October 25, 2014 | 1350 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Ocean Potion - aloe lotion

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Sanzibar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Took this on our August beach vacation. It was a big hit compared to the aloe gel we typically use for sunburns. It's lightly scented so both men & women can use it. Absorbs quickly into the skin and moisturizes well after a day in the sun. No sticky feeling like the aloe gel leaves behind.

From the fair skinned to the darker toned complexions, we all had great results. No one had a severe sunburn but we were definitely a bit red. This lotion transformed that red into a nice tan practically overnight (ok, probably 2 nights). It also eased the pain on my son's sun burned feet much better than the aloe gel. It eliminated peeling skin and sunburn pain.

Great lotion, works as advertised and excellent price. A definite repurchase for our family. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 11:03:00 AM More reviews by Kyliesmom5

This is absolutely the best drugstore lotion I have found for the Summer! Lightweight, yet so moisturizing. The scent is an orange/cream mix, which I personally love. I have used this after the beach and it seriously does maintain your tan as well as heal sunburn. I have never once peeled with this lotion, it just turned into a lovely tan. I highly recommend this lotion- such a steal!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2013 3:39:00 AM More reviews by cbm08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this lotion because it claims to extend tan and since I'm heading to the beach in a couple of weeks, I figured I would take this along. I've been using it nightly as my daily moisturizer and so far I love it! I love the smell, which others describe as an orange dreamsicle, but to me it smells like Fruity Pebbles cereal. Either way, the scent is nice. Also, this lotion doesn't leave a greasy feel and I love that it is packaged in a pump dispenser.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by cherylnguyen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It helps me a lot with my sunburn on my face. It's light weight and absorb fast. It's also a good moisturizer for everyday use.
I will definitely buy this lotion again. Highly recommended !

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by MissMelanieM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I FINALLY have found a lightweight lotion that I don't "react" to that smells great!!

This smells like Orange Creamsicle and its sorta strong, but I adore the smell so its not an issue with me. I also love that this is made with canola oil and sunflower seed oil (two of the first three ingredients) as opposed to mineral oil.

It soaks in nicely, although I need to reapply if I use this on my hands. Its the first body lotion that I can use that doesn't feel goopy and awful, especially in summer!

Love it and plan to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by arizonababyboo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OK, so I had to purchase this lotion since I heard that it smells like a creamsicle (YUM!). First off, the scent is great, it doesn't exactly stay orangey scented though, kinda mellows out right away to a more creamy sweet beachy scent which is lovely, would wear the scent as a perfume if there was one seriously. I could feel the moisturizing properties immediately upon application. This is my favorite part though...it is really cooling feeling. I live in Phoenix, AZ and its gets hellishly hot here in the summer, I mean literally feels like you are burning instantly upon walking into the sun. Not good. But this really cools you down and the sensation lasts for a little while too, which is nice. OK, so count me in as another rave reviewer of this dirt cheap fun find!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

I was using the glow version of this lotion and love it, but needed a smaller bottle to take on vacation and found this in a airline friendly 4 oz size. Its perfect. Everything is the same except the 'glow' part. I've gotten used to the creamscicle scent and while I wasn't crazy about it at first, I grown to like it, but it fades almost immediately anyway so its not an issue. The consistency is super light and absorbs within 2 minutes so its perfect for summer. Leaves no sticky anything behind, and is surprisingly moisturizing. My legs start to get itchy and prickly by the end of the day with the majority of lotions, but not with this. Even now that its getting colder my skin feels soft and moisturized all day. Super cheap and readily available almost anywhere. Now that they've discontinue my old favorite (Lubriderm Advanced Triple Smoothing), this is my new favorite drugstore lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 11:00:00 AM More reviews by cuonbroadway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this lotion for about 4 years now and it's my HG summer moisturizer! I love the fact that aloe is in the top 5 ingredients, unlike a lot of other "aloe moisturizers" where aloe is at the bottom of the ingredient list. The price is absolutely unbeatable, especially since I go through at least one bottle a summer. My only complaint is that the pump sometimes leaves a bit at the bottom of the bottle, but for the quality and price you just can't beat it. I love how it doesn't leave me sticky or greasy after I put it on. I use this instead of aloe gel (with or without lidocaine) at night when I have a sunburn because it doesn't mess up my sheets like the gel does. It sinks in a lot quicker and smells so much better. I'll keep buying this every time I run out! Love tis stuff!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by loveoutdoors

This is for moisturizing aloe lotion with tea tree oil & vitamins A.C.&E. My hubby picked this up on vacation, it was a steal as far as after sun lotions go. I love the smell, very summer memory inducing. The ingredient list is good except if parabens are an issue for you probably should avoid. It made my legs nice and soft, yes, I like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2010 3:58:00 AM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am soooooo glad I ran across the mua reviews for this brand. It isn't carried at my local drgustores, etc so had to order it off drugstore.com. Really glad I took the gamble and also they had a buy one get one free special so now have 2 huge bottles which will last forever and such a bargain. Mainly the only drugstore lotion I have ever liked is Johnson & Johnson Body Care line in the Melt Away Stress or 24 hour scents. I don't ahve super dry skin so for me they are perfect in that they smell great and sink right into your skin like a drink of water with a fresh cooling sensation. Most lotions are somewhat heavy or greasy and you really hav eto rub this in. Anyhow hate that the Johnson Lotion is pretty creamy and the bottles suck as atleast 30% of the product get's wasted as it won't go to the bottom of the bottle. My current HG has Lavanilla Body Butter but considering it is $25 a tube I wanted to find a cheaper alternative to use after my showers in the morning to slather on and not feel guilty about going through too fast lol. So come this moisturizer, was in love the second I got it in the mail. As it leaves my skin feeling super hydrated, is super emolliant so you don't need to slather on too much product to feel moisturized, sinks right into your skin adn feels so cooling, and finally hsa the most intoxicating lime organge smell. I had been using the Hawaiin Tropics After Sun Lime Coolada Lotion for years as I do enjoy the tropical smells but instea dof it smelling like lime it is jsut one of thos heavy too coconuty type smells that really ended up making me natuious after years of use and also that formula was very heavy and felt like a body butter aka too much time to rub in. Love this Ocean Potion and will contniue to use it for years now, plus the bottles will last forever! :)