Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate (emollient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Sorbitan Stearate (emulsifier), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate (emollient thickeners), Dicaprylyl Ether (emollient), Ethyl Macadamiate (macadamia nut oil/emollient), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane (silicone/water-binding agents), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate (emollients/thickeners), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols (antioxidant fatty acid), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidants), Linoleic Acid, Phospholipids (cell-communicating ingredients), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A/fatty acid-based antioxidant), Sodium Dilauramidoglutamide Lysine (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Glucoside (emollient), Sclerotium Gum (thickener), Hectorite (mineral-based suspending agent), Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

on 8/2/2015 10:37:00 AM

This is my HG lip balm! Yes, lip balm. Guys, try this on your lips!

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

This product is ah-mazing! It makes my skin feel soft as butter. I was looking for a dupe to Glam Glow Thirsty Mud and came across this. I ordered a couple samples and then ordered the full size later. While it is not quite as good as Glam Glo, it's still a great product and for the price, and I don't feel like I'm settling for less. I use it as my night cream and I don't rinse. It does not aggravate my eczema or cause acne breakouts. Another keeper.

on 4/27/2015 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using Paula's Choice products for about 2 months and have seen a very significant difference in my skin. The major difference is the way my skin glows and the way makeup enhances that instead of covering and/or making me look worse because of the bad texture of my skin. I have extremely dry AND dehydrated skin. I apply this daily, in the evening after cleansing and toning and prior to my nighttime skin care. I find this really helps bump up the hydration of my skin. You get a lot product, the packaging is effective and the price is reasonable.

on 3/31/2015 4:38:00 PM

This is a lifesaver for my dry winter skin. Chicago is rough in the winter and as I've started dabbling with retinols, the effect has been much drier skin than normal. I usually have combination skin, by the way, so I'm wary of using products that are targeted to dry skin because it can be too much moisture. This however was perfect- the consistency is a creamy whipped-textured cream that feels soothing. I leave it on for 20 minutes minimum. You don't see it on your face after 20 min or so but as soon as you wash it (pat dry- otherwise you're undoing all your good work), you feel the thickness of the texture. My skin looks much better- bright, a little bit more glowy (or just very clean) but also and most importantly, moisturized and hydrated.

It costs around $21 for 4 fluid oz which is a good price for me. You don't need a lot, half a teaspoon is good enough for me. A great buy.

on 3/14/2015 7:53:00 PM

I do enjoy PC products , but this mask makes me red every time I try it. It also angers my eczema.

on 1/6/2015 9:10:00 AM

I love this product, but I wouldn't call it a mask. I use it as a night cream in winter with very good results. You don't have to have dry skin to try it, actually I think it doesn't give enough moisture to very dry skin. It gives excellent protection to normal or slightly dry skin against cold weather and heating. In the summer I can imagine using it after a sunburn or anytime after exfoliation treatments. It's a very soothing cream, and my skin absorbs it totally until the morning, so I never wash it down. I even recommend it to people with oily or combination skin.

on 11/30/2014 9:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I purchased this to pamper my skin that turns dry in the winter. I keep it next to my bed and apply on my cheeks every other night. I do feel more hydrated and my skin does seem more balanced. I have not broken out from this product either. So all in all, it's not bad... I guess I was expecting a more dramatic moisture effect, seeing as how I don't typically buy or wear moisturizers. I've only worn it for about two weeks, so hopefully I will see a bigger impact over time.

on 11/6/2014 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is my skin's best friend forever. It is a very creamy and rich moisturizing mask that works as promised. I apply a thick layer to my face first thing after every shower (esp. in Fall/Winter) and let it sink in while I am applying body lotion and dressing up. I take the excess off with a moistened cotton pad (DHC Silky Cotton works a treat, it is very resistant). Then I proceed with the rest of my skin care routine. Without fail it gives me a moisturized, plumbed up and youthful looking skin. It is full of good ingredients for my skin (e.g. olive, borage seed and evening primrose oils, phospholipids, vitamins C and E, sodium hyaluronate), is very soothing, never irritating and costs a very reasonable $21 for a 4 oz. tube. What is not to love?

Bottom line: LOVE. Have repurchased, will repurchase, always.

on 8/16/2014 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

YUK! I cannot stand this stuff! It leaves a terrible waxy film behind (on my face anyhow) and the ingredient list is just terrible, which is ironic considering she's the go-to for expert advice on ingredients. And the waxy film issue wasn't even the worst part by far... This is also the only product I have ever used/tried in my 25+ years of cosmetic and facial treatment usage that has ever left me with a super bad reaction issue. While I have tried products that aggravated my skin nothing has been as bad as this - my skin was really itchy (to the point I had to actively force myself to stop scratching it!), which lasted about 24 hrs. I figure its got something to do with the 20 thousand unnecessary ingredients in this stuff. This mask was so bad that it just re-affirmed my suspicions that Paula's website filters reviews (something I considered to be true for a while now bc everything is rated so highly when I know personally and from friends there are some crappy products in her line).

Paula's choice products are always very hit and miss for me; the one's that are good are amazing but when they are bad they are REALLY bad. This one is horrible. I wish I could give it zero stars, for realz. But since I can't, I will just warn people with sensitive and super dry skin to stay far away from this product.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I got married last year and had to start looking presentable at home:P I have a dryer skin type and have been known to layer castor oil and vaseline on my face at night sometimes mixed with night creams. during the day when at home I would use a night cream as well. that being said, most night creams make your skin shiny and make pores look bigger..even when I would use a tiny bit. in comes this mask. for some reason it goes on matte even when u pack it on quite a bit. can't explain how it works but it still manages to hydrate..my skin drinks this up totally! so i love this for during the day. I did not use it as a mask but as a daily/night moisturizer. the only gripe I have is that I would not suggest this for under makeup use if your skin is like mine and a little dry. this would make my sunscreen/makeup ball up. i tried letting it set, exfoliating etc. but guess it wasn't meant to be for myself. i give this good value for price because i feel like it's chalk full of great ingredients and i think one tube lasted me a year:O
keep it up paula, just one suggestion can u start bringing more products in 100ml versions for ppl who travel alot?? thanks:)

Popular Masks