November 20, 2014 | 1969 users online

Treatments (Face) - L'Oreal - Dermo-Expertise ReFinish Micro-Dermabrasion

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by jacoba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I gave this product a 3 because I like the microdermabrasion part (step one out of two) and the exfoliating beads are very small so it can really seep into and clean out your pores, making them appear smaller and tighter. I use the first step with my Clarisonic brush and I love it. However, I'm not a fan of the moisturizer (step two). It just sat on my face and felt almost rubbery on my skin, and later on in the day (when I used it in the morning) I would wipe my face and I could feel the layer it formed on my skin come off. It's gross. If I could buy just step one I would though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by debbrumb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this product when I deployed to Spain...yes I know such a rough Air Force life...in 2003 and loved it. I hadn't thought about dermabrasion again until recently and not the product is off the market. I got another set a few months ago off of EBay and once again love it! I have deep pitted acne scars on my cheeks and smaller ones on my forehead and chin. The tiny scars on my upper cheeks are gone. I use it every 2 or 3 days, mask my face with a clay mask twice a week and try to steam my face once a week or more.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2010 3:49:00 AM More reviews by MissDizzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Like this product.

GOOD
    - does what it does --> smoother skin
    - quick results
    - easy system to use
    - doesn't bother my sensitive acne skin (even though I use benzyl peroxide)

BAD
    - could be stronger concentration
    - tingly sensation may be too much for some
    - wasteful packaging

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2010 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Ambien

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For some reason this breaks me out horribly, I get those tiny little zits that look like mosquito bites AND those huge painful ones that take forever to heal, no other skin care product has ever caused anything like this to me. It doesn't really fade scars either, it's a nice exfoliator but that's it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by erialcrobo

love this stuff. I used 2 times a week and my skin is so smooth and soft and totally glowing!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2010 7:07:00 PM More reviews by gemstoneruby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very dry skin, roscaea and eczema so i have been scared to try peels or dermabrasion. My skin is looking dull and my pores are large and uneven skintone. Anyway i saw this for $7.99 in the dollar store, i applied it for 1min 30 secs and i had no irritation or redness, my skin felt amazing and i looked great... I hope i see more improvement.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2009 3:57:00 AM More reviews by INDICAN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this stuff. Lancome makes a smiliar product for a lot more money.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2009 3:41:00 AM More reviews by bebikayz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love, love, LOVE! My skin is made so smooth after I use the exfoliant and my pores are looking smaller everyday! I really think continued use of this is really going to help me unclog and tighten my pores! I always use a toner right after this as well...I think that's helping. Anyway, it's a great product and it has a very low price point which is always a plus.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2009 7:31:00 AM More reviews by blondie7110

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Picked this up at TJMAXX for $5 so I figured why not give it a try. I'm sure it doesn't even compare to a professional facial but it does do a good job. It is two steps using the usual aluminum oxide crystals and the patented Biosaccharide Complex. The directions say to massage the crystals in for 2 minutes, I found this gave me a red face, so I cut it down to 1 minute and used more water. This is a great pick me up for dull skin. You will see results after the first use. I do agree that it is best to use in the shower as you can get your neck better that way also.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2008 9:37:00 AM More reviews by hazzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

first time i use this product, i scrub too hard! but subsequent uses, i learnt to control myself and i am pleased with the results. It feel cleaned and soft. actually, i do like to use the moisturizer. it seems to work on me. def a repurchase!!