December 18, 2014 | 1877 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clearasil - Pore Cleansing Pads

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

I bought these for a very specific period when I was going to be mostly bedridden/immobile and knew my skin would freak out without my whole routine. I didn't want to deal with a major breakout, so I decided to go semi-nuclear and have these on standby. I'm really glad I did, and they may even stay part of my routine on a semi-regular basis. They kept my skin clear and clean and didn't cause any new problems other than a little dryness, which could also be because I didn't bother with moisturizer even though my skin is accustomed to one. Still, the high alcohol content probably didn't help. The lippie I took off is more for the packaging, which as others have said, leaks. I wouldn't take this travelling much (which is too bad, because the pads with liquid concept seems convenient) and packed it in a ziploc bag to be safe. But all in all, the formula is a very good salicylic acid liquid treatment.

I wouldn't recommend for those who have bad problems with surface dryness unless you plan to combine it with a good moisturizer. But it's a very good strong SA treatment if that's what you need.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Benjamin5412

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use these Pore Cleansing pads at least three times a day, and I love them so much I made them my routine for my skin care. They exfoliate very well with the benefit of chemical and physical gentle exfoliators. The scent is not too strong and not too light, so it's neutral. I do recommend this to anybody and any skin type, just be wise for the sensitive ;) Try it out, and good luck!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Arrflorr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it and def rids the dirt!!! Great for all types of acne but i suggest using a moisturizer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

This is less than 5 for a pack of 65 pads. I cut mine in half and use only one half for my entire face and neck - they are so soaked in liquid that I find that is enough! Needless to say, they last ages!
Thing is, the pads are very scratchy! What I do is take the half pad and just gently tap it everywhere on my face - DO NOT RUB as they can and will cause irritation and even broken capillaries! They are too harsh to use for exfoliation, imo. I do think if you had body acne (back, chest...) then you could use them to go over those areas with no problems.
I use these just at night, and not every night because I think in the long run they can be drying (I have combo skin with dry-ish cheeks) as they contain alcohol as the second ingredient. The liquid absorbs quickly into the skin, and I then put on a moisturiser.
Used regularly, these have helped reduce the blackheads on my nose noticeably and prevented breakouts (these in rotation with other salicylic acid products!).
Overall I think this is excellent value for money, but be sure to just tap it softly over your face and not rub.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by ILOVEMAKEUP1111

I love these but just use them only at night if i were u because it can hurt ur skin but i love them so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by livelaughlovelots

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

First of all, I like this product. As long as I don't use it on my face. If I were to rate it on the face, it would be as low as possible. But for body acne, it would be a good score. So final score: 3/5. I got this product probably a few years ago. I was over at my friend's house and she had some on her counter and she used them on her face that night, and started raving about it. I used some and enjoyed it, although in my opinion it stung where I had a small cut on my forehead and just in general. I went to the store and they must have been misplaced, because the pricetag was around $10. No way was I going to pay that much for only 90 pads. A month later I went back and did a price scan, they were a little less than $4. Okay, so I got them. Benzoyl peroxide isn't really my friend, I used some and I had severe allergic reactions and had to get medical help and got put on steroids and Benedryl. It has 2% salicylic acid. I started using this on my face. My forehead had never ever had a zit. I really don't even have acne, really. I think the purpose of this was to prevent acne. I used this on my face, and my whole face broke out. Now listen, when users say stuff like, "This caused a rash!" and "This broke me out!" etc. I never believe them. I choose to believe that they were just mistaking this for breaking them out or causing a rash when really it was not to blame. But this? I'm serious when I said it broke my face out. Soon enough my skin got used to it and didn't break out anymore, but I don't use this on my face anymore. I use it on my chest and back to prevent acne. I use it before bed, and sometimes in the morning. It does a pretty good job, better than nothing and I can definately tell a difference between the week where I didn't use it and the week where I did. It helps some, and never broke my back or chest out (I think). The tingle it gives is pretty refreshing. The pad may feel a bit scratchy, but I go slow and have piece of mind that it is exfoliating too. The smell actually smells okay. Maybe it is just because I use the Clearasil Face Wash and have used that for 5+ years, but it smells pleasant. It has a slight medical scent and reminds you of doctor's office hand sanitizer or something. It doesn't dry out my skin, but then again I do not have dry skin. I have repurchased a lot, and have been using it for years. I know that sounds weird to say with my rating, but I can't think of anything better to use for body acne. It is cheap and effective and comes with a lot of pads. It lasts me at least a month.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2010 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Jackie7354

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product and I really got off on the wrong foot...I originally used these twice a day, everyday. what a big mistake that was. This made my face a mess! I broke out, my skin was peeling and red. It was bad. After letting my face settle down and clear up, I began using these a couple times a week and at night only. These have improved the overall appearance of my skin. I dont have acne, but I do have some small whiteheads on my chin. These pads cleared them up and keeps them at bay. I suggest using this product only a few times a week in the beginning, then if you really need them, begin using them more frequently.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 12:27:00 AM More reviews by sweetkandi87

I am 23 and have been having some issues with adult acne ever since I got off the pill. I was desperate to try something, and I didnt want to spend a lot of money, because in the past clinique worked best, but I just cant get that right now. So anyways, I got this, it was a little over $3 dollars for 90 pads, and thats a great buy! I have been using this the past 4 days morning and night, and I already see an improvement! My forehead looks so much more clear than before, and it didnt totally dry my skin out. I will keep buying until I do try something else. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchase these over and over to use for my face, chest, back and shoulders. They are very inexpensive and do a great job of getting medicine deep into my pores. I notice a clearing of acne within a day of using these. I can use multiple ones on my back during a day and not worry about too much drying or the cost. Really, these are pretty great.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2009 2:51:00 PM More reviews by poodlegirl4

I have ventured away from these before, but always, always come back to them. I am giving these a 5 lippie rating not because they are an HG, as they don't keep my skin perfect. However, they are the only treatment of this kind I have ever found that will keep my skin half decent. I have typical oily teenage skin, and although I don't have terrible acne, I get spots often enough that I am always trying to find good skincare. Anti-acne face washes don't do enough for my skin, and I have never found a spot cream that does anything. This is a pretty good prevention product; I always seem to break out if I forget to use these pads a couple of days in a row, and it's very good for oil prevention and drying up spots too. They are cheap, well packaged and seem to be pretty unique; I have never really found any equivalent product. These are definitely a staple for me.