December 20, 2014 | 1211 users online

Concealers - Black Opal - Flawless Perfecting Concealer Stick

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by EboniBrandon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

Another maybe product for me because while I have found a use for it, it is a product I can live without. It gives heavier coverage than the stick foundation and is more matte if I were to compare the two. Very good pigmentation. Probably better for covering blemishes than for use under the eye area, especially for 30+ skin because it is so heavy and has a tendency to settle in lines. You will absolutely want to moisturize well, exfoliate and prime before using this to reduce it pulling at your skin and clinging to any flakes or dry patches. I like it best for contouring. As it is lipstick sized it fits in a purse well and applies easily and precisely. It has good staying power as well. Blends nicely when it warms up and little to no transfer or sliding off the face. I just prefer a concealer that also works well under my eye area and I havent been able to find a way to make this particular product work for that purpose. I own three shades: honey (highlight), tan (a touch darker than my complexion) and mahogany (contour).

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by jodhika1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Shade: I got this in the colour honey, which I believe is the lightest in the line. Im an NC43/44 in MAC and warm honey in Bobbi Brown foundation stick, and this is similar in shade level to BB's warm honey, but redder. BB is yellower/oliver. I wanted a shade that's lighter than BB for my undereye but was disappointed (bought online).

Texture: Much thicker than BB's foundation stick. Kind of difficult to blend to be honest. I see potential for cakiness.

Price: super cheap. 4 bucks I think.

Packaging: lipstick case is so cute!

Would I actually use this regularly under my eye though? Probably not.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by sabrinasylvesternyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this on a whim looking for a quickie drugstore option to replace the Becca Cosmetics waaaay-too-hard-to-find foundation stick I used (and adored -- in Maple) as concealer for a gazillion years. It's fantastic!! I use the Honey color, primarily for covering dark undereye circles (mine are considerable) and brightening around the mouth area. The product's consistency IS on the dry side, though, so make sure your eyes are well-moisturized before applying, and dip your brush/sponge/finger in a wee (WEE) bit of water before you smoosh it in place. It lasts all day and does not form little lines whatsoever as the day progresses. I set mine with loose powder (Bobbi Brown). I'm on my second stick now and may never go back to the pricey stuff again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by ChitoT85

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had been using Make Forever for about 4 years and its about $30 a pop at Sephora. I downgraded earlier this year to Mac which was about $17 a pop. I noticed my celebrity make-up artist friend was using Black Opal and she highly recommended it. I have been using the Honey color for about 3 months now. I love it. I am that girl who can't leave the house w/o concealer so it was good to find something that was super affordable. I combine it with Black Opal Total Coverage in Heavenly Honey and its still cheaper than what I was using before.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by reesesilverstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

This is currently my fave under eye concealer. It does a really good job of covering my dark circles and doesn't dry out my under eyes. Plus the price USD$ 4.75 @ Walmart cannot be beat.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2011 4:55:00 PM More reviews by cnixon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Flawless Perfecting Concealer by Black Opal -- covers okay, not sure if I like it after using TheBalm concealer. Like most concealers it covers ok, not completely with my blemish marks, and having oily/acne-prone skin this concealer does not stay matte. Was looking for an inexpensive concealer w/yellow/gold undertones--the Tan color came thisclose. I apply it the way it's supposed to be applied--with a concealer brush after foundation (Bareminerals Golden Tan) and before finishing powder. The one I bought smells like an industrial hospital disinfectant (not rancid like the makeup had gone bad). Was it supposed to be fragrance fee? Do they all smell like that? I think I'll keep searching for an inexpensive drugstore concealer.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by xSaLYU

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Green

It works somewhat well for my blemishes, and I say that because I can still see them even after applying makeup. It does absolutely nothing for my under eye circles. I may need to try another color...?

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by WonHawtBish

This product is really amazing. I needed a creamy foundation that wouldn't aggravate my acne-prone skin and would help cover any acne scars and under eye circles I had without making me feel like I have a ton of makeup on. This concealer is perfect for that. It super easy to apply and blend and luckily for me, the color matched well (I'm NW45 and I wear Beautiful Bronze).

I gave it 4 stars because it doesn't really dry/settle, so you have to be careful about things brushing against your face.

Bonus: at under $6, it's super cheap! Brown girls, don't sleep on Black Opal!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by sugarcoookies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this concealer.
I had the wrong color before so I thought I didnt like it.
I went back and got the one in "Honey" and I really love it.
Its a perfect match for my NC42-ish skin.
Its thick enough to cover my scars but its not noticeable under
foundation. It doesnt irritate my skin.
Unlike the other Black opal concealer which is more liquidy -
this one is great !

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by blubandit85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first time using a stick concealer and I'm in love with this one. I only use it to cover acne blemishes and it covers them perfectly! It is thick and creamy and it blends really well and I set mine with black opal pressed powder. For me it doesn't fade or get all over my clothes. I love it and I will buy another one. I have the color Beautiful Bronze.