Neutrogena Fine Fairness Essence

3.7

on 10/9/2010 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have just begun using this product and so far i'm quite happy. I'm generally a fan of retinol products, especially gel form that doesn't make your skin breakout and this product is just that. It didn't take me long to get used to this product. It's not exactly as thick as cream nor as clear as gel but somewhere in between. It's non-greasy but doesn't dry my face at all. I use it only at night because retinol makes my skin sensitive to sun during the day.I apply it moderately and it has made my skin more even toned and bright.I'll buy it again if i don't find any better retinol product :-)

on 12/20/2009 12:55:00 AM

It's not bad, I see some brightening of my face. It's not mositurizing enough though (although I realize it's not suppose to be moisturizing). I really like the price on this, but mainly because I got my mom to buy it from Asia because they don't sell this line in Canada and it only cost about $20CND. I would definately repurchase, except it'll have to wait till someone goes back to Asia.

on 12/31/2008 5:43:00 PM

NEUTROGENA FINE FAIRNESS SERUM

I received the product as a GWP in sasa. I dont really use whitening serums on my face as I dont want to layer so many products on my face (I alreayd have 3-4 layers!). But I use whitening serums on my acne marks, hoping to fade them.
The serum is in a pump bottle with a twist pump for opening and closing which the instructions says will make the product stay fesher. I like that idea as its good for travelling.
The serum is fragranced, though I dont have the ingredients list, I can smell the scent. Its nice and not too strong.
The product stings upon contact with the skin but as I use it to spot treat, its ok.
I'm unsure about the product even though I've been using it for 3-4 months. It really does seem to whiten the old red acne marks however, for any "fresh" acne marks that still has a bump, it seems to aggravate it and the small recovering bump will turn into a nasty red pimple! So I dont know whats wrong with the product or my face :S
Due to this reason, Im extremely careful of which spots to apply the product over and so sometimes I do neglect it and would endure the red mark rather than turn it into a huge pimple.

on 4/21/2005 11:33:00 AM

Comparing with other whitening products like Kanebo or Kose, the Neutrogena Fine Fairness Essence does nothing for me. My skintone is already on the fair side, and neither the Neutrogena Fine Fairness Essence nor the mask improve my skintone any further. Recently, in my desperation to use up the essence, I've piled it onto my face, until the product starts stinging my skin, at which point I stopped. I let that dry for 3 minutes or so, which leaves a tacky film on my skin, and then wipe it off with toner. The result, instantly brightened and clear skin that feels a little tight. I don't wear makeup but the effect of this makes my skin look perfect like I am wearing makeup.
Understandably, what I've done is increase the dosage of retinol and vitamin C at the 'stinging' point where the concentration is enough to effect whitening.
I use it every other day because the high concentration of retinol causes my skin to become really dry and sensitive. But a word of caution is that high concentrations of retinol can cause, other than skin drying, breakouts.
Still, the concentrations of the active ingredients in this product is too low, and it doesn't make sense to have to apply so much of it to experience an effect. I won't be repurchasing once this tube runs out.

on 3/31/2005 4:24:00 PM

gentle on my sensitive combo skin. after 3 weeks of use, I do think my skin tone is more even and brightened.

on 12/20/2004 7:45:00 AM

Great Product! I've been wanting to try out product with Retinol, and since I have some discolouration problem with my skin, i thought i give it a go. My skin is definetely smoother, the pigmentation is still there, but it is tad lighter. I had hope in this product and will continue to use it.

on 6/14/2004 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Sensitive skins proceed with caution. This essence comes in a hygienic tube, contains retinol, vitamin C, sunscreen and various anti oxidants. Costs about RM40. Alas I am unable to use it all over my face, because itchy bumps came out on my inner cheeks like mosquito bites! So I have been dabbing it only on my pigmentation marks which seems to have lightened a bit. Will continue with this and update review later.

Popular Treatments (Face)