October 22, 2014 | 1015 users online

Masks - Paula's Choice - Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

YUK! I cannot stand this stuff! It leaves a terrible waxy film behind (on my face anyhow) and the ingredient list is just terrible, which is ironic considering she's the go-to for expert advice on ingredients. And the waxy film issue wasn't even the worst part by far... This is also the only product I have ever used/tried in my 25+ years of cosmetic and facial treatment usage that has ever left me with a super bad reaction issue. While I have tried products that aggravated my skin nothing has been as bad as this - my skin was really itchy (to the point I had to actively force myself to stop scratching it!), which lasted about 24 hrs. I figure its got something to do with the 20 thousand unnecessary ingredients in this stuff. This mask was so bad that it just re-affirmed my suspicions that Paula's website filters reviews (something I considered to be true for a while now bc everything is rated so highly when I know personally and from friends there are some crappy products in her line).

Paula's choice products are always very hit and miss for me; the one's that are good are amazing but when they are bad they are REALLY bad. This one is horrible. I wish I could give it zero stars, for realz. But since I can't, I will just warn people with sensitive and super dry skin to stay far away from this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 9:16:00 AM More reviews by dragonisdragon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I got married last year and had to start looking presentable at home:P I have a dryer skin type and have been known to layer castor oil and vaseline on my face at night sometimes mixed with night creams. during the day when at home I would use a night cream as well. that being said, most night creams make your skin shiny and make pores look bigger..even when I would use a tiny bit. in comes this mask. for some reason it goes on matte even when u pack it on quite a bit. can't explain how it works but it still manages to hydrate..my skin drinks this up totally! so i love this for during the day. I did not use it as a mask but as a daily/night moisturizer. the only gripe I have is that I would not suggest this for under makeup use if your skin is like mine and a little dry. this would make my sunscreen/makeup ball up. i tried letting it set, exfoliating etc. but guess it wasn't meant to be for myself. i give this good value for price because i feel like it's chalk full of great ingredients and i think one tube lasted me a year:O
keep it up paula, just one suggestion can u start bringing more products in 100ml versions for ppl who travel alot?? thanks:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I HAD THE SAMPLE.
(This line can be tricky to shop for because of the repetitivenous names. There is a retinol serum in similiar red packaging. Just check the front labels.)
I liked this mask a lot more than her mask for oily skin despite my skin being oily at that time. This only has one mask like ingredient wich is hectorite but it still turned to a slightly dry touch while moisturizing my skin. It is thick yet on my face it went on clear. This does have a lot of ingredients that 'Paula' generally recommends.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2014 8:28:00 AM More reviews by BriddaBella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this along with the Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate with Retinol, because my skin was so dehydrated that I ended up with temporary wrinkles. I felt really self-concious about it and none of my regular skincare items seems to work. Even face masks and extra layers of moisturiser failed. My skin was unable to absorb anything and I was really desperate.

I heard a lot of good things about Paula's Choice and I initially wanted to buy the whole Skin Recovery Skin Care Set, but it's sold out in Europe and they won't get it back in stock for another few months according to the website, which ended p being a good thing because some of the products don't have great reviews and I like to stick to the ones with the best reviews.

That's how I ended up with the Skin Recovery Treatment Mask and the Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate with Retinol. I use both products at night before going to bed. First I apply the Concentrate on my face, focusing especially on my cheeks and under eye area. Then I give it time to let it sink into my skin for a few minutes before applying the mask. You can use the mask as a 15minute mask or overnight mask and I've been using it as an overnight mask.

It's been almost 2 weeks now and my skin is pretty much back to normal. I'm super excited and I will try out more Paula's Choice products. The reason why I haven'T given it 5 stars yet, is because I want to see if it works this well during winter, when my skin is especially dry. I will definitely do an update and give 5 stars if it truely 100% deserves it.

But so far I am really impressed with it and I can recommend it to everyone who has dry skin.

Read the full review on my blog: www.bestbbcreams.co.uk/blog

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by liamtreats

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin prone to eczema and this mask has worked wonders for me. Keeps my skin super soft. I keep it on overnight and wake up to soft skin. I love the entire Paula's choice skin recovery line. Her products have done wonders for my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2014 1:01:00 AM More reviews by aporia

Ouch! This burned like crazy and didn't stop burning. I had to wash my face again to get it all off--rinsing wasn't enough. Clearly not the product for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by joyelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have normal to slightly dry super sensitive skin (very mild rosacea) so I can only keep this on for a few hours at most (longer will cause flushing). It has a white creamy texture that basically dissolves into your skin and morphs into an oil and leaves an oil-like film on the skin. It rinses off easily. I do find this mask to be hydrating and softening. I use it once a week and haven't had any irritation or breakout issues.

I would repurchase again but I don't feel it's HG. For reference, I didn't like the other products in the Skin Recovery line - too heavy and dulling for my skin. I paid $19 for a 4 oz. tube.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 10:38:00 AM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a PC fan. Been using the products for 10+ years. I've used every product in the Skin Recovery Line (the dry skin line) with the exception of the cleanser b/c I simply refuse to pay big bucks for something that is on my face <1min.

On with the review... Like almost everyone, I use this overnight. I do not wash it off. This product has great hydration. I particularly like it around my eyes. I just don't find it as calming as the Skin Recovery Moisturizer. The Skin Recovery moisturizer feels SO SOOTHING and nourishing. Like another reviewer said... sometimes this mask stings *just a tiny bit* on my cheeks (my most sensitive area) but the sensation doesn't last and it's not every time. While I prefer the Skin Recovery Moisturizer, I like that this mask is less than half the price of the Skin Recovery Moisturizer (that's why I bought it).

Even though I have bought this more than once over the years, I think this latest tube has convinced me not to buy it again. I'm going to try CeraVe's eye cream next I think.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 10:28:00 AM More reviews by wendylee526

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you're looking at these reviews debating, buy it!! I highly recommend and I'm someone who buys and researches just about everything. A true product junkie. This entire line is amazing. I have very dry skin and have never seen a product give the results like this. The whole line is like that - amazing. Leaves skin glowing and fresh - so healthy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2014 3:37:00 AM More reviews by luckypenny68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ordered this mask in a sample size to see if my skin liked it. I must have gone through 6 sample-sized packets, then I gave in and bought the full-sized tube. I did not waste my dollars. I use it as an overnight mask all over my face but not everyday. I use it about 3 times a week, maybe more depending on what time of the month it is. One and a half weeks before my period I use a lot of anti-acne products, which dries my face. Then I use this mask to help bring back some moisture without adding to the breakouts.
It works well for me, so much so that I am addicted to it now. Best of all I don't scare my husband half to death when I climb in bed with a face mask on. It is nice and clear, and he can't even tell I am wearing a mask! Win!!!