September 14, 2014 | 2143 users online

Fragrances - Coty - Stetson - American Original

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by SeeMeBeauty

I bought this on a whim at Walgreens. It was a Christmas promo bottle that was 50% off. $4.97 for a little under 2 ounces. I am in love. I poured some on my jacket cuff for my walk home and I could not believe it was me that smelled so good. There is a bit of a cream soda/old fashioned root beer accord to this, familiar and comforting, but not in the same old way, and sexy all at the same time. Too cheap, even at full price to not have on hand at all times. Stetson Fits!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Mamota

After reading The Perfume Guide I also wanted to get my cheap thrill on. I bought both the aftershave and the cologne. The cologne is a tad more full-bodied and less soapy-smelling than the former. This scent might as well be a Chanel. I smell aldehydes in the initial blast which has a soft soapy/slightly sweet and sour/waxy quality such as with Chanel No 5.

Fragrance Notes: Lime, Lavender, Clary Sage, Bergamot, Lemon, Carnation, Patchouli, Orris Root, Jasmine, Vetiver, Cedar, Geranium, Honey, Tonka Bean, Amber, Musk, Vanilla.

The fragrance quickly goes from citrusy herbal to sweet woody musk. It is not incredibly sweet though. It still retains the soft soapy notes of earlier while the base notes dominate.

Lasting power is okay but it does need refreshing at least every several hours if not more. I don't know if this fragrance is available in a stronger concentration but I'm on the hunt.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2009 2:44:00 PM More reviews by EmilyH

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a gorgeous soft floral oriental. The early brightness drops off to reveal a powdery leather amber that lingers for hours. Don't be fooled by the butch image. Stetson can just as easily be worn by a woman as a man. And the price!? I just bought a 2oz bottle of the cologne for $7.99 at Fred Meyers.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2008 9:52:00 AM More reviews by lushintexas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is great. It's a cozy feminine (to my nose) that would be great on a man. On the sweet side and a little unrefined but fun and casual. Proves that snobbery will make you miss out on some great little fragrances.

[something reminds me of Guerlain here :)]

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 7:57:00 AM More reviews by dascha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I, too, couldn't resist picking up a small bottle of this at Target (for $14.50) after reading TS' review in "Perfumes: The Guide." And I'm still quite suprised at the quality of this fragrance, overall. It is extremely well-put-together, and head and shoulders above lots of much much pricier stuff. Something about it reminds me of a Chanel (my husband said it smelled like No. 5) but I sprayed some of my vintage Coco on one arm and Stetson on the other -- and I liked Stetson better. It's somehow fresher, more modern-smelling. On the top is a powerful blast of CARDAMOM, a warm but minty spice note I adore. The drydown is particularly nice: not just straight vanilla sweetness but something very unique -- spicy/leathery/warm/powder. Generally I don't like Orientals much, but this is too nice not to have a bottle around. I think it's a perfect "going out" kind of fragrance (and so apropo as I live in Dallas). So last night I went to karaoke wearing it, and I got a 20-something snuggling up to me, so I guess it must do something right.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2008 3:17:00 PM More reviews by RoCoco

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Updated review: I had to give up Stetson. It makes me sneeze. Smells great, but I can't wear it. Very sad.

Original review: 5/25/2008 3:17:00 PM

I tried this because of Tania Sanchez's wonderful review in 'Perfumes: the guide".

I agree with her. This is a wonderfully complex fragrance that men and women can both wear. Unlike most drugstore scents, this one's got some structure and life over time.

It's not overpowering, suitable for everyday.

This is one of the few Coty scents that I can wear. Most of the rest just smell cheap to me. This one may be cheap, but it doesn't smell that way.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2008 5:26:00 PM More reviews by romarin

I NEVER would have tried this had it not been for "Perfumes-the Guide." They gave it a good rating and laughed that it's marketed as a masculine scent. It is a somewhat spicy floral and dries down to a cardamom-ey vanilla. If it were sold in a chic bottle at Barney's it would be very popular. I may actually decant it into an empty SL bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2006 12:02:00 AM More reviews by fivezero

I smelled this in a magazine insert a few years back and was really surprised at how much I liked it. I bought it in a holiday set so it came with a scented lotion - an even better bargain. I've never found such an inexpensive fragrance that I liked before this. It's very casual and lasts well throughout the day. The bottle's pretty cute, too. I don't use it a whole lot - really only on weekends because that's just the feel I get from it - but I'd definitely re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2003 7:41:00 PM More reviews by redrush

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the perfect casual "every-day" kind of fragrance. I use the body lotion because it lasts longer, but even the spray by itself lasts all day.

The scent is very warm and a little vanilla-y, with a dash of musk. It's clean and smooth and very yummy. I always get compliments from men whenever I wear this. Sometimes I just hear them behind me or next to me, and there's this little "sniff sniff" sound. lol

This scent is PERFECT for weekends, casual days, any day really. You can even work it at night if you're going someplace casual. Plus, it's cheap. Gotta love that! UPDATE: I'm not sure why, but nowadays this gives me a bit of a headache. And I don't wear it too much anymore. But I still recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2003 8:43:00 PM More reviews by snyder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this scent, very clean smelling. It smells like a cross between vanilla and musk. Very long lasting for an inexpensive perfume. Would purchase again.