August 22, 2014 | 1627 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - L'Oreal Professionnel Shine Blonde Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Lindsey2552

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very light single-processed blonde hair, with a lot of natural gold in it. My hair dresser used this shampoo on me when I was getting a cut and I noticed a difference on that one use alone! I immediately purchased it (although it hurt the wallet - buy the large bottle it makes a lot more sense $ wise), I am addicted. It makes my hair feel clean, soft and healthy, but more importantly it gets rid of the brassiness!
It smells nice and fresh as well - a lot of purple shampoos have a unpleasant scent to them for some unknown reason.
The only down side is the price, but you get what you pay for.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by jessifairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I still use this product occasionally when my blonde foils are looking a little brassy, however i find that the salycilic acid in it makes my scalp tingle when its on & i begin to get dandruff for a couple days after using it. The problem i find with this too is you need to leave it on for a few minutes for it to work properly and the tingling on my scalp isnt really pleasant so end up washing it off early! Quite pointless really :(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 1:20:00 PM More reviews by tinybucket

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this shampoo based on the raving reviews it received.

I've tried it a couple of times so I think it's fair to review it. It is really pigmented, a dark purple color, it smells pleasant I think and it has a rich, creamy consistency that foams.

It is not only a blonde shampoo but also a repair shampoo, meaning it is very nourishing as well. It does not do squeegee clean but it makes my hair feel clean and well strengthened. It also adds shine and brings out the blond in my hair.

I do think it is pricey but I'm willing to spend a little extra on a product that I like. I definitely love this as it is exactly what my hair needs. Will repurchase if I find it somewhere for a reasonable price (after going through several webshops a found one that was fairly ok, I think 7 euros for the 250 ml bottle, the bigger one was better value but I wanted to test it first).

On the package it stays it should be used with gloves as it may stain, I don't think that is necessary.

EDIT: I should add that I use this shampoo in an area with terribly hard water. I recently used it in an area with soft water and I didn't like it so much, it felt a little too rich and heavy. But with hard water it is great, it really nourishes and I don't even use conditioner anymore, just a hairmask every once in a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by ohtigerlily

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

i used this shampoo in hopes that my hair will become lighter in color, since i'm not willing to fork out any money for hair dye. well, my hair color stayed pretty much the same.

but my hair did feel smoother a few DAYS after using this product. it smells quite good, so i wouldn't mind using this as a shampoo now and then.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2010 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Arbuz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't like violet shampoos, but Shine Blond made my blond clean/yellow free without making it grey or violet. Very gentle shampoo. Got many compliments every time I used it. Like it much more than Joico, Matrix and Phyto.
I had a 500 ml bottle with pump and liked it a lot. Gonna buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2010 1:06:00 PM More reviews by ShezStar

I love this product. Since I had a bleach bath on my hair, my highlights need to be taken extra care of to avoid turning ginger.
This is the best professional product I have used for my hair so far. It's the first item I have purchased from a salon too. After having full head highlights I decided that I should invest in something slightly stronger than supermarket products.

Pro's:
Beautiful packaging
Does not have a strong smell
Does not dry my hair out provided I use a treatment afterwards.
Makes the blonde appear less orange and brighter.
It looks like it's only just been done and if left on for more than a minute it works like an actual salon toner.

Con's:
Not much in the product - not too great when you have really long hair but it isn't a massive issue.
Price is pretty stupid but it IS a salon product.

One thing, you don't notice the orange/brassiness fade till your hair dries.
It's not a long term solution, salon toning is still essential for those who went from very dark to light like me.

Overall a good investment :D

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2009 5:30:00 AM More reviews by warhol

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hair type: Chemically processed, medium in texture, dry/damaged, straight and long.

I was using this shampoo along with the matching conditioner for basically the entire time I've been blonde. I hadn't come across anything better until I discovered the Joico Colour Endure Violet line.

The thing that bothered me the most about this shampoo is the packaging. It cost me roughly $25 (AUD) for a 250mL bottle that only lasted a very short period of time. I did end up buying the 500mL bottle with the pump top so if you're an avid user of this, I suggest hunting down the larger bottle obviously because it lasts much longer and the packaging is a lot less, well, crappy.

The product is a rich, dark purple colour with a thick gel-like consistency and to my nose it has a natural, herb-like scent that reminds me of grass but it isn't overpowering or unpleasant. It's just a fresh, clean scent that doesn't linger.

Although L'Oreal Shine Blonde Shampoo did remove any unwanted brassy tones, my hair became increasingly dry after each use. I feel as if that wouldn't have been an issue had the matching conditioner been more moisturizing but the results weren't the same if I used a separate conditioner.

There are a lot of toning shampoos around, this isn't the best of the best but it definitely isn't the worst.

Update: The new L'Oreal Silver Shampoo trumps this toning shampoo. I prefer it over Joico Colour Endure Violet as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2009 6:50:00 PM More reviews by lovedrop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

was told that this would help make my blonde hair look less brassy... but it didn't work at all! plus it dries my hair out like crazy. waste of money in my opinion

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2009 9:16:00 AM More reviews by EmeraldHunter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This line is fig-scented, in line with its purple color..can't believe nobody mentioned that. I find it very refreshing and clever.

I have naturally pearl blonde hair.

I haven't noticed (I'm through half a bottle, maybe I need more time?) a difference in making my hair lighter, but it does look a bit brighter and gives it a clean silverish shine. My hair is really not that yellow to begin with though, but it did get darker when I moved to a sun-deprived city.

I find this line way less moisturizing than my usual L'oreal Expert Intense Repair, so I still use my Intense Repair masque. And will probably alternate with the Repair shampoo once I finish this bottle. That said, it doesn't leave my hair "crunchy" but definitely not as healthy-looking if I don't use the masque.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2008 6:34:00 AM More reviews by fiunit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I abhor this shampoo. It smells funny, it made my hair crunchy, it stripped it of the little moisture it had. I will never buy it again. The only reason I didn't give it a 1 was that it didn't do a BAD job of toning my very light blonde hair.. It didn't do a good job either, though. I switched to Joico and never looked back. The Joico smells a billion times nicer, doesn't strip my hair dry, and every time I use it I get compliments on how nice and blonde my hair looks. I never got that with the L'Oreal. Don't waste your money on it. Joico is slightly cheaper from memory?