October 1, 2014 | 1030 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers in Champagne

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by LluviaCatMagic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love all the burts bees lip balms esp. This lip shimmer in the champagne color. It's a very light pink shade. And because its so shimmery I tend to only use a little and then cover it with gloss. I love that it has peppermint oil in it too. It think they're like four or five dollars, which is fine I guess but I do feel like you don't really get a lot of product. Also I find that it melts...super easily. If I leave it in my pocket by accident this stuff gets messy :( but overall I like it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Pekoe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Good product, not the best color. These tinted balms are last a decent amount of time, and have a nice minty taste, although the small circumference makes them more difficult to apply than they should be. This particular shade, however, is pure shimmer and frost in a pink that's so pale it's almost white. I'm sure there are people out there for whom that sounds perfect, but I don't think making my lips paler does anything for me. I would still consider buying this again in other colors, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by googlemas

I have to start by saying that I love the Lip Shimmers in general (Rhubarb is an HG for me), but I never really liked Champagne. I always thought it was way too frosty and just unflattering.

But then! I tried it on the center of my lips over a lipstick, and the result was gorgeous! It highlights the center beautifully and adds a great dimension to a flat looking lipstick. It also adds a kick of moisture over the lipstick that is very welcome, especially now in the winter months.

I've also been enjoying it as a cheek highlighter. Though it is shimmery, sheered out it can be beautiful on the cheeks.

So, all in all, great layered over lipstick (sparingly!) and as a cheek highlight every once in a while. Would repurchase this, but don't see myself using it up anytime soon.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2012 4:33:00 AM More reviews by tbabi

Very glittery but in order to not let it go to waste I mix it with another lip balm so it's sheer and not in your face with glitter. It also doesn't condition or smooth lips like they claim, as it doesn't really warm up and get smooth when you apply it. I do respect Burt's Bees for stepping out and being 100% natural though. They have some good products but the lip products don't seem to be too great at least for me. I tried this one by them in a glass pot with a strawberry on it and it wasn't moisturizing either. I was just hard like this one that kinda breaks into chunks rather than being creamy or slippery.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by hollywaters

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can wear Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Champagne on days where I have no skin blemishes. If I'm not in peak form, however, this lip balm can suck my face of any colour. It has a tendency to drain the life out of my cheeks if I'm not wearing some makeup, which isn't great, because I was hoping this one would make me look put-together on its own. I bought this shade after being fairly happy with Caramel, but this only looks good when I'm wearing cool tones clothing (particularly lilac or sky blue). Gritty, particulate application makes me feel like I'm probably exfoliating my own lips and swallowing the skin (gross). I think they were trying to go for "glamour" but ends up looking like "I'm on my period."

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by demeteraurion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I like this color and product a lot. It is very sheer so it doesn't make you look silly with no lips. It is a light shimmery pink color. The texture is nice, is goes on like a chapstick but has more grit to it (the shimmer?). I use this color often as it is simple and not overpowering. The only downside is the color seems to fade quickly and it's sometimes difficult to paint on the lips with the tube. It is also pricey considering the color doesn't last long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by kimwhittkeli

like this a lot including the shimmer,and watermelon

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by daniellejerz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm super pale and have light skin, so I've been on the hunt for a good nude lip product. I HAVE FOUND IT!!! It gives my lips the perfect light pink shine, tastes/smells great and it even made my lips look fuller. The only downside is that it was fairly expensive, I paid 6$ for the tinniest tube of this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by PirateFan308

I love this color! I have darker, olive skin so I do find it fairly harsh, but if I apply a thin coat of the normal lip balm and then this shimmer over top, I find it a really cute, subtle look. It doesn't last very well, but if you put it on lightly, you can easily reapply without a mirror and it does last a long time. I use it for daily wear and have repurchased.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by MaeghanMakeupp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Pretty decent product. Moisturizes well and I really like the way it makes your lips look. The only thing I don't like is the tatse and it also has a gritty texture.