September 23, 2014 | 1926 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Born Lippy - Satsuma Shimmer Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Annisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm really in the middle with this lip balm. There's things some things I really like about it and some things I hate about it. Let's start with what I like. It's actually very moisturizing. It makes my lips feel really soft. The subtle shimmer and gloss appearance is nice. The packaging is cute and convenient, maybe not super sanitary though. It's small enough to fit anywhere and it's fairly inexpensive; especially if you get it on sale, and the body shop has sales all the time. What I don't like is the weird chemical/plastic undertone to the scent and flavor. Don't get this in your mouth. It's got a really disgusting taste. It also doesn't really last a long time on my lips. It wears off pretty quickly. I wouldn't repurchase this because this balm didn't really stand out to me. There's thousands of balms and lip products so I shouldn't have a problem finding one I like better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by liplover98

I normally hate satsuma smelling stuff but I love this!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by etteilbuO

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not a big fan of the scent, it smells a bit off to me and a tad overwhelming. Slightly citrus but not quite. For that reason it has lasted me a long time since I opened it. But making up my mind to use it so it won't go to waste I am actually a little impressed with it. The smell still bothers me, but the fact is that it is quite moisturizing. Better than the dragon fruit one. It's very pasty so it doesn't feel oily and slippery, and doesn't linger forever. It's actually absorbed, which at least to me is a good feeling. It looks rather nice too, with it's little shimmering touch. But the smell, oh the smell... the smell is the only reason why I wouldn't buy it again. Being my first 'born lippy' balm I will probably try another scent, hopint it keeps the formula.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Sarah1325

For myself I usually hate cirtus scents but this is the exception! I love the smell. The shimmer? Meh don't care either way. Doesn't hydrate the best but it isn't drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Katie411

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this balm and seem to get it in the Autumn time when I start feeling festive. I love the smell, taste and sparkle. It looks lovely on my lips for a day time easy wearing hint of something nice. I'm about re buy one in the next couple of days.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2012 2:49:00 AM More reviews by shopaholic14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Its quite an ok lip balm...I really like the fragrance but not fond of the shimmer. The golden shimmer looks yelllowish on my pigmented lips...quite wierd. It keeps my lips soft and moisturised for a while but then they feel dry after a couple of hrs. I wouldn't buy this lip balm again tho I like other fragrances of TBS lip balm.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by SanjediMasta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I hate the smell - too artificial smelling for me, reminds me of childrens cough syrup. The shimmer is kinda cheap and tacky looking. I do love the other scents I have tried but this one was awful. Obviously you are not supposed to eat it but when its on my lips the smell and 'flavour' are very off-putting and nasty.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by jeckapah

I've got this as a birthday gift from a friend together with BornLippy-Cool Mint Lip Balm.

I never use lipstick or lipgloss, so everytime I have to use make up in any occasion, I use the Satsuma Shimmer for my lips. It's lighter than lipstick, glittery as lipgloss, but with more benefit inside, since it's a lip balm. :D It looks natural either pretty as a make up part. I love natural look! Because of it, I always go with this Satsuma Shimmer everytime. My prom night last year, any weddings, any birthday parties, and hang out times.

Satsuma smell's fresh. Love this product, but not sure to buy again. I want to try another fruit! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by FauxChic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm not to fond of the smell,it's very strong and "all up in my face" once I apply. It has a slight shimmer which isn't so apparent on my lips but has somewhat of a sheen due to it's glossy nature. I much prefer the consistency of this particular flavour/shade than the other ones, this is less soft so you use less, but I don't think I will repurchase, it really didn't do anything for my lips but look ever so slightly peach-y and glossy for the time being, I'd recommend investing in The Body Shop Lip Butters - they're much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2011 9:09:00 AM More reviews by lilmissprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This smells lovely. I love the smell but not the shimmer thing. It makes my lips look greyish. I hate the packaging. have to dig it with my finger, messy! It does moisturize my lips well.