November 27, 2014 | 1471 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Intuition

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oooh, so lovely for a woman who doesn't like anything too floral, overly sweet or citrusy. If you are like me and tend to go for woodsy/spice/oriental and want to try something different, I suggest this. This would be perfect for spring or summer, it's more "upbeat" than most of my favorite perfumes (Tabu, Knowing, Imari, Obsession, etc.) but still fits in the family of scents my skin seems to blend well with.

It starts out citrusy and like Rainkissed Leaves (B&BW type scent). Then it warms to my skin, the wet green scent fades and I smell a bit of bergamot and floral. Scent description reads the florals as freesia, rose delight and gardenia petals. The flowers are very soft and warm. I really enjoyed Sheer Freesia from BBW becuase it was soft and "warm", and the floral smells similar to that. The wood and amber notes are perfect, not too strong or masculine, nor do they over power the blend.

Guess Seductive smells very similar to Estee Lauder's Intuition, but more sweet/youthful. I also have it in my collection and enjoy it as well.

This is a perfect blend of citrus, floral, and warm notes. So happy I took the time to try out all the scents at the EL counter, what a pleasant surprise!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Kellergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yuck. Smells like a cross between an expired bathroom cleaner and cigarette smoke. I have never been a fan of EL fragrances, but this one is the worst!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by shanx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately this reacted hideously on my skin. The result was a cumin, laced BO effect. Truly dreadful.
I thought perhaps my bottle was off so I checked at the EL counter's tester. Nope it is just bad on me.
I see it has many loyal fans so I will chalk this up into the category that may work for some but DEFINITELY not for others.
Pity I was given a large bottle....I am sure one of my friends will be happy with the re-gift;-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a little sad about this one. It smells great in the bottle -- creamy, vanilla-ish, heady, romantic, sensual, sweet-ish -- it smells great when my office manager wears it (from whom I discovered this fragrance) & it smells great on my mom (because I gave it to her since I can't wear it much myself), but on me it smells noticeably less lovely. I call my chemistry 'irritable' because so few scents mix well with me, way too many scents that smell great on other ppl. This smells ok on me but much better on everybody else lol. I would buy it again however (for my mom) & in a smaller size bottle. The 1.7oz spray bottle my mom just finished last week took 8 years to use up! It dries down very soft & inviting & wears a long time, so it's not overwhelming or overbearing to sensitive noses.
I never liked the bottle, though -- it reminds me of an egg. lol

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2009 5:11:00 AM More reviews by Indira76

Very nice scent, it more of a womans scent rather than a girls scent. It is great for special occasions. This is my boyfriend's favorite fragrance. He tends to gravitate more towards classy fragrances. I do love the fragrance, but I do not wear it as much because I got tired of it.

Scent Type: Floral Oriental- Fresh
Notes: Wet green leaves, Amber (glowing)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2009 9:17:00 PM More reviews by kristeneve

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A lovely scent but if you use even the slightest bit too much it will give you a horrible headache!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2009 8:11:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

I really love this fragrance. The bottle is too cute, it's a round shape with a light yellow liquid, and an orange "teardrop" shape behind it. The fragrance is rich, but not over powering. It's a great day scent. It is soft, feminine. There's a warmth to it. An oriental scent. The notes are:

Top Notes

* Amber
* Warm-Skin Accord
* Precious Woods

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

My first time trying this was a GWP mini bottle. It's more subdued than most EL perfumes. This smells wonderful right out of the bottle and fades to a light amber scent. The more I wore it the more I liked it and I ended up purchasing a larger bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 4:46:00 AM More reviews by LovelyNo5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I must say I totally agree with the reviewer below, sunshine824. This is a lovely, soft, inviting and sensual vanilla scent. I have a miniature of this that I received at some point, I can't remember when. I don't think I tried it on when I got it, it just ended up in my box of perfumes to be forgotten for a long, long time. Then I stumbled upon it a month ago or so and decided to try it. I was surprised to find that I really, really like it. It's warm, but not cloying. It's sweet in a sensual, sunny way and yet it has a wonderful depth of amber. Those of you who like Ormonde Jayne's Tolu and Guerlain's L'Instant would probably like this one also. Intuition is slightly brighter than those two, but equally warm and multi-faceted to never be boring.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2008 5:13:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

Intuition is a well balanced vanilla floral for WOMEN! Most sweet vanilla fragrances are tooooooo candy/pudding/ice cream like for my skin and make me feel like I'm trying to smell like a teenager or they just make me feel sick. :-x

This one, however, is well balanced enough that it satisfies my "sweet tooth" without being little girly or cloying. The florals in this really save it and make it warm, inviting, feminine, and sensual. It also smells "well made" which I can't say for most vanilla fragrances and many florals. Intuition can *possibly* be worn year round, but I'd be careful about spraying too liberally in warm weather. It dries down soft and sweet, but "soft and sweet" in cool weather can be "stifling and nauseating" when warm.

Another plus is that it's an Estee Lauder - which means you never have to worry about it fading too soon or being so soft that others can't smell it. You definitely get your money's worth.

If you'd like something a little on the sweet and warm side but can't wear most cotton candy/vanilla fragrances -or- if you're a grown woman and worry about sweet scents coming off as too childish - give this one a try.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No