December 18, 2014 | 1812 users online

Loose Powders - T. LeClerc - Loose Powder in Nacre

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2008 6:46:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I thought Camélia was the exact shade for my fair skin.... until I tried Nacré.
I like Nacré even better... it is a vary pale beige, so neutral that I think it will suit a huge array of skin tones (pale/white ones).
Super finely milled, it goes on smoothly, melts into the skin after some minutes, after application (do not be scared if -at first -you wonder if you are fainting, given the white apprearance of your face!).
No, it does not make you white, but melts w/ your skintone or foundation (my case).
Does not alter the foundation shade and prevents its oxidiziation.
Does not make your skin feeling "tight".
I am giving it 4 lippies instead of 5 just for one little point: it does not "hold up to the oilies": I mean, now w/ this hot steamy weather I need a super performing powder to that extent, with a good oil absorbtion on my T-zone.
T.Le Clerc was holding up just two hours, and then I needed to blot & re-apply.
The jar is beautifully old-sytilsh, but not practical at all: you drop a lot of product when opening, as there is no sifter (wish they made one) or other device a part a useless net.
Nevertheless it's a very good powder.
No shimmer, it's a classic one that gives you just that polished finish you need.
Price wise, it is more convenient than other powders : the container has a good 35 grams instead of the nowadays typical 20g or 25g (or even 15g of Mac and 16g of the new detestable Dior!!). So you get a ton for the price you pay.
Definitely a buy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2007 4:06:00 PM More reviews by zhenya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: I don't know what I was thinking when I originally rated this with 4 lippies -- now I'm reducing to a 2, which is still probably generous for this overrated powder. I managed to use this for several months and still have tons left, but never will it touch my face again! T. LeClerc looks unnatural and chalky compared to Chanel's loose powder. Even worse, the formulation is terrible for acne-prone skin -- it contains rice starch, which might be good for oil control, but also feeds bacteria. Ewwww. ORIGINAL REVIEW: I'm taking off a full lippie for the vexatious packaging. This comes in a small tin that's sealed with a ribbon glued around the lid. Peel off the ribbon and you're left with sticky residue on the tin. Even though I opened the tin very gingerly, a flurry of powder spilled out, and the stupid sifter (a little circle of mesh that's apparently supposed to sit on top of your powder) was closer to the bottom of the tin than the top. As for the powder itself, it's great! I debated between the Camelia, Translucide, and Nacre, and I'm glad I got Nacre. It suits my winter skin perfectly, but might be a tad bit light when I get more tan in the summer. (For reference I'm about NC15-20.) The picture on eluxury.com shows this as a ghostly shade of almost white, but it's perfectly suitable for a normal fair complexion. But I'm not convinced that I like it better than the Chanel loose powder I've been using, and they're about the same price. And although T.LeClerc is 1.2oz and Chanel is just 1oz, I imagine I'm going to waste a lot of product if I don't figure out where I'm going to transfer the rest of this stuff.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2006 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Crescent_Shadow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I usually use MUFE Super Matte Loose Powder, but they cut their size into 10gr, making it very expensive since their previous canister contains 28gr powder! I bought this in France which is 25% cheaper than if I bought it in Indonesia. I opened the packaging with great care after I saw all the reviews here, but surprisingly I got no problem. Yes there's a very little powder spilled, that's about it. I apply the powder using Shu Uemura mini loose powder puff (my favorite!) and completely satisfied with the packaging, but I admit that it's a bad idea to travel with the tin. Now, the quality of the powder itself. Ladies who feel that TLC powder is finely milled need to try other high end brands such as MUFE or Shu Uemura. TLC is gritty! But luckily, the smoothness of the application is almost comparable to my previous MUFE. The mattifying action is comparable too, and the best part is, I feel this powder gives me a bit of coverage! I used to be a foundation girl, but now I just use tinted moisturizer and a little dust of this on top. Good powder indeed, but I've ordered NARS Loose Powder in Snow after seeing all the great reviews. I'll compare both of this later. BTW, I'm NC15-20 and Nacre work fine on me. People with very pale skin might want get Blanche, not Nacre. And for the last note: this is kinda drying. Better for people with at least normal skin. I'm dry-combination and this often make my skin flake or balls up when my skin is particularly dry. EDIT: cut a lippie off. This oxidize, while NARS loose powder does not. EDIT: Dropped some more lippies. I absolutely hate this powder now after I changed my sunblock into a greasy Euro sunblock. TLC goes on clumpy, cakey, and can't absorb the oil, making my puffs and brushes all wet, and my face a super messy arena! MUFE and NARS powder doesn't experience that much difficulty, not even my cheap Korean brand powder. Totally not worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2006 11:35:00 AM More reviews by s_o_n_i_a

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hmmm. I have this in NACRE and it still ISN'T PALE ENOUGH for my PPP skin. It applies very yellow - and I wear it alone. It does have enough coverage to wear alone I'll give it that, but it is very dehydrating on my dry dry skin if I wear it more than one day in a row. The packaging is unuseable so I immediately poured the contents into an old Versace Loose Powder container. But most importantly, even thou this product only has 3 ingredients, it still broke me out. GAH! I can't remember whether the offending ingredient was rice or corn starch, but they both perform the same evil of feeding the natural bacteria already on the skin, making my skin breakout like crazy, even on my neck! Also the rice / corn starch is a mattifier which is why it was so dehyrating.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2006 5:22:00 AM More reviews by simplicity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Isn't the most finely milled loose powder when compared to Cle de Peau, Make Up For Ever, Stephane Marais, Shu Uemura, Laura Mercier, Nars loose powder. It even feels a touch gritty between your fingers

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2005 10:19:00 AM More reviews by MerelyGod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't compare this to anything, as I have never really used loose powder before, but I can say I like this one so much I don't think I'll ever feel the need to try anything else in its place. After much agonizing over the colors (I had to order online, sight unseesn), I settled on Nacre, which is just perfect on my pale slightly warmish skin. This gives a flawless finish over most of my face, but does cake a bit under my eyes. I don't mind the scent or the packaging. The scent reminds me of an old fashioned cosmetic smell and the tin is TOO cute. I don't travel with mine and I've never had any problems with it spilling out or the sifter sinking in.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2005 9:34:00 PM More reviews by anita_177

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a beautifully fine, natural looking powder. It's not cakey or chalky at all, and feels very soft and velvety on the skin. As far as controlling oil goes, I couldn't comment as my skin is normal/dry, but I can say that it doesn't accentuate any of my dry patches. I don't mind the packaging as I just keep it on my vanity, but it would definately be worthwhile getting the voyage tin if you plan on travelling with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2004 9:52:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my holy grail powders for fall/winter. I have fair skin with yellow undertones. The color of this powder appears to be mostly translucent as I apply this but there is something in this color that brightens my face and makes my face sort of glow. It's hard to explain but it gives me an etheral look that I don't get from any other powder. I love the container that comes with T LeClerc loose powders - it's not convenient for use ( it has a really silly and useless sifter and is very easy to spill) so I always move some of the powder into one of my clear sifter jars but I like having this container on my dressing table. It's very old fashioned but classy looking. If you are fair skinned I would highly recommend that you give this loose powder a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2004 5:08:00 PM More reviews by luciannah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So gorgeous! I wanted that beautiful pearly white complexion, and achieved it with this. As with all T. LeClerc powders, this made my skin look so smooth and flawless. Expensive, but will repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2004 3:12:00 PM More reviews by bethra2000

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A beautiful bright light beige with a little peach undertone. Don't let the color of the powder in the container scare you! It is beautiful and natural looking on. It really brightens up my fair skin. No breakouts or irritations.