October 24, 2014 | 1608 users online

Eye Shadow - Ben Nye - Lumiere Grande Colour in Cosmic Blue

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Caligallola

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My first Ben Nye and I am lovin it. Highly pigmented, Nice bold blue. Definately not for everyone but, if you like bold bright colors then you'll love this. The pot is a generous size, will last a long time. I just have to figure out what else to pair it with. Lovely color with lasting power.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2008 5:02:00 PM More reviews by thejadedstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Cosmic Blue is the first Ben Nye eyeshadow that I've had the pleasure of trying, and I cannot wait to try out all of the rest of them. I don't really have much to add, except that I swatched Cosmic Blue next to MAC Blue Pigment, Freshwater, and Jewel Blue, and out of all of them, Cosmic Blue is the closest to Jewel Blue -- like it's shimmery brother. I have the swatches in my profile.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2008 4:15:00 PM More reviews by BuffyDaLipGlossEater

If you own MAC's Blue pigment, then you'll probably find that this is similar, although Cosmic Blue is superior to MAC's version in texture, as there's not as much fallout either.
The best description I can give of this color is that it's a very bright primary blue (I really don't see any green in it) that has shimmer (as all Lumieres do), but it's not as pearly as MAC's version which can be a plus depending on how you look at it.
I agree with the reviewers Ghoulina and Whammy that if you're someone who can't fathom the thought of using this as a full-on eyeshadow, then might find better use for this as a vivid blue eyeliner that would be nice paired with a neutral eye.
In closing I say that this is a blue that should not be passed up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2006 7:12:00 PM More reviews by asphyxiad0ll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this shadow. As everyone else has said, it's a bright, darkish blue with a slight shimmer that really makes your eyes POP. The texture is so soft and silky, and it goes on smoothly with ease. It is a bit difficult to blend, but other than that I've got no problems with it. I also love that for such a small price, not only do you get quality but a TON of product. This will definitely be in my kit for quite awhile, and not from lack of use. I also adore the packaging - the rubber seal around the container makes it great for travel - you can knock it around a good bit and not have to worry about it cracking or breaking.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2006 10:29:00 PM More reviews by effboysinthebutt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This blue is nice, not my favorite, but still nice. At 8.00 you can't lose.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2006 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Ghoulina

My most favourite bright blue eyeshadow of all time. There's no way NOT to get noticed when you're wearing this. It's super pigmented and applies very vibrantly. I also like to use it wet as an eyeliner for a more subtle pop of color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2005 1:27:00 AM More reviews by sparklesprinkler

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

GORGEOUS "in your face" BLUE. Similar to MAC's Parrot e/s in the brightness level. But, ALL BLUE. No green. This and the "Turquoise" one are my favorite so far! I can't wait to buy more of these insanely gorgeous beauties!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2005 11:39:00 AM More reviews by supko

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Cosmic Blue is a hot bright medium blue -- the sheen-y/metallic version of Milani's Atlantis. I'd also compare it to MAC Blue pigment (disc'd! sob!) or Freshwater e/s. It's the tiniest bit more on the green side than MAC Blue pigment, but the color intensity is just as strong.
The texture of the Grande Lumieres are to die for, dahling. Cosmic Blue looks great with Sun Yellow; I'm sure it would look great with other purples, green, and golds in this line. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2004 8:35:00 PM More reviews by evisceria78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This shadow is the absolute best. It is highly pigmented and has great staying power. The color is a bright BLUE! that has a sheen (as all the lumiere's do)This color is not for the faint of heart. I will totally but this again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2004 3:38:00 AM More reviews by Whammy

WOW!!! This is NOT a shy blue. Absolutely GORGEOUS medium to deep
slightly frosty blue, bright but
VERY sexy and vivid. If used in daytime watch out! Unless you're into color, mix with more neutral, use as liner, etc. I actually wore it today with neutral lips and it looked awesome, I applied lightly with a brush. For evening, VA VA VOOM! My b/f LOVES the color. Excellent texture, sturdy plastic with rubber coated container. Only negative, large pot...it will last awhile though! Can't wait to try more Ben Nye.