November 27, 2014 | 1337 users online

Fragrances - Clive Christian - 1872 for women

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMomma

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An absolutely gorgeous perfume! It really is a unique and lovely scent. I'm horrible at naming notes... all I can say is it's unlike any other scent I've ever tried. It's very classy, refined, and subtle. I bought a sample from STC and I kind of wish I hadn't because I love it so much! This perfume is insanely expensive - $310 for 1.7 oz. Even the samples are expensive! I will need to save up to buy a full-size bottle of this beautiful scent, but I definitely plan to some day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by khardee

I absolutely love this fragrance. You have to put it on and wait 30 minutes. It is so complex, fresh and beautiful. It smells high end and is totally worth the splurge. I cannot imagine being without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2009 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Lovelytrue

This is my absolute favorite fragrance... EVER! There's nothing sickly sweet in it-- when you wear it you won't walk around smelling like a streetwalker. This perfume actually smells as expensive as it is--the levels and notes that reveal themselves through the day are slightly different as it wears, but smell amazing throughout.

This is definitely a refined perfume-- and everyone who has smelled it on me has asked what I'm wearing. I get asked in the elevator, in stores, at restaurants, etc... A day almost never goes by without a guy telling me I smell amazing and asking for a second whiff...

I generally spray it twice to my chest, once over my hair, and once on a wrist and tap my wrists together (I've been told not to rub the fragrance... something about changing the way it will wear) I've had my bottle for 9 months, and I'm about 4/5ths of the way through it... expect to replace once a year.

If you can afford it, go for it!!!... But I'd wait for the end of the economic recession.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2008 2:03:00 PM More reviews by CHLee916

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hands down - I love it. I love a good heady, heavy, woodsy, green fragrance.

This one has a lot of notes and tones without it "doing too much". Granted it does start off with a major KICK but it mellows quickly to a marvelous blend.

To the nose it's a bit overwhelming - delivering a knock out punch but when you couple it with skin and body chemistry - it mellows to a very nice blend that stays with you all day.

Well worth every penny.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2008 4:44:00 PM More reviews by jemimagold

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was very interested to try the much vaunted and stratospherically expensive Clive Christian 1872 for Women and eagerly dabbed it on from my precious vial sample. But like the song goes, my reaction was essentially "Is that all there is?".

CC 1872 has a pleasant enough lemony/soapy scent which more or less smelled the same on my skin the whole time. After about 30 minutes, I noticed a slight bitter smell reminscent of "Off" bug spray. The sillage was fair at best. To be perfectly candid, CC 1872 is boring perfume with anemic notes that are unlikely to offend anyone. And perhaps that is its key selling point. There are plenty of other more interesting perfumes on the market that have a light citrusy smell. Unfortunately, I think CC 1872's chief attraction is the mystique of buying "the most expensive perfume in the world".

To this point, the most noteworthy thing about CC 1872 is its price. From nosing around the internet, I've found that it is currently being sold for MANY hundreds of dollars and in return one will receive a 1oz of juice in a "handmade crystal bottle with 24-karat gold-plated sterling silver collar and engraved crown stopper". Hmmm.... What is that saying about there being a certain someone born every day....?

Per The Perfumed Court, here are CC 1872's notes: bergamot, tangerine, lemon, pineapple jasmine, lily of the valley, rose de mai, jasmine, orchid, cedarwood, sandalwood and patchouli.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2007 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Ginger32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After trying all in this line, I have to say this smelled the best. Even the saleslady agreed with me. However, when I really stopped to think about if the price warranted the scent on my arm, I walked away. I think there is a point to scent being ridiculous with cost determining how many people have it. If we really want to start smelling different, then maybe we won't wear any body products at all. I just can't buy into this marketing strategy.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2006 4:06:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This smells like a slightly woodier, muskier CK One. I have CKOne and I really like it. I got this in a swap from a lovely online friend, and the bottle is gorgeous, but I don't think this is worth the price at all. I actually think CK One is fresher and better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2005 9:19:00 PM More reviews by CareerLady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Dries down to a delicate, green floral, the likes of which I've never experienced before. Imagine a serene damask rose/jasmine absolute blend, with a refreshing bergamot note twinkling just underneath. There is a subtle hint of woods, the same woods used in KM's Loukhoum (guiacwood). What seems so brash at first becomes tamed and refined. Don't let this perfume fool you.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2004 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Dragonfly00

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is just beautiful. A soft clean light scent built on fruits and flowers. Very unassuming, subtle & close to the skin. I'd give it 5 lippies if it weren't so darn expensive.

Rose de Mai Absolute, fresh sparkling bergamot from Italy, guaiacwood oil (bulnesia sarmienti) from Argentina and jasmine absolute (jasminium grandiflorum )