October 31, 2014 | 1207 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Hyper Real Press Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 12:21:00 AM More reviews by babielylien

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG! This is my HG of any powder foundation! I love it, it gives me a nice glow, I feel I don't even need a high lighter. I have dry skin so it doesn't make me look oily.This is absolutly perfect! I am just so sad it is discontiued=(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2009 5:44:00 PM More reviews by laureg

How I love this stuff! I use the extra light, which is perfect for my pale skin. The powder makes my face look absolutely flawless and radiant and gives my skin an amazing glow. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2008 7:30:00 PM More reviews by sayakka

i got this one in rose..guess it's a limited shade. i wanted a blot powder that i can use for touch up, but blot powder cake on me in the winter.MA recommeded me this powder that has some sparkles. well..the sparkles didnt show on the face nor does it do anything to enhance my mkup..for a dewy look i like iridecent loose powder better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2008 6:50:00 PM More reviews by bv711

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is love.....like most reviewers, it gave me the same dewy glow. It has just enough brightness to liven you up. I'm an NC40 and use the medium. It's just a light dusting of coverage for me but its enough--I don't have a T-zone issue nor an oil problem at all. Worn alone (which I do even when I'm just home) after moisturizing is just heavenly. Compared to the mineralize skinfinish duo (I wear the Med. Dk), HRPP is much more subtle and doesn't appear as heavy. I highly recommend, and would purchase again and again-which seems very soon since I've been abusing this powder for about a week now!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2008 9:51:00 AM More reviews by kaiyacarrier

Love the way this makes your skin look so glowy. Great for setting concealers and foundations. Only problem is I got this in Medium (I'm an NC40-42) which suits me in the winter, but it too light in the summer...And Medium is the darkest colour I've seen them carry. Boo. So I just use it to highlight during my darker months because I love it, love it, love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2008 1:37:00 AM More reviews by LightsInSorrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hyper Real Pressed is one of my favorite makeup products, ever. I've always gotten compliments on my skin, but this powder makes it look PERFECT- flawless, glowy, and well-rested. I refuse to wear foundation, so I normally wear Select Cover-Up under my eyes topped with Select Sheer Pressed all over, but I find that when I wear Hyper Real Pressed, it reflects enough light (in a subtle- not glitzy- way) so that it is forgiving enough for me to skip concealer altogether. I just dust this on top of my moisturizer or sunscreen with a 134 brush everywhere except my forehead and nose, which is wear I tend to get a little oily. I use Blot or Select Sheer on those areas instead and touch up with a dusting of Blot throughout the day since I only reapply powder to my T-zone. This is what I often wear on my off days, aside from mascara, brow powder, and lip balm, because it makes me look much better than I actually do without taking more than 5 minutes out of my day. The shade I use is Medium, which is rather forgiving since I can range between NC30 and NC40 in Select Sheer depending on the time of year. However, I must add that Hyper Real Pressed looks best on skin that is already pretty smooth as it does contain fine light-reflecting shimmer that would therefore enhance any texture present on the skin. It imparts a beautiful effect on the skin that I call my "fake dewy" look, which I love but others (like super oily-skinned women) may not. Other than that, it's a great product that I've used for a while and will continue to use on myself and keep in my kit for use on clients. It is perfect as a skin-enhancer for those who don't ever bother with foundation as well a setting powder for those who do wear foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2007 2:43:00 PM More reviews by kcielo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When I first got this powder, I was so in love with it. For reference, I have combo skin and wear NC 42-43, so I got the Medium Hyper Real pressed powder. I took pictures of myself with my phone and my camera after I put the powder on and my face looked flawless and glowy. However, I have quite a t-zone issue all year round, and for daily touch-up purposes, it is not really the ideal powder for me. I will still purchase it again because I love how my face looks in pictures with it on. If you are not oily and have nice skin, I would definitely recommend this powder for daily use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2007 9:04:00 PM More reviews by miranets

For reference - skintone NC30 medium yellow undertones, some ruddiness, sometimes oily and congested skin, oily t-zone.

This powder has a very similar tone in the palette to MSF Global glow bar the veining and extreme glitter, and with slightly more yellow. I think it suits me more as a delicate "bronzer" or even for sculpting the face. I only apply this with a light hand otherwise ends up looking slightly orange. Perhaps the Light shade would have been more suitable, being described as more yellow than warm.

Has very sheer silver shimmers, coverage is sheer but buildable. I would imagine someone with smooth non-problem skin to suit such powders, as it has the potential to catch into pores and magnify existing problems. Has very little oil controling powers, I use on top of a powder primer, and if using other stick/liquid products a silicon primer.

Even with my yellow undertones, I feel that such toned products create a slightly baked look on my face. I still prefer true gold/yellow powders, at least they do not oxidise by the end of the day and ashen the complexion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2007 3:50:00 PM More reviews by beaniewienie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this powder so much! The Lavender brightens up my complexion w/o looking like purple powder. Very subtle glow & works really well on my combo/oily/aging skin. I have it in Light (light yellow tone) & the white one, which is beautiful for a subtle highlight w/o looking powdery & dry. I'm an NC15-20. These are wonderful, $20 & I wish that they would carry them in the regular Stores, so that more people could try them!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2007 4:16:00 PM More reviews by star_s_l_b

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

How I wanted to love this stuff, but alas, it wasn't meant to be. To me, it sounded like a cool product and it is, it's just not suitable for my extremely pale, slightly oily skin. I bought mine in "light" and it is very yellow, too yellow for me. There was an obvious line where the hyper real stopped and my real skin began. It also seemed to cake up and it made my pores look like saucers. If you have normal to dry skin w/golden undertones, this would be awesome.