October 22, 2014 | 1042 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - Professionnel Serie Expert - Vitamino Color Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I've been using this shampoo for about 2 months now (my bottle is about half done) and I'm a bit underwhelmed with it since the reviews are so good! The shampoo definitely didn't strip my colour at all and helped to make my bright red colour look very fresh and bright but it dries out my hair so much and I have to use about 8-10 pumps of the shampoo to get my scalp adequately clean. I do have an oilier scalp but I only ever go 2-3 days without washing (2 is the norm) so my hair isn't that oily but I have to use so much to cut through the oil and really make my hair feel clean and by the time that I've done that my hair feels really damaged and straw-like. Nothing a good conditioner doesn't take care of but it really makes me wonder if in the long run this shampoo is really helping, or hurting my hair when it is so dry. I don't think this is a bad shampoo because it does give my thick, fine, weighed down hair a nice boost of volume and it definitely does a great job at colour preservation but hair preservation when it comes to damage is *very* important to me and in that area, it really isn't winning me over. I can definitely see why people would like this shampoo but from my experience, I wouldn't really recommend it and I certainly won't be jumping out of my seat to purchase a new bottle when this one runs out. If you are looking to try this though, just thought I'd make a little note of the price. I paid $24 CAD for 500mL of this shampoo at Shoppers Drug Mart. I know some people may be turned off by the price BUT the L'Oreal Everpure/ Evercreme line sells their products for $11 CAD for 250mL so the prices are equivalent...if I were to buy 2 bottles of Everpure shampoo they would be almost the same price as this shampoo for the same amount. Tricky marketing tactics :P

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by lichi79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Regardless, of all the positive reviews this Poo has on Amazon, it did not work for me. I hate to be the one giving this bad review. It is very silcone-y and harsh. It felt like it coated my hair instead of washing it. I did buy it from a reputable salon, so it is not counterfeit. It gave me one zit on my neck also. The packaging is fine and the price is reasonable. You would be better off, buying the Total Repair 5 Advanced from the drugstore. Sad, because I had high hopes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Dayday00

Been using this shampoo for a month now, after my hairdresser recommended it to me.
I had itchy scalp from time to time and told me it could be from cheap shampoo. Since my hair is coloured she proposed to me this shampoo, along with the conditionner.
My hair tends to be oily after two days but this shampoo seems to keep the oil under control and I can stay 3 full day without a wash.
My hair are soft and shiny. Since my hair are black, I can't really tell about any discolouration. Also, no itchy scalp anymore!
I think I will repurchase even with the price tag.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by mayanii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this shampoo because I was in desperate need of one and MUA seemed to like it so why not, right?

At first, I really liked this shampoo. Mainly because of the scent. Unfortunately, after getting a different type (Absolut Repair), I could only see the drawbacks of this product.

The consistency of the shampoo would be great for anyone with dry (and I mean really dry) hair. It's much thicker and the product doesn't lather well. But for me, it was apparently too greasy for my scalp. I continued on until my second bottle, which was when I decided to switch to Absolut Repair (which treated me much better).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 9:31:00 AM More reviews by joana7

This is a really nice shampoo! Other shampoos can make my hair feel really dry and knotty but L'Oreal Vitamino Color is quite gentle and leaves hair clean nontheless. I'm not sure how this would work for oily hair types but for my dry hair it works just fine. It seems to be good at preserving color too. I had my hair colored for the last time in november (2 months ago) and the color is only a bit faded. The scent is girly but soft. Also, the bottle is really pretty. I don't repurchase products very often but I am on my second bottle of this shampoo.
I am only dropping a lippie because L'Oreal still tests on animals.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by KGirl24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great shampoo! I always color my hair but most shampoos ruin my color and make it fade quickly. This shampoo does not fade the color and leaves my hair clean, soft, and shiny. This is definitely more than I would normally pay for a shampoo but it does such a fantastic job that I will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by ANDRODINO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love dying my hair but I never alter my hair's nature such as rebond, relax, or perm. This shampoo is perfect for me! I was reluctant to buy it at first because of its expensive price but it was worth it! HOWEVER, this shampoo will only work best with a GREAT CONDITIONER. If you just use this, the after bath feel is dry and rebellious hair but if you condition your hair, it will even amplify the effect of the conditioner. It smells very great! It's mild and sophisticated. DON'T APPLY GENEROUSLY because first it dries the hair and its expensive. Even if there are no bubbles, just massage your SCALP for less than a minute (20 seconds for short hair) and then condition. Dry your hair then with blow dry or even electric fan and you'll have a hair that has the touch of a stylist.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by MissDuckie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I WANTED TO LIKE THIS SHAMPOO! It smells great, but in the end that was pretty much the only good thing about it. I'll admit - I think I was a sucker for the marketing, it comes in such a cute bottle, it's expensive and I first got it at a salon I reallyyy liked. Anyway, it turned out it makes my hair very dull (lacks shine), as well as makes it feel slightly heavy. Dull + heavy looking = looks dirty. It also makes my hair look FRIED compared to how sleek it usually looks (using my regular shampoo). Every time I use it I have a bad hair day. On top of everything else, it makes my color fade faster. I Will not repurchase, do not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by AmandaMarieH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I was really pleasntly surprised with this, and I love it! My hair is at a strange place right now, I'm growing out my damaged bleached hair so now some of it is dry and damaged, and some of it is healthy. I don't want to neglect the damaged parts but the healthy parts don't need a heavy duty repairing shampoo, they just need to be clean and moisturized! So anyway, I decided that the healthy regrowth has the priority because the damage is going to get cut off anyway. Vitamino color shampoo seemed like a good match. I'm not going to lie, I was mainly attracted to it for the scent, which is a clean smell (think pantene) mixed with cherries and raspberries. Yum! But also because it seemed to have the perfect moisture balance for me and it would protect the lowlights I got to blend the bleached hair with my natural hair color. The shampoo left my hair clean but not stripped, and together with the conditioner my hair was surprisingly silky, shiny, and easy to detangle. Plus my hair is naturally slightly wavy and this seemed to bring that out. It's a little expensive, but so worth it. Plus it's way less than some of the really expensive products I used to use, and it works so much better! I also want to try liss ultime, for when I straighten my hair! Oh and just fyi, L'oreal is the company that owns some very high end brands like Kerastase, and the L'oreal proffesionel products have access to the same exact research. Kerastase is so over priced. L'oreal proffesionel is expensive enough to be of the same quality but they didn't tack on another $20 to each product just because of marketing hype. I personally find LP to work much better than KS anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by jessifairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a pretty good shampoo. It makes hair feel clean & soft :)