September 16, 2014 | 1194 users online

Shampoo - Biotera Ultra Color Care Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by BeachBunnieXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This review is for the Ultra Color Care Shampoo. I used this for the first time last night after dying my hair a burgundy red. I followed it with the conditioner of the same brand/series because of the no sulfates or parabens. I seriously cannot believe how soft my hair is right now. I tend to get sick of my shampoos and conditioners fairly quick- I love trying new brands (don't we all) - I am forever on the hunt for something "better" or a cheaper "dupe" and so I have tried a lot of different stuff out there, from TresEmme to Kerastase, Oscar Blandi to Suave. My hair hasn't been this soft in for. Ever. It's crazy soft. And it smells just like Biolage, which totally reminds me of when I was a kid getting my hair done at the salon. I haven't had my hair professionally done in forever because it never comes out the way I want. I figure at least if I dye/cut my own hair and it comes out bad, I only have myself to blame :) But seriously folks - I got a liter of each the shampoo and conditioner for 7.99 a piece at Sally's! I am kind of obsessing right now. My only wish is that it came with a pump but you can buy one I'm sure. Try this!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by KristaStull

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Unfortunately, this product didn't cut it for me. I have been searching for a shampoo and conditioner that will quench my thirsty hair without breaking my bank. I have dry hair and an oily scalp so the search will continue. The smell is amazing, just as it is supposed to, like Biolage. The shampoo left my hair feeling dry while the conditioner is easily spread throughout the hair it feels tacky during rinsing. My hair was easily brushed after showering which is a plus, but while blow drying my hair, my hair started looking dull and weighed down.
The overall quality isn't great but my hair smells fantastic all day! Luckily I kept my receipt so Sally Beauty Supply was able to refund me for the products and I am now trying the GVP: Nexxus shampoo and conditioner. Wish me luck on my journey for happy, shiny hair!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this when I ran out of Biolage... 2 liters for $15, which is less than 1 of Biolage! I use the Color Care and love it. Works just as well as the brand name and smells almost as good- similar scent but not exactly the same. I definitely plan to repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My aunt purchased this from Sally's, and, I have to say, I'm kind of in love with this product. It's supposed to be a dupe for Biolage, and I find that it actually exceeds Biolage in performance. It smells lovely. Is it as good as my beloved Pureology shampoos? No. Is it much cheaper and still a really decent buy? Hell yes. My only complaint is that it is somewhat harsh on my color treated hair, and does seem to strip it a bit, but my Pureology conditioner works well afterwards to soften and silken my hair. I will keep using this until I am rich* and can afford Pureology again.

*employed

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2009 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Lala201

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for a couple of months now and I don't like it much. I have it in color care. I do not really notice any help with the color staying, I have had my hair dyed with demi permanent color for 2 months and it is about time to dye it again. It smell pretty good, not as good as Biolage in my opinion, but close. The reason I do not like this much is that my hair gets dried out using it. I have to extra deep condition my hair for it to not feel rough and dry. I am trying another product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2008 11:12:00 PM More reviews by mpm64

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a decent, everyday shampoo for me. I have thick but fine hair that's color-treated, so the ends are dry. I'm always looking for moisturizing hair products, and this, after a week of use, seems like it works. I had found and have been using the Biotera conditioner for some months now (alternated with deeper conditioners, like Terax Crema and Emergencee), and the conditioner seems like a good daily one. The shampoo and conditioner seem to smooth out my hair and prevent flyaways, without weighing it down, but I do normally shampoo once a week or so with a "clarifying" shampoo, which probably helps to prevent buildup. I'll continue to use this, and edit my review if it doesn't work out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 1:17:00 PM More reviews by my3sons5

I bought this based on the reviews here. I have mid-length wavy hair, lots of it, but fine in texture. This shampoo was disappointing. It doesn't lather well and left my hair with that too clean, full flyaway look that thick, wavy hair can get. It smells o'kay in the bottle, but the scent does not linger in your hair. Hated the big bottle it comes in...hard to hold and has no pump. The big tell for me is that I bought a bottle of Suave professionals humectant shampoo at the same time and I found myself reaching for it time and again in the shower as I preferred both the lather and the results I get from the Suave over the Biotera! This isn't a bad shampoo, just nothing special.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2008 9:23:00 AM More reviews by snochic469

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this stuff! I discovered it completely on accident while buying my Ion hair color at Sally's. It's supposed to be a knock-off of Biolage, and certainly smells similar, so I thought WTH. It was 2 for $10, which is much less than Biolage, and to my surprise, I find it works much better! My hair is really long and I color it regularly, so needless to say it's very dry and damaged. This stuff was not only moisturizing, but made my hair feel MUCH better than it normally does. I'm thinking of going back and trying their conditioner now! Definitely give this a try if you love Biolage and would like to save some money!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2007 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Michawn

I am using the Biotera color line. I am by no means a shampoo snob, but it HAS to smell good. I went into Sally's to find something to make my hair feel softer after my lastest dye job at the salon (normally I am a Target/WalMart shampoo buyer). My cousin works at an Aveda salon and I wasn't impressed with the stuff I bought one time, didn't like the price (even at her discount) and I smelled like a bottle of Italian Seasoning!

Anyway, they were having a liter sale, so I got the set for $14. I even went with dirty hair as I was so excited to get something that could possibly make my hair soft and smell nice! I LOVE it! The set, along with my Proclaim glosser makes my hair soft, manageable and smells great! I just wish that the liter size had a pump instead of a flip cap, they are big bottles to grasp! It's only been less than a week since I've been using them, so I am not sure how the color help is, but for just the hair softness, manageability and smell alone, I would buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2007 12:26:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use the Biotera Color Care shampoo, with the Biotera reconstructing conditioner (knockoff of Biolage's conditioning balm). I much prefer Biotera products to Biolage - the price is better, and I find that they actually work better than Biolage. I have thick, coarse, wavy, dry, color-treated hair. I have tried tons of products - both professional and drugstore - and I keep coming back to Biotera. I use them daily. Whenever I use these products, I notice a dramatic change in the overall condition of my hair. In fact, the change is so drastic that each time I go back to these, my stylist comments on how fantastic my hair is! The shampoo lathers well and leaves hair feeling clean, but not stripped. The scent is nearly identical to Biolage, perhaps slightly more synthetic, but barely noticeable. Definite HG product.