Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs- tan glow

3.8

on 4/2/2015 3:00:00 AM

This stuff is literally AMAZING!!!!! It does actually give you the airbrushed look. I always get compliments when I wear this and people are always asking if I'm wearing tights.. nope just great looking legs thanks to this product hehe! My holy grail instant tan! It doesn't wash off in the rain which is great but its still really easy to scrub off I'm the shower :)

on 3/19/2015 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Pros:
-High pigmentation
-Comes off nicely
-Covers scars, hyper-pigmentation, etc. (It's almost like foundation)
-Easily blended
-Can be buildable - a little goes a long way in terms of giving a faint glow, or if you use a good bit it will come out darker, obviously.
-Easy to get the colour you want as it comes out instantly

Cons:
-Stains clothes and sheets
-Wipes off easily, can get messy

I love this, me and all my friends use it and everyone raves about it. Haven't met one person who dislikes it.

I'd never use it if I was wearing white, it will stain your clothes.

I apply it using a tanning mitt or an old sock (socks work surprisingly well), I usually exfoliate beforehand.

I usually mix some of this with my foundation to blend it with the rest of my body, it covers everything, better than any high-coverage foundation. Wouldn't do this on a daily basis as it breaks my skin out occasionally.

on 6/23/2014 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is so perfect. It is instant and long lasting. I prefer this over nylons, especially during summer when its too hot to wear nylons. Unlike self-tanners, this spray instantly darkens/evens out your legs. It's like foundation for your legs.

on 1/7/2014 1:40:00 PM

I love this make up tan. I use it only every second day and it lasts all day to give a lovely glowing tan that looks so real people think I'm Spanish! It's great to be able to afford a tan you can have when you want and it's cheap to only 9 euro. Make sure though to exfoliate once a week before you use it as with every tan it will go patchy with the dead skin cells. Love it.

on 5/16/2013 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm so glad I found this! I tend to be self conscious about my legs when I wear shorts, skirts, dresses etc, but I couldn't let that keep getting in the way! lol So after looking up different reviews I decided to give this a shot. I have some small spider veins here and there as well as some small childhood scars and mild eczema. This does a pretty darn good job of covering those up! I chose the tan shade since I am NC 35/40 and looking a little extra tan on your legs never hurts! The color matched perfectly and blended in very evenly. I just shake the bottle, spray it lightly in the palm of my hand and then rub it in evenly and quickly along my legs like regular lotion. I don't do circular motions or anything fancy, just straight up and down without stopping from end to end and I think that helps in the non-streaky result. I haven't tested it around pools or beaches so I can't speak on that part, but I can say that it has lasted all day for me and during long nights with friends as well! It comes off easily with soap, water, and a little scrubbing. Hope it works for you guys like it did for me. Good luck ladies!

on 12/18/2012 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I self tan, and sometimes the tan doesn't stick and looks blotchy or it just doesn't take on my legs and some parts of my body. Actually, I orginally bought this to hide my back acne, as I was attending a beach wedding. Well, this did the job. Nice coverage, rubbed in well, I was really really hesitant. The color was decent, maybe a little pink for tan. But worked great, is pretty water resistent but will rub off your clothes after a couple of days if you didn't shower. lol.

My only complaints is the overspray, my hotel bathroom looked pretty bad and when I got to other parts, the spray landed on my feet and there were brown droplets all over. Also this is really glittery in the sunlight, I was on the beach right before the wedding and I ran back to get my camera, after I came back, people commented "you look sooo sparkly!" Which could be taken as a compliment, but I admit, I looked down and looked like a disco ball. But other than that I would definatley use this stuff again.

on 8/30/2012 11:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

One try and I'm hooked!! Skin tone wise I'm in the range of MAC's NW 40, with some olive undertones that can darken in tone depending on sun exposure. I also suffer during the Summer with SEVERE allergy related eczema (to the point where I develop dark patches on my skin because of scratching). It makes wearing shorts, skirt and other Summer time outfits somewhat hard. Typically during an outbreak if I'm wearing some of the afore mentioned outfits I'll get asked at least a couple times a day "what is wrong" with my legs. I also have some scaring on my knee as a result of major knee surgery that adds to the 'awkward' factor. This product completely covers my scars and eczema to the point where if I saw a photo of myself and didn't know they were there I wouldn't suspect any skin issues. I typically spray all over the desired area once, blend, wait for it to dry, apply one more spray, blend and if there are any areas still showing I spray a small amount into my hand and apply using a sponge or makeup brush. if I want a little 'extra' look I use Loreal's 'Sublime Bronze' over the area and it gives me more glow. The only issue I have with this product is the drying time. On the bottle it says 60 seconds, but I've found it's more like 5mins so waiting that time between coats and then to finally dry is a bit frustrating, but at the same time SO worth it. I'd recommend it to anyone with scars, eczema/psoriasis, or any other skin concerns.

on 7/29/2012 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I uploaded two pictures (before and after) so people can see the type of coverage it gives. I have several spider veins on the back of my calves and this product does a good job helping to cover them up. They're not entirely covered, but it's much better! The "after" picture was using Deep Glow which is their darkest shade. I actually prefer Tan Glow because it's not as orange. It's my skin color, just better. :) I'm a MAC NC35-40 for reference. I am not a fan of the sparkles but you can only really see it in the sunlight. It is definitely transfer and water resistant. I went swimming with this stuff on and it stayed on until I started drying my legs off with a towel! Amazing! No noticeable scent and it doesn't spray all over the place. Just in the palm of my hand, where I want it. $12.49 at ULTA.

on 6/24/2012 5:17:00 PM

I rarely wear shorts or skirts so when summer comes around I am a little embarrassed of my pale legs. This is the perfect product for faking flawless legs without worrying about orange streaks or rubbing off on your clothes.

It blends so well and doesn't leave any streaks. I was really impressed with how great my legs looked. The price is a little steep so pick it up on sale or at Target.

on 4/4/2012 9:00:00 PM

I have been using this product for years and swear by it. Depending on where you use it, most effective after exfoliating, shaving and moisturizing. It is expensive but the result is worth it. The smell is subtle and pleasant unlike many fake tans. It looks great up close and from a distance. Appears as a make-up rather than tan. It literally hides everything - blemishes, freckles, moles, veins, etc. On the downside, it does rub off onto clothing and is not waterproof. Medium glow is best for fair skinned, tan glow is a little darker and good for a natural beige tan look, dark glow is extremely dark however still wearable by girls who like to look extremely tanned. I have used all three yet prefer tan glow. In recent years i have noticed that it leaves a sparkly finish, it never use to. The sparkles tend to make it look a little overdone for day time use. All in all, a fantastic product. I absolutely love it. Just wish that it was a little cheaper and lasted longer. (I usually get 3-4 full body applications out of one can).
Hope that helps :)