October 21, 2014 | 1194 users online

Loose Powders - Clinique - Blended Face Powder in Transparency 3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 6:37:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Until I found Laura Geller Balance and Brighten, this was the best powder I'd ever used and I have yet to find one that matches this in terms of quality plus value for money. It seems expensive but it lasts for months and I really like the brush which I still use for touch-ups. When my skin was clearer, I could get away with using this powder with just concealer and it matched my light olive complexion perfectly. But I need a little extra help now. I find it a little flat for my forties plus skin these days. But the main problem is lack of portability, but then you cannot have everything!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 3:18:00 AM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a setting powder that doesn't sit on my fine lines, and is not shimmery. It controls the oil and lasts long. I was considering a more high end brand and unfortunately had to pick the cheapest among them. I'm happy I bought it, it does a good job.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by mailife4

This was very disappointing. The bigest con was how powdery I look with very little product. It sits on the skin after blending it out for 3 minutes. I try a makeup spray to settle the makeup, but it just looks awful. Don't even waste your money on this.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Briarmoor

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am not happy with the performance of this powder. As other users have mentioned, it does tend to turn orange on my skin also. It does not absorb oil for any length of time. It does not have any kind of skin glowing properties to it and tends to make my skin look very matte and dull. I will not repurchase this powder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by shopaholic14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought this powder because my friend had recommended it. It is quite sheer and is good for setting any foundation. It also gives a matte look and keeps my face oil free for a couple of hours. Though it is expensive, you really do get good quantity.

Two things that I really hate about it are the brush and the packaging. The brush is absolutely rubbish, it is too small, the bristles aren't very soft and it sheds all over my clothes!!! And the shedding started right from the first usage.

The packaging too could be improved. You have to really take care not to tilt the box or turn it upside down otherwise when you open it, you get loads of powder all over your hands and clothes. And because of this very reason, you can't travel with it.

I don't think I would repurchase this coz I still have more than half the box left. And by the time it gets used up, I'm sure I will get bored with it and would want to buy something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Omykiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This powder is a mainstay in my makeup case. A little concealer where needed, a little Clinique powder, and viola! Fast! I'm not sure about other people, but I can get away with this as my foundation. It is the ONLY product that can truly do an excellent job of evening out my uneven skintone. Gives a beautiful matte finish without looking artificial (but keep in mind, a little goes a long way).
I didn't give it a full 5 lippies because, as another reviewer said, the case does not travel easily (think: all the powder migrating from the bottom half into the top), and the lil' brush it comes with is rather shameful.
With that said, the pros outweigh the no-so-bad cons and I will repurchase this repeatedly! It's so satisfying to have a reliable product!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by ctrautmann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

nice powder, nice and light, but after all these years, isopropy myristatel, a known acne aggravator, is still part of the formula. when will clinique ever take that out? until they do, i will never use this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by greyishblue

Definitely my HG. It smoothly flatters any moisturizer I put on. It doesn't cause break out even over countless time I over slept with make up on. I have oily skin but this loose powder seems to find a way to subtle it. It is sold in big jar so at first glance of the price tag, u would think that it's pricey. But calculate the price over the content, u will be shocked by how this skin saviour is actually a steal.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2010 8:04:00 AM More reviews by poetsdream7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had this powder for ages now and there is still loads of product to go through. It is relatively inexpensive, considering the amount of product and the little that is needed. I use sparingly, with a large brush over foundation, or I risk that dreaded caked up, powdery look. I actually prefer my Physician's Formula pressed powder, which is more finely milled, and seems to hold up much better. But this powder is a standby in the summer, when my skin is more oily, and I don't have time to touch up throughout the day. This one is a classic,.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by EverEmily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've rocked this in 03 Tranny---dawn, dusk, and in between--since I first pinched a bit from an obliging loo's medcab. Talk about dinner party emergency: one cup of, so-called, "palm soup" sent my skin to a state of seriously over shiny SOS!
So I snooped; there it was; it saved the day!
I'm always sweeping to the bottom of this baby, and I'm pleased to report she can weather your occasional palm-soup-slick incidents about as well as your blending--matting you out without bogging you down. She's a soft one, too: leaving this skin all filled up and lightly luminous.
The 03 does my NC15 proud--corralling a touch of warmth where I want it; and she's yet to pen a tell-all when winter comes a'blazing for my chin.
All these years, and we're still good friends :)