April 20, 2014 | 982 users online

Lip Gloss - Wet 'n' Wild - Juicy Balm (general)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 12:54:00 AM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Soft and gives me a rosy sheer color not red cherry. Flavor mild. I'm ok with the size. A bit larger than the other known similar balms.
Lips keep soft.
Price, what else can you ask for less than $2 usd. I have it in my purse and will put one in the gym bag and even wear it on the floor, it's that gentle
I think it would be wonderful for young girls, not a "makeupy" look at all

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Smells good, decent colour payoff when purchasing the Cherry option (very sheer but quite buildable), leaves a bit of a stain behind. Great price. Tube is a little wide, so it's good to be a little more careful when applying, but you get a ton of product. Not drying, but not as moisturizing as a typical balm or chapstick. Tastes absolutely terrible. Yes, I know it's not meant to be consumed, but if you happen to lick your lips for any reason while wearing this, you WILL taste it, and you WILL regret it. It's a lingering taste too, so it lasts for a few minutes. Decent, cheap balm if you can get past the horrible taste of the stuff. I would consider buying the Raspberry or Strawberry if the colour payoffs are similar to the Cherry one, but will likely stay clear of the green watermelon option for the same reason.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by MissVeronyka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is priced great but for some reason every one I tried left a really bad taste in my mouth. Plus the consistency is more of a slick formula than the thicker creamy formula I like my lip balms to be.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by TheBeautySwiftie

I really love this jumbo lip balm! I got the purple one, it's either Grape or Raspberry.

Color:
Smell: The smell is faint, it's a bit fruity and quite yummy, not overwhelming.
Texture: It's slippery at first, but gets less slippery as the hours go on.
Packaging: The packaging looks cute, but it's not very practical. The actual balm sticks out of the container, and sometimes gets scraped off. I had 2 other colors before this one, and they got ruined. But it's worth it, the balm's formula and color's just amazing.
Lasting Power: It lasts a couple hours, I'd say.
Out of 10: 7! Great balm, horrible packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Squarekittens

I own the wet 'n wild juicy lipbalm in the flavour E281C raspberry.

It comes in a large tube containing 7,5 grams of lip balm (that is a lot). The tube is made of white and 'raspberry' coloured plastic with a paper wrapper, the cover is just clear plastic. The packaging looks cheap and feels cheap. It kinda feels like the mechanism to twist up the balm might break. Otherwise the packaging is easy to use and you can easily tell what colour lip balm it is.

the balm itself is reasonably moisturizing, it mostly makes your lips look moist, but once worn off, your lips will feel dry again. I can see why they named it a juicy lipbalm. When you put it on your lips will look shiny, full and moist or in a word: juicy.

The color pay off is really good for a lip balm, it really makes your lips look fuchia. But it doesn't give you the creamy look of a lipstick (or the feel), it has a closer resemblance to a pigmented lipgloss. I think it looks pretty and preforms very well for a lip balm. The colour does transer onto other objects, but not more than with most other lipproducts.
The colour lasts well until you eat, after your lunch the colour will be gone and it doesn't leave much stain or tint.

unfortunately my biggest complaint is the smell, it's really artificial. Not fresh or raspberry like, it doesn't even smell like fake raspberry. It just smells artificial and strong, I am not a fan. And for that I won't repurchase.

pro's:
good color payoff
looks pretty and non heavy on the lips
large amount of product
cheap
spf 15

con's:
distinct smell
cheap packaging

My verdict? Give it a shot, maybe you won't be bothered by the scent so much, or maybe you will even like it. Apart from the scent this is a good product and well worth the price, if you find you don't like it, well not much money is wasted.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by xpartypanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

One of the very few Wet N Wild products I was on the fence about. I'm not a huge lip-balm person, but then I seen this HUGE lip balm and had to get it because I seen what exactly? WATERMELON. I have the biggest obsession with watermelon that anyone could have. When I seen the Watermelon Juicy Balm, I had to get it and try it. So not only is the tube of product big enough to be classified as life-sized, I really enjoy the smell and taste. The packaging is cute, I just adore the Watermelon one. Now the Strawberry one? lolnope. That's just not even right. I don't know what kind of sorcery they pulled there but I mean what even is that nonsense? Plastic taste all over the place.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by marisse1a

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try this because I had heard good reviews about it on Youtube..Wasnt as great as I expected it to be. Not only did it taste bad, but it made my lips extremely dry! Maybe I had an allergic reaction to it because my lips are still very itchy :T On the bright side, it smells really good and I like the tint color! :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Thugluvgrl187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this at Walgreens in the raspberry flavor. I thought this would be something good to carry in my bag to moisturize my lips and add a little bit of color. The first one I bought was rancid and I had to take it back and exchange it. I really like the formulation of this, the color payoff, and the scent (at first), notice I said at first. Within two weeks of having the product, it now has a really weird plasticy smell that it didn't have before. The one thing I can't stand is the taste. YUCK!! It has a very horrible, bitter taste. This is the worst and most disgusting lip balm I have ever tasted. The taste reminds me of prescribed non gel cap pills that have that bitter taste if you don't swallow them fast enough. If they could improve on the taste and it maintaining the nice smell longer I would repurchase. As it stands right now, no way. Not worth it just because I like the feel and color.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by mjG7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had this gloss a few years ago in the strawberry and loved it, so I was annoyed to have to hunt for it all over heck and creation when I ran out. I ended up getting the raspberry and holy yuck! It tasted like bitter raspberry plastic, and was much waxier (new formula I guess to go with the new packaging..?) Anyway, huge disappointment and I didn`t have the receipt so I threw it out. Am using Baby Lips right now and it`s only so-so imo.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by southberry31

I was at my local CVS wandering around the cosmetics section to see what was new. I noticed that they rearranged a bit. On the end caps of an isle I saw the whole Wet 'n' Wild display and I immediately thought to my self : OMG I HAVE TO GET SOMETHING!! They only sell Wet 'n' Wild at my local walgreens so I was super excited because the CVS is down the street and walgreens is like 10 minutes away. I picked up a few things and one of them was the juicy lip balm SPF 15 ( strawberry). I was drawn to the packaging because it reminded me of the Maybelline baby lips. I bought it and went home. I tried it on. I liked nothing about it.

It had a HORRID smell and taste. It also was very drying and did not moisturize my lips. There's more. The lip balm part of it broke as I was applying it. At the base of the tube it fell apart. I cleaned everything up and put it back in my collection and will be returning it. The only good thing about it was it was $2.99 and CVS had a 50% sale so it was half off. I will not be repurchasing this thing.