August 1, 2014 | 1563 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Chanel - Precision Ultra Correction Eye Anti-wrinkle restructuring eye cream

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2011 5:08:00 AM More reviews by bluemymind99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another day, another eye cream that doesn't work. Sigh. I gave up buying eye creams long ago, but I'm forever getting free samples of them. To Chanel's credit, this particular eye cream (which I used faithfully twice a day until my sample tube ran out) felt like a nice treat for my under-eye area, very moisturizing and soothing. But it did not outperform any of my general facial moisturizers, and it certainly didn't alleviate my under-eye circles. The fact that the full-size product comes in a jar just makes it more of a joke. Jar packaging is neither stable nor hygienic, so after a bit you'll just be rubbing a very expensive bacteria breeding ground around your eyes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Katie75007

I normally love Chanel, but I was disappointed in this particular treatment. First, I'm 30 -- I don't have crow's feet or wrinkles, but I do have very dry skin in my eye area -- the lids can look crepey, and the skin underneath gets dry very easily. To prevent lines from forming, I like to use very nourishing, hydrating creams on my eyes -- and this one just fell short. It did not hydrate the skin at all, either immediately or over time. It absorbed completely, leaving no residue, but the skin looked no different before and after application. I would not buy it again, because I have used creams that have hydrated more effectively while costing much less. I fully agree with the previous reviewer in that this is an average to below average eye cream (at least for me!) that does not merit the cost. The search continues!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by redkitten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I dont have many things to say about this eye cream,i've got it on Chanel's lady recomandation.I like it more the texture then the jar package.First week everything was great,i was close to say i found my HG eye cream and then..after i use it in day time,in less then one hours, i saw red spots and few hours later i had some burning felling and i noticed, i had under my eyes huge red circles and all the area was swollen and paintfull.
It took 3long terrible days to heal,after this eye cream burn my under eyes skin.
Never before this happend with other eye creams,maybe few tinny spots ,but not so worse like this time.
I see here this eye cream have good reviews,maybe is working for other people,but definetly this is not for me.
1lipie only becouse i can't give zero with minus like i want.
Really bad product!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 12:22:00 AM More reviews by GabrielleCoCo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was using Clarins Super Restorative Eye Zone Concentrate before this. A bit of a bio: I am in my thirties with pretty oily skin even on the lids. Under the recommendation of the SA, this cream targets my concerns of firming and anti wrinkle effects.

This item is fragrance free and upon opening the glass pot (much prefer a pump but dUh...) the cream has pearly looking particles in it to reflect light and give the effect of a brighter and more radiant looking eye area after application. So far I love the texture of this cream, light weight and fast to absorb into the skin. I just dab in my ring finger to coat the surface thinly, spread between the 2 ring fingers and massage in wide circular motions following the contours of the eyes.

The eye area feels moisturized and comfortable. I will continue to monitor to see the results on the fine lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2009 10:27:00 AM More reviews by kateh50

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is most definitely a product for women over 40. I used much lighter eye creams when I was 25. Every time I have to replace a jar, I come to Make-up Alley trying to find good reviews from women my age for something cheaper to replace this cream, but I have never found anything else that works as well. It doesn't sting, it absorbs quickly and it makes my eyes look fresher and less wrinkled. I am 59 years old and usually hear that I look about 15 years younger than that. It's part genetics and drinking lots of water, but this eye cream helps. I have ocular rosacea and this product does not aggravate my eyes. As for cream in a jar, I wash my hands first. Simple hygiene does the trick. It's been my favorite for ten years at least.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2009 3:56:00 PM More reviews by dededa80

I LOVE this eye cream. I tried a few other eye creams and just doesn't seem to see any results and for some strange reason, it bothers my eye. When I tried this eye cream, I saw results and it was wonderful. I feel like the tireness/lines around my eyes are less visable, and the area around my eyes are more supple. This product goes on so smoothly and it doesn't sting my eye. I love this product and will never be without it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2009 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

This is one of the better eye creams for ladies in my opinion. It is so rich, thick, and creamy. It has made a huge difference in the lines, and wrinkles around my eyes. I use it under my eyes, and on the top of the brow area, and sometimes when I feel I really need it, I apply a very thin amount on my lids themselves. It never burns my eyes, and it really makes them feel so much better when I am tired and dried out from all day with makeup on. As with the other Chanel products, this one smells really nice. I think the trick to the Chanel moisture products is to make sure you select the appropriate cream for your own specific needs, regardless of your age. I have read a lot of reviews about the Chanel creams and I see so many younger women trying to use a cream that is designed for older skin types. Notice I said types. You do not have to as old as I am to have the same types of skin problems. There are so many factors that we all must consider when we select the proper creams, Sun, wind, salt spray, dust, pollen, grime, etc. Consider your environment, and your working conditions, not to mention the obvious things like, smoking, drinking, drugs, tanning booths, etc. All of these things determine which treatment creams we should use at any particular time in our lives. As our environments and conditions change so will our unique needs for our skin treatments.
UpDate:
I still love this eye cream, although after using it for several months now, I have found I cannot use it on a nightly basis. I thought if I used it every night......well you know, maybe my wrinkles would lessen. Not so! I have to use it only a couple of times a week. It is so rich, that every night use is just too much for my skin. So to me this is not a product that is meant to be used on a daily basis by me.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2008 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Kayabea

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was using another eyecream Relastin that was reviewed very highly by Allure Magazine as the best eyecream, but it dried out and burned my under eye area. I used Ultra Correction for three days and it healed my eyes, plus they have been looking fantastic. This is an eye cream for mature skin, where the skin around the eye area is thinner. It has made my lines diminish and my eyes look soft. I bought mine brand new on E-Bay for $33.00. A deal can be had. However, if need be, I would pay full price for it on my next purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2008 9:19:00 PM More reviews by shoporamamama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the Ultra Correction! I had tried the other Precision eye cream and was disappointed in the lack of hydration. When I ran out of that one I switched over to this one and I'm so glad I did. A little bit of this goes a long way and hydrates like a charm. Thankfully I don't have puffiness or dark circles (at least not yet!) so I can't speak to how this would address those but it's great for adding moisture. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2008 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Brunettegirl

UPDATE:I can only use at night. This is too emollient for day time use, even though I am drier around my eyes, it leaves a greasy cast under my makeup..... Did not change my lippie rating though. ...still 3. (all my previous commenst still apply though)
I agree with Chanel277 below me. This is excellent at hydrating but probably not much more beyond that. I wish the cream was in a pump, as this keeps the anti oxidants stable, and more sanitary, (hence three lippies). I would most likely buy this though when my samples are out, as I am very dehydrated around my eyes and this seems to be helping with those issues. This cream certainly is emollient and can take care of my moisturizing needs pretty well but I would still prefer a moisturizer with more anti-oxidant/skin beneficial ingredients, therefore I am still seraching for a good all- in- one. I am also experimenting with MD skincare by Dennis Grossman, (continuous eye hydration)...Debating which one is giving better results. Will update as time progresses.