August 21, 2014 | 1942 users online

Shampoo - Paul Mitchell - Cleanse- Tea Tree Special Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Liz1129

I love this shampoo and conditioner for my problematic dandruff and it always makes my scalp tingle in a good way.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by janicemanu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Maybe it just me, but this make my scalp itch, even an hour after i wash it. It makes my dandruff worst than before. And dry hair :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2014 7:05:00 AM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

A nice shampoo that's great for problematic scalps. I only apply this to my scalp to prevent it from drying my hair out. It leaves my scalp and hair well cleaned and itch- free. It has a nice, light tea tree scent to it that does not linger. I've used this in the past but had a hard time finding it so I'm pleased it's readily available online now. It's just as good as it was five years ago. I'm not sure if the ingredients have changed but the packaging is much different. I would not recommend using this as a daily shampoo. Weekly or twice monthly use would be best as I believe this is a clarifying shampoo. Follow up with a good conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Ravenn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this shampoo! It makes my scalp feel tingly and takes away any itchiness! Only thing is that it strips moisture from my hair. But it's nothing that can't be fixed with a really great conditioner -- which is why I do NOT use the Paul Mitchell Tea Tree conditioner. Something much more intensive is required. And besides...I like using a yummy smelling conditioner, since this shampoo kinda smells like men's shampoo. ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by dawnraines

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This isn't a horrible product overall, but I expected a lot more for the money I paid. It left my hair feeling stripped and dry, even though I used the matching conditioner. My hair is frizzy, a problem I don't usually have. I don't reccomend it for sensitive skin because it felt irritating. I'm not sure if this is related, but when I used this shampoo, about twice as much hair fell out/broke off compared to when I use my regular products. The biggest problem I have with it is the smell. It's absolutely disgusting. It smells like Vicks and peppermint extract with the overall astringent scent of cheap hotel shampoo. However, my hair is clean, which is what shampoo is supposed to accomplish. But for the money I spent on it, I wanted more than "just clean" and I certainly didn't expect it to be worse on my hair than my usual $0.30/fl. oz. product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Cguni

I absolutely love this shampoo. Although, I do agree with some of the reviews that it does dry out hair, making it feel like straw. Pairing it with the right conditioner makes all the difference. I use Biolage detangling solution as conditioner because it makes my hair super snarly after using. This conditioner is great because it doesn't mask the smell of tea tree and it doesn't weight your hair down like other conditioners would. I highly recommend these two products together.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Kidlike101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

this is currently my fav. shampoo, I've used it for 3 months so far and here is my review.

PROS

1. It really delivers, with other shampoos I have to wash 2 or 3 times after I've used coconut oil on my hair and even then my hair looks flat and dead... with this one just one wash and everything goes back to normal.

2. will rinse your scalp nicely without drying it out

3. has a minty scent that is very refreshing after a long day

CONS

1. my scalp is on the oily side but thanks to the humid weather my hair leans toward dry, this shampoo rinses my scalp but it requires a conditioner afterwards otherwise my hair ends up too dry

2. it's rather expensive. $20 per bottle over here.

3. over here it's pretty hard to find, very few pharmacies get it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by MakeUp_0507

Tried this a long time ago and the scent was very strong but it was expected since tea tree is very strong smelling. It really cleaned my hair well to the point of stripping all the moisture and made my hair feel like straws. Was not for me. Would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is on the shampoo only. I really love most of Paul Mitchell's products and this shampoo is no exception. Back when my hair was color treated, I was unable to use this as much so I stopped purchasing it. However, I recently got it again and I've been loving every minute.
This shampoo is creamy and lathers really well. The tea tree is super invigorating in the shower and even after rinsing, my hair and scalp are left feeling clean. I have also noticed that since using (combined with the matching conditioner) my hair is softer and even.. dare I say...easier to style.
All in all, this shampoo is a win in my book. It may be a bit pricey but I can also find it for cheaper in my local beauty supply,so its not a big factor for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 2:53:00 AM More reviews by Calina_Oscura76

Sooo.. .I have been struggling with itchy, scaly, oily yet, dry scalp for many, many years. Nothing seemed to help, most things seemed to make it worse, except dying my hair, which I think, just simply burned whatever was on my scalp, clean off. I have since stopped dying my hair, sick of the maintenance and up keep. This Product and its Conditioning mate, was recommended to me by a stylist, she guaranteed I would like it, that my son would benefit as well, *14 year old hormonal teen.. oily scalp.. no matter what he uses, or how well he rinses it out* So I bought the large liters, as they were on sale as a duo. ( But still way over priced, if you ask me)
I have been using this now, for the better part of a month, and during the first week, I have to admit, I was really kicking my butt for buying it. I was not at all impressed. My hair just didn't feel as nice as I thought it would. I love the smell, the tingling, how my scalp felt afterward.. but I was still not feeling the love.
Another week into it, and I started noticing the itching and oiliness on my scalp was gone. Completely gone. No itchy, painful bumps. no flakes, no scaling. no dryness. Just a normal, clean feeling, non-irritated scalp. I figured I would give it more time.
Another week into it, and I noticed the amazing shine my hair has. I mean it is wicked shiny. I find this stuff a touch on the drying side, so I use a leave in treatment ( see my review of Matrix Fiberstrong Fortifying cream) and It, used in conjunction with the tea tree S&C.. my hair feels decent. Yes, I say decent. AS it is growing out now, and looks rough because all of the hair that had broken off previous to switching things up, is growing out.. my hair is getting thicker, and stronger using all three products together. My hair? Super fine, breaks very easily. Natural color, past my shoulders. Was thinning. Hair loss has improved, I do not lose near as much hair now. I read that Tea tree oil can decongest the scalp, promoting hair growth.. good enough for me. I have also used this on my face.. just the shampoo.. just for fun.
So.. I now have hair growing back, growing longer, full of shine.. light, weightless. no build up. This stuff is paraben free, and the conditioner has a small amount of cones.. nothing near what others contain, and I think this is why it took my hair so long to adjust to it.. so many products are loaded up with cones.. my hair got used to the excessive amounts, but, it reeked havoc on my hair and scalp in the process.
SO.. I may buy again, though, the large bottles.. will probably last me a year.. I think it is procreating in the bottles. I will see where I am in the next couple of months with this stuff, and update if necessary. If you have oily, fine hair, with a crappy scalp to boot.. it is certainly worth a try. :)