Joico Silk Result Shampoo for Thick/Coarse Hair

3.2

on 9/30/2013 6:28:00 AM

I had used Joico in the past and I'd seen positive results for my hair. Well after purchasing this product again recently, the formula must have changed. I've washed my hair with it three times and after each wash my hair was left weighed down, oily and stringy in appearance and feel. Absolutely horrible!
Don't buy this product. It's expensive and worse than cheap supermarket brands.

on 5/3/2013 9:20:00 AM

I used to LOVE this product having thick course hair it left it smooth .. Then the re packaged and re formulated it. After washing my hair with it and blow drying as per usual my hair was left oily heavy and stringy . I used it twice to make sure . It's now in the bin it's a complete different formula to the previous one. Very disappointing don't waste your time

on 8/13/2010 9:38:00 PM

This is the WORST shampoo I have ever used! I actually had to wash it again immediately after using this shampoo...it smells horrible & weighs it down. I have dry/highlighted hair and this only made it more dry and tangled. I think I am going to stick with Matrix Sleek Look or the Biolage Line..Returning this tomorrow!

on 3/19/2010 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I used 2 litres of both the shampoo and conditioner because the hairdresser told me I have to try it for a longer period of time to see the difference. Well, the only real difference I saw was loss of money.

Yes, it made my hair somewhat straighter and softer (not sure, perhaps it was due to using Matrix Biolage Soothing Shine Milk at the same time), but nothing exceptional. I also developed some serious scalp issues (itching and some dandruff) that miraculously stopped the day is switched to using other products.

Definitely will not purchase again. I have had better experience with even supercheap drugstore products.

on 1/27/2010 11:34:00 PM

I used to LOVE joico products. My favourite was the thermal smoother, but they must have done something to the formula because now theyre horrible (they do smell nice though). All the products for thick/coarse hair seem to have gels in them which make my hair feel like wire. The texture and feel of my hair is the same after using this product, but it made it harder to manage. If you have thick or coarse hair steer away from this product.

on 5/24/2009 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought the shampoo and conditioner set to use on my damaged chemically-relaxed and colored hair. After using this product for over a month, my hair is not exactly silky, but it is softer. Also, I have noticed that my ends are less frizzy, I am planning to switch back to Joico's Reconstructor shampoo once this bottle is empty.

on 5/16/2009 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This shampoo made my hair very smooth and sleek as well as moisturized it. I got it with the conditioner and it really helped my hair in terms of smoothness and manageability esp because my hair was chemically processed.

on 3/30/2009 1:18:00 AM

This is a very good shampoo. Lived up to its claims. My hair is super straight, smooth and shiny after using it w/ its matching conditioner. When you use the shampoo and rinse it leaves your hair so tangle free like if had used a conditioner. Even after I went to bed with my hair slightly damp it was still smooth when I woke up, this never ever happens. Also, the next day after I had washed my hair and slept on it again it was still straight and smooth- the 2nd night of sleeping on my hair I always wake up with slight frizz and a funky wave, but not after using the silk result duo. great duo :)

on 7/4/2008 1:54:00 AM

I agree pretty much with what everyone else here has said. This product is nothing special and certainly does nothing for my thick curly frizz prone hair. I only gave this product a try as they had a pack out on sale. I won't buy this again and probably won't even use the product up.

on 6/18/2008 2:18:00 PM

I have thick and coarse hair but this product does nothing special, under average and to expensive. Never buy this product again.