Biotera Ultra Color Care Shampoo

3.8

on 5/30/2015 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I had purple streaks in my hair. Paid $140 to have it done. Biotera Ultra Color Care Shampoo/Conditioner got good reviews, so I purchased it. Now my purple streaks are a pale blue. I am really upset. Pale blue isn't even "my" color! Will be embarrassing to go back to the beauty shop and admit that I used a different product and need my purple streaks back. :(

To top it off, this product does not seem to get my hair clean. The concept is brilliant - one product for washing and conditioning your hair. But the delivery is dismal.

on 2/26/2015 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I bought this based on the recommendation from a Sally's sales associate. I use this with the conditioner and overall I am pretty happy with this product.
The fragrance is nice and as an everyday shampoo and conditioner it leaves my hair smoother and softer than other brands I have tried. It is pretty affordable. I wish it came with a pump though.
I wash my hair everyday but usually just the roots area, so I do notice some color fading.

Absolutely love this. purchased this about a week ago along with the conditioner 2 for $20.00 at sallys. I had been using argan oil infused shampoo and conditioning products and have recently gone blonde so needed to switch up. this shampoo lathers great, I could massage my head with it for hours, smells delicious and leaves my hair so soft ! I have tried some pretty pricy shampoos and this takes the cake. love biotera !

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This review is for the Ultra Color Care Shampoo. I used this for the first time last night after dying my hair a burgundy red. I followed it with the conditioner of the same brand/series because of the no sulfates or parabens. I seriously cannot believe how soft my hair is right now. I tend to get sick of my shampoos and conditioners fairly quick- I love trying new brands (don't we all) - I am forever on the hunt for something "better" or a cheaper "dupe" and so I have tried a lot of different stuff out there, from TresEmme to Kerastase, Oscar Blandi to Suave. My hair hasn't been this soft in for. Ever. It's crazy soft. And it smells just like Biolage, which totally reminds me of when I was a kid getting my hair done at the salon. I haven't had my hair professionally done in forever because it never comes out the way I want. I figure at least if I dye/cut my own hair and it comes out bad, I only have myself to blame :) But seriously folks - I got a liter of each the shampoo and conditioner for 7.99 a piece at Sally's! I am kind of obsessing right now. My only wish is that it came with a pump but you can buy one I'm sure. Try this!!!

on 6/19/2013 6:02:00 PM

Unfortunately, this product didn't cut it for me. I have been searching for a shampoo and conditioner that will quench my thirsty hair without breaking my bank. I have dry hair and an oily scalp so the search will continue. The smell is amazing, just as it is supposed to, like Biolage. The shampoo left my hair feeling dry while the conditioner is easily spread throughout the hair it feels tacky during rinsing. My hair was easily brushed after showering which is a plus, but while blow drying my hair, my hair started looking dull and weighed down.
The overall quality isn't great but my hair smells fantastic all day! Luckily I kept my receipt so Sally Beauty Supply was able to refund me for the products and I am now trying the GVP: Nexxus shampoo and conditioner. Wish me luck on my journey for happy, shiny hair!

on 3/22/2012 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I got this when I ran out of Biolage... 2 liters for $15, which is less than 1 of Biolage! I use the Color Care and love it. Works just as well as the brand name and smells almost as good- similar scent but not exactly the same. I definitely plan to repurchase this.

on 2/6/2012 1:08:00 AM

My aunt purchased this from Sally's, and, I have to say, I'm kind of in love with this product. It's supposed to be a dupe for Biolage, and I find that it actually exceeds Biolage in performance. It smells lovely. Is it as good as my beloved Pureology shampoos? No. Is it much cheaper and still a really decent buy? Hell yes. My only complaint is that it is somewhat harsh on my color treated hair, and does seem to strip it a bit, but my Pureology conditioner works well afterwards to soften and silken my hair. I will keep using this until I am rich* and can afford Pureology again.

*employed

on 10/14/2009 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using this for a couple of months now and I don't like it much. I have it in color care. I do not really notice any help with the color staying, I have had my hair dyed with demi permanent color for 2 months and it is about time to dye it again. It smell pretty good, not as good as Biolage in my opinion, but close. The reason I do not like this much is that my hair gets dried out using it. I have to extra deep condition my hair for it to not feel rough and dry. I am trying another product.

on 9/16/2008 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is a decent, everyday shampoo for me. I have thick but fine hair that's color-treated, so the ends are dry. I'm always looking for moisturizing hair products, and this, after a week of use, seems like it works. I had found and have been using the Biotera conditioner for some months now (alternated with deeper conditioners, like Terax Crema and Emergencee), and the conditioner seems like a good daily one. The shampoo and conditioner seem to smooth out my hair and prevent flyaways, without weighing it down, but I do normally shampoo once a week or so with a "clarifying" shampoo, which probably helps to prevent buildup. I'll continue to use this, and edit my review if it doesn't work out.

on 3/25/2008 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this based on the reviews here. I have mid-length wavy hair, lots of it, but fine in texture. This shampoo was disappointing. It doesn't lather well and left my hair with that too clean, full flyaway look that thick, wavy hair can get. It smells o'kay in the bottle, but the scent does not linger in your hair. Hated the big bottle it comes in...hard to hold and has no pump. The big tell for me is that I bought a bottle of Suave professionals humectant shampoo at the same time and I found myself reaching for it time and again in the shower as I preferred both the lather and the results I get from the Suave over the Biotera! This isn't a bad shampoo, just nothing special.