Clinique Blended Face Powder in Transparency 3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Went for makeup advice on a nice pageant look and ended up buying this little beauty! I'm so glad I did! I've had this product for years and it's still got quite a bit of powder left. I use it everyday because tinted face powders seem to make my makeup look cakey and who wants to look like an overbaked Jersey girl? Anyway, this translucent powder is a must have in my makeup collection. The price is a bit expensive, but so worth it! Like I said, I've had it for years! Definitely worth the money!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

If you only want to fixate your foundation and get rid of any shine, I'd say this is a perfect product! I've just recently started using it, but I have a feeling it'll last you a long long time too, making it well worth the money. I find it takes some getting used to transparent, loose powders after having used only pretty pigmented pressed powder before, but in the end I'm sure it makes for a much better result. It really does a great job fixating the foundation, which is good for all sorts of reasons. The brush you get with the product isn't very good, and I wouldn't recomment it for everyday use, but I really do appreciate the fact that you can "load" it, put it in your purse and have an easy way to freshen up during a day or night out.

I have combination skin - Oily T-zone with other areas normal in summer and bit dry in winter. No major blemishes, few whiteheads / blackheads. I have pale medium-fair with yellow undertones and I live in place which has a hot and humid weather. Also my skin is sensitive and prone to an occasional breakout. Given my skin type and place of stay, I prefer products that are mattifying and keep oil in control for as long as possible. I love the Clinique Blended Face Powder. The shade Transparency 3 perfectly matches my complexion. I mostly use this over foundation. This powder is very finely milled and supple - so blends well and clings nicely to my skin without making my face look dull or cakey. It is weightless so even if you happen to apply more of this product you wont feel it. It is fragrance-free and allergy-tested so has not caused me any break-outs, which is very important for me. I use it over my foundation and it gives my face a neat and toned look. This is sheer powder that gives a matte finish. On a day when my skin is free of any breakouts, I just cleanse-moisturize-tone my face, concealor under eyes and buff 'n' blend this powder all over my face with a kabuki brush, some kaajal and gloss and I am all set.!! Depending on the weather I get around 3-6 hrs of oil control - i.e. 3-4 hrs on humid days and 5-6 hrs on non-humid days..!! After that I need a touch-up - for which I load some of it onto my retractable kabuki brush and use it for touch ups when out. I also use this loose powder over a tissue placed on my lips to set the lipstick..!! For the price you pay, you get 35 gms of the product which will last long. Of all cosmetic products, loose powders have a relatively higher shelf life, if kept under good conditions. I bought mine a year ago and still have more than 50% of the product left to use. A loose powder is a multi-purpose product and this Clinique product is one of the best loose powders available.

Until I found Laura Geller Balance and Brighten, this was the best powder I'd ever used and I have yet to find one that matches this in terms of quality plus value for money. It seems expensive but it lasts for months and I really like the brush which I still use for touch-ups. When my skin was clearer, I could get away with using this powder with just concealer and it matched my light olive complexion perfectly. But I need a little extra help now. I find it a little flat for my forties plus skin these days. But the main problem is lack of portability, but then you cannot have everything!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I was looking for a setting powder that doesn't sit on my fine lines, and is not shimmery. It controls the oil and lasts long. I was considering a more high end brand and unfortunately had to pick the cheapest among them. I'm happy I bought it, it does a good job.

This was very disappointing. The bigest con was how powdery I look with very little product. It sits on the skin after blending it out for 3 minutes. I try a makeup spray to settle the makeup, but it just looks awful. Don't even waste your money on this.

I am not happy with the performance of this powder. As other users have mentioned, it does tend to turn orange on my skin also. It does not absorb oil for any length of time. It does not have any kind of skin glowing properties to it and tends to make my skin look very matte and dull. I will not repurchase this powder.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this powder because my friend had recommended it. It is quite sheer and is good for setting any foundation. It also gives a matte look and keeps my face oil free for a couple of hours. Though it is expensive, you really do get good quantity.

Two things that I really hate about it are the brush and the packaging. The brush is absolutely rubbish, it is too small, the bristles aren't very soft and it sheds all over my clothes!!! And the shedding started right from the first usage.

The packaging too could be improved. You have to really take care not to tilt the box or turn it upside down otherwise when you open it, you get loads of powder all over your hands and clothes. And because of this very reason, you can't travel with it.

I don't think I would repurchase this coz I still have more than half the box left. And by the time it gets used up, I'm sure I will get bored with it and would want to buy something else.

This powder is a mainstay in my makeup case. A little concealer where needed, a little Clinique powder, and viola! Fast! I'm not sure about other people, but I can get away with this as my foundation. It is the ONLY product that can truly do an excellent job of evening out my uneven skintone. Gives a beautiful matte finish without looking artificial (but keep in mind, a little goes a long way).
I didn't give it a full 5 lippies because, as another reviewer said, the case does not travel easily (think: all the powder migrating from the bottom half into the top), and the lil' brush it comes with is rather shameful.
With that said, the pros outweigh the no-so-bad cons and I will repurchase this repeatedly! It's so satisfying to have a reliable product!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

nice powder, nice and light, but after all these years, isopropy myristatel, a known acne aggravator, is still part of the formula. when will clinique ever take that out? until they do, i will never use this.