Maybelline Fruity Jelly Lip Gloss - Guava Splash

on 5/20/2010 10:53:00 AM

i have these in 3 differnt flavers which r guava splash, grape slash, and berry splash and i love them all. they smell great have a tint of color and leave my lips feeling smooth. the only thing is on they when dont last long because im not sure why. but they r great!!

I actually bought this in Taiwan, cause I guess they were available in the US before the shinylicious line came out?
Well, they're still available in Taiwan, because I guess the shinylicious line isn't sold there.
And I'm glad. I don't even know why Maybelline would DC this in the U.S., what a bad decision on their part.

Fruity Jelly (Guava Splash)- smells really fruity, sheer, smooth, not sticky or tacky, UNSPONGY slant tipped plastic applicator. I love this lip gloss, it's the perfect almost clear gloss and smells delicious to me.

Shinylicious- sponge tipped applicators suck and one of the four that I bought smell awful. Also, it is tackier/stickier. Read my individual reviews on these.

on 8/19/2004 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Okay well I actually have this in Strawberry Spritz, but I can't create my own new reviews until I post 12 more reviews :(. Anyway, I got this for my birthday and really liked the smell. But I don't like it too much anymore, because it's more like a sticky lip balm, there's not really any shine. I just love the smell and it feels good, but if I created this product I would call it a lip balm. Overall I wouldn't buy it again, not to mention the fact that I couldn't buy it again because I don't buy cosmetics that are tested on animals and Maybelline tests on animals. The applicator would be sooo much better if it were slanted, but it's a good deal for how much it costs ($6) in my opinion. Anyway, doesn't last long and not much shine, plus it's tested on animals :( I still use it though, can't let it go to waste.

on 6/28/2004 12:39:00 PM

I don't understand why the other reviewer didn't like this. The color is a subtle pink with lots of shimmer. The formula seems to last pretty long, albeit for a lip gloss, but not as long as L'Oreal's Colour Juice. I like the L'Oreal color selection better than this, but overall this is a pretty good lipgloss. I like the fact that the tube is sanitary, no fingers or messy application.

on 6/18/2004 3:06:00 AM

One of my novelty buys this summer. I think this would be nice for the middle school girls I counsel at work but isn't really age-appropriate for me. The Fruity Jellies are basically clear glosses w/ sparse multi-colored glitter. Guava Splash looks a coral-pink color in the tube but goes on clear with a hint of warm pink. A nice choice on those muggy days when l/s just seems like a pain. The scent is kinda nasty - reminds me of strawberry scented plastic but it fades pretty quickly. I usually end up using this on top of coral lipsticks to give them a bit of shine. I'm not a big fan of the packaging either: the round-tip means you either have to apply directly onto your lips (not a v. accurate method) or squirt some on your finger (which I think is kind of gross). I doubt I would buy this again after the summer but good choice if you're looking for a clear or slightly tinted gloss.

Popular Lip Glosses