July 28, 2014 | 1826 users online

Powder - Stila - Illuminating Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by hannahn631

I bought a refill of this powder on sale and am so glad I did! Very silky texture and light to medium coverage. Covers small blemishes and uneven skin tone nicely and I sometimes use it over liquid foundation for fuller coverage

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by soulsucker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm currently using Bobbi Brown long wear even finish compact foundation, the new version of the oil free that was discontinued but damn it was bloody expensive and the new version was sooo natural that i didnt see any difference when i put it on.Then a fren recommended this, and why not give it a try.
The powder matched my skintone watts #60, C4. it was beautiful when i put it on, very natural...second to bobbi brown but it oxisidized after 1hour!! It turn slightly orange...
I think i stick to BB... skintone match, doesnt oxidise & make me look so natural...not made up. This powder is best for dry or normal skin. otherwise its good.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

I really wanted to like this powder because it gives beautiful finish and that glowy look that i want.....i agree with most of you of this being just a pressed powder with light/ medium coverage which i was looking for......but then after an hour or two my face became very dehydrated with it..........i think maybe it's the corn starch that sucks up every bit of oil on my face.........not sure but it doesn't work out for me.......

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this on sale for under $4.00, so it's not such a loss. I'm not buying this as a powder foundation. Setting powder, yes. Blotting powder, maybe. Foundation powder? No. I used it wet, dry, damp. Kabuki brush, wedge sponge, foundation brush. The coverage is just not there. This is a hard powder. It cannot stand up to MAC's Studio Fix.

I don't own very many Stila products, but imo these are products that are made for a specific age group, maybe 15-24. This market keeps getting younger and younger and their products truly reflect this. I'm middle aged which means I need a foundation that at the very least delivers the illumination it claims to contain. There is nothing illuminating about this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 1:46:00 AM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder was too sheer for my liking. I was looking for something that could be work by itself or over foundation. It was just wayyy to sheer to wear by itself. It is "luminous" though instead of being super matte which I did like a lot. Also, I really hate how I had to buy it in the plastic packaging. Not cute. Overall it's not that bad, just not what I was looking for. The finish is really pretty and has a slight sheen to it (nothing obvious..just kind of glowy). I have found my HG powder though..it's Fresh Face Luster. Sort of like the amped up version of Stila's illuminating powder. I would recommend the Fresh powder of the Stila's

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by missmelsie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this powder to set my liquid foundation and to touch up throughout the day. For this purpose, it's amazing. I love the finish, it's definitely the best powder I've used!

In terms of using it as a foundation, it's far too sheer and doesn't stay on bare skin at all. Only occasionally have I managed to apply enough to even me out and keep me looking natural but "better", but it doesn't last long and wears off very quickly. Even using the sponge doesn't really help.

I haven't bothered to purchase the compact, as the plastic case does the job and it doesn't seem worth the money!

I'll continue to use it, as it works well on top of my NARS Sheer Glow and MAC Pro Longwear Foundation (I use 70 Watt and it works perfectly for NARS Sheer Glow Syracuse and MAC Pro Longwear NC42), but I'm still on the hunt for a good powder foundation to wear on its own.

4 lippies for the beautiful, soft finish I get. I just wish it lasted longer on my face!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by bohodo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have purchased this powder over and over. I use it in Shade 30 even though I'm usually the lightest color in everything. This is probably the best powder I've ever used. I use a big fluffy brush with it and use it as a setting powder in the winter AND summer. I love that it has SPF. It looks natural and it doesn't make me look cakey. I have oily/combo skin in the summer and dry/combo skin in the winter. It never dries me out. Honestly, I think it adds a nice glow to my look while keeping me dry. I've already gone through 3 of these and I'm about to buy my 4th! It's the perfect setting powder for me.

Overall, I would say you would like this powder if you want a nice setting powder with a glow to it and it brightens up the color on your face (not lightens, I said brightens.) It looks natural, doesn't dry me out, keeps me pretty matte. It doesn't oxidize, it has SPF for your skin, it doesn't cake or settle into any lines. I'll keep coming back to this. (PS- I hate that you have to buy the case for it separately and I keep avoiding buying it. I might eventually purchase it though if I am going to keep buying this powder.)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by cowgirldownunder

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Absolute garbage. Like many other reviews here the tester pan was awesome, soft, smooth and blendable. But the one I received is dry and very difficult to blend and get decent coverage both wet and dry with both sponge and brush. My sensitive skin is red and irritated after trying to apply it and as the coverage is dismal the result is blah. Definite waste of money....shame on you Stila.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by ethnicdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for 3 months now and it has not once broken me out. Please note I have combination/oily t-zone type skin and am sensitive to certain ingredients on foundations therefore I break out in lots of small flesh coloured bumps on my forehead mainly if I choose the wrong foundation. Mainly Mac products have done this to me so I am hesitant in trying new. This powder foundation I bought because I wanted a heavier coverage powder over my Bobbi Brown Natural Skin Finish foundation which is quite a light coverage. The result is beautiful flawless finish. The texture of the pressed powder is crazy smooth and does not sink into pores or fine lines and keep in mind I apply this with a sponge for the ultimate in flawless coverage yet it does not look the slightest bit cakey. It's an amazing product, I am very happy with my purchase and would gladly buy again.

The biggest CON about this is the price. I bought mine at Mecca Cosmetica (Australia) powder and case together was $95 AUD. That is ridiculous considering it's the same amount you get with other powder foundations. Since they sell the case and the powder separately I was charged $20AUD just for the case....That price would put anyone off!

But other than that, I'm satisfied :) (I bought 75 Watts btw)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I’ve never been a big pressed-powder or powder-foundation user, but I actually hit pan on this, which really must be saying something! I lucked out and got this in a ‘mystery bag’ of Stila products; little did I know it would become one of my ‘staples’. The shade number has rubbed off the bottom of my compact, but I’m guessing its probably 20 Watts (it’s a pretty light shade) and it’s an excellent match for my fair skin. The texture of this is almost like a creamy powder, if that makes sense (not too dry). It seems to blend in with my skin’s natural texture, instead of sitting on top of my skin. I love the versatility of this product. I can apply with the included sponge for fuller coverage. I can apply with my finger or a concealer brush for spot-coverage. But most often I apply with a big fluffy brush all over (after my usual TM or liquid foundation) to ‘finish’ my look. This keeps my skin looking fresh for a good 8-10 hours. I might touch it up late in the afternoon, if I notice any ‘shiny’ spots (my skin is pretty normal, though). For an ‘illuminating’ product, I don’t notice any shimmer in this, which is good (I don’t like all over shimmer, anyways). It just makes my skin look fresh and my makeup look polished. This is the only face powder I’ve ever hit pan on, and I just purchased a backup (on eBay, I didn’t pay full price).