LUSH Catastrophe Cosmetic

3.9

(Calamine Powder is Zinc Oxide 'with a dash of Iron Oxide'-LUSH website) Ingredients: Calamine Powder, Talc, Irish Moss Gel (Chondrus crispus), Fresh Blueberries (Vaccinium myrtillus), Glycerine, Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis), Sweet Orange Oil (Citrus Aurantium dulcis), *Limonene, Perfume, Colour 18050 * Occurs naturally in Essential Oils

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The amount of times this face mask has saved my skin (and my life, it feels like).. After years and years of trying to find something that worked for my problematic skin I stumbled upon Lush's products. This one is still one of the best skin products I've ever tried.

My skin tends to flare up and break out at stressful times, due to hormones once a month, from certain food and generally when I've used a product that doesn't agree with my skin. This mask calms it right down again. I got a tip from a lush employee to use it every other day for a while, and boy did it have effect! The combination of clay and blueberries is sooo soothing for the skin, and on top of being effective, this mask is also a really pleasant experience to use overall. I sit around smelling like a blueberry muffin and loving it.

If you have oily skin, I think this product could work really well for that too. I only have a slightly oily t-zone, and fighting oil is not my main priority, but it does get to all those oils and mattes you face down.

The one con, and I wouldn't even call it a con if it wasn't for the sake of this review, would be that I don't think it suits my skin as perfectly during the winter months. I say think, because I haven't tried using it during times that my skin have been unusually dry. It's not that it's a particularly drying mask - it's more that I've wanted to lock as much moisture into the skin as possible during the winter months. Once again with the help of the lovely lush employees, I found an equally calming and gentle mask in Oatifix, which I think is a good alternative if your skin also tends to become dry during some parts of the year.

Lastly, I've noticed that it gradually does get a little bit drier and harder to smooth over the skin. I find that if I mix in a little bit of water, it'll go right back to the original consistency. That might give you a few extra days of usage, even if it's very much a "use fresh" kind of product.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is the most amazing face mask for my combination skin, I often get redness in my super pale skin and this mask completely fixes it. I'm sure it affects everyone's skin differently but this is so softening, calming and moisturising!

I'm not sure how I feel about face masks in tubs as I feel a little unhygienic but I can deal with that to use this mask.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

My other favorite mask from LUSH besides Brazened Honey. It's has a smooth creamy yet thick consistency with soft chunks of blueberries. Im a huge fan of LUSH's face masks because when I read the ingredients, it contains real ingredients like calamine powder, blueberries and almond oil, just for example and that is what interests me It. smells sweet, juicy and powdery, like violets like other have mentioned.

This is a mask that MUST be kept in the refrigerator otherwise it will go bad, this is with all of LUSH's fresh face masks. Yes I know the packaging is not pretty and it is strange to keep in the fridge but it feels amazing to put on the face. The cooling sensation feels so good on my skin. At the moment, my skin is congested, a bit on the drier side and a bit raw from me rubbing it too much and this mask is God sent. This mask is very relaxing to spread on, let it cool and soothe and my skin. I keep it on longer than the instructed 5-10 minutes. I like to re wet it with a spray toner so I can keep it on longer and take in more of the effects. Overall results: My skin feels very smooth, soft, and I had that look like I had a long recharge nap after using this mask.

I think this mask would be great for all skin types. I do not expect this to "cure" anything like acne or completely take away dryness. This is soothing, calming, very mildly cleansing, softening, and refreshing to use like a pick me up. For party people, I can see this being the ultimate hangover mask. I wish I knew about this mask in college. I would buy again, hungover or not.

Didnt do much for my skin

Less drying than other mud masks. Good for oily skins and helped to calm the redness down. However like other mud masks, it leaves the powdery after feeling which made me insecure that I didn't wash it clean. My skin is sensitive and prone to breakout, this mask did not break me out which is good. However I prefer Don't look at me over this.

Hello to all.

This was the first Lush face mask I bought because quinoderm got discontinued :'( and I was really scared of getting the return of teen pro acne *shivers*.
Firstly, it smells very nice so I don't mind having it on my face. It does make the skin soft and the only reason it's not 5 lippy is that it can be drying if you leave it on a lil bit too much. But all good.

Moisturise after. It's not very exfoliating so I think a srubadubby is needed in addition. But would buy again. I usually place in freezer before I use to make it nice and cold.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Really love this mask
It improve my skin generally
Ever since puberty my face always has breakouts
Especially Pre menstrual period
This mask soothes my skin, reduce redness and clean my skin thoroughly
And It won't make ur skin dry
So far is my most favourite mask in Lush

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Catastrophe Cosmetic is my favourite fresh face mask from Lush, and I have repurchased it countless times. I have dry, sensitive skin and am not prone to breakouts, though of course I get the occassional spot here and there. This mask claims to reduce any inflammation or redness while soothing the skin and I find that it does so. It leaves my skin feeling very soft and clean, and any spots or other redness I have are smaller much less red. It feels very nice while worn as well. The ingredients include blueberries which are full of antioxidants, chamomile which is calming and Irish moss which is softening, which are lovely. This mask is a periwinkle blue colour and smells delicious - like parma violets! This mask can be a bit dry, so I recommend adding a bit of water to it to soften it and make it an easier consistency to spread onto the face. This mask also needs to be kept refridgerated and, due to its freshness it has a really short expiry date, only a couple of weeks, and needs to be used in that time. I really would recommend this mask, I feel like it would be suitable for a large variety of skin types.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Love this face mask. I find my skin looks more matte, which is good for someone with oily skin. It calms your skin down and also gives it some hydration. Really recommend and my skin feels so nice and soft.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Love the scent but I don't feel like this does much for my skin. I saw no difference in my skin at all, I did have a mild breakout but I'm not sure it was caused by this mask (likely just from stress). Will not repurchase.

Popular Masks