eyeshadow in the entire world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2006 3:30:00 PM More reviews by ABCinVA

TERRIBLE. I only paid $1.88 for this since it was on sale at CVS and wanted to try it. UGH. I had to put on a TON of it to make it barely show up and it ended up bein muddy and crease-y. Yuck. In order to even make it show up I needed to mix them together since the two lighter shades did nothing for me. I have medium skin and usually look great with pearly light colors. I'll probably end up keeping this aruond for a few montsh before finally tossing it. Bleah.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2005 9:23:00 AM More reviews by ilovemakeupandsoshouldyou

ALMAY BRIGHT EYES SHIMMERING PEARLS EYESHADOW IN VIOLETS ARE BLUE. I found this at target w/ a bonus mascara for 1/2 the price, so of course, I couldnt pass it up. This is a cream e/s trio that comes with a dark, smokey purple, a sky blue and a light pink, all very shimmery. I'm not that into cream shadows, but I decided I'll give them a try. They're good, the crease a bit, but not terribly. They really do make me have bright eyes and make me look more awake. My favorite color is the dark purple. Very pretty and easier to wear than the blue or the icy pink. : ) UPDATE: i never use this anymore...it's okay...but i wouldnt buy it at full price.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2005 11:40:00 AM More reviews by sunnyvalebaker

I used it once and decided to throw it away. Hard to apply, cakey. Do not waste your $$.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2005 12:07:00 PM More reviews by natashik1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This eye shadow can be easily nominated for the worst creamy eyeshadow ever! Although the colours look good in the package, they are far not as pigmented as I expected them to be. Secondly, each colour is placed way too close to each other, so it makes it nearly ipossible not to mix white and brown colours while dabbing into them for application. The shadows themselves are extremely hard to apply, as they smudge all over the eyelid, from one corner to another, so it takes hours to blend them in. In addition, it creases, looks smudgy, and makes you wonder what kind of idiot invented this horrible product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2005 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Iseult6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Unlike a lot of other people here it seems, I never had the conception that these pearls were supposed to be powdery. I ordered the "Born to Be Bronzed" palette from Cosmetics & More for a dollar before reading the extremely negative reviews here (5 per cent buy-again rate! Yikes!), so I was a bit apprehensive when the product actually arrived. However, I was most pleasantly surprised! The stuff blended beautifully and I detected NO CREASING whatsoever throughout the day, even though my skin is quite oily. The colours are shimmery and beautiful and compliment my blue eyes and cool toned skin, even though I was a bit worried about that. For $1, this was a steal, but I wouldn't mind paying full price for it!