July 31, 2014 | 2116 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Intuition

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Kellergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yuck. Smells like a cross between an expired bathroom cleaner and cigarette smoke. I have never been a fan of EL fragrances, but this one is the worst!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by shanx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately this reacted hideously on my skin. The result was a cumin, laced BO effect. Truly dreadful.
I thought perhaps my bottle was off so I checked at the EL counter's tester. Nope it is just bad on me.
I see it has many loyal fans so I will chalk this up into the category that may work for some but DEFINITELY not for others.
Pity I was given a large bottle....I am sure one of my friends will be happy with the re-gift;-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a little sad about this one. It smells great in the bottle -- creamy, vanilla-ish, heady, romantic, sensual, sweet-ish -- it smells great when my office manager wears it (from whom I discovered this fragrance) & it smells great on my mom (because I gave it to her since I can't wear it much myself), but on me it smells noticeably less lovely. I call my chemistry 'irritable' because so few scents mix well with me, way too many scents that smell great on other ppl. This smells ok on me but much better on everybody else lol. I would buy it again however (for my mom) & in a smaller size bottle. The 1.7oz spray bottle my mom just finished last week took 8 years to use up! It dries down very soft & inviting & wears a long time, so it's not overwhelming or overbearing to sensitive noses.
I never liked the bottle, though -- it reminds me of an egg. lol

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2009 5:11:00 AM More reviews by Indira76

Very nice scent, it more of a womans scent rather than a girls scent. It is great for special occasions. This is my boyfriend's favorite fragrance. He tends to gravitate more towards classy fragrances. I do love the fragrance, but I do not wear it as much because I got tired of it.

Scent Type: Floral Oriental- Fresh
Notes: Wet green leaves, Amber (glowing)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2009 9:17:00 PM More reviews by kristeneve

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A lovely scent but if you use even the slightest bit too much it will give you a horrible headache!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2009 8:11:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

I really love this fragrance. The bottle is too cute, it's a round shape with a light yellow liquid, and an orange "teardrop" shape behind it. The fragrance is rich, but not over powering. It's a great day scent. It is soft, feminine. There's a warmth to it. An oriental scent. The notes are:

Top Notes

* Amber
* Warm-Skin Accord
* Precious Woods

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

My first time trying this was a GWP mini bottle. It's more subdued than most EL perfumes. This smells wonderful right out of the bottle and fades to a light amber scent. The more I wore it the more I liked it and I ended up purchasing a larger bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 4:46:00 AM More reviews by LovelyNo5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I must say I totally agree with the reviewer below, sunshine824. This is a lovely, soft, inviting and sensual vanilla scent. I have a miniature of this that I received at some point, I can't remember when. I don't think I tried it on when I got it, it just ended up in my box of perfumes to be forgotten for a long, long time. Then I stumbled upon it a month ago or so and decided to try it. I was surprised to find that I really, really like it. It's warm, but not cloying. It's sweet in a sensual, sunny way and yet it has a wonderful depth of amber. Those of you who like Ormonde Jayne's Tolu and Guerlain's L'Instant would probably like this one also. Intuition is slightly brighter than those two, but equally warm and multi-faceted to never be boring.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2008 5:13:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

Intuition is a well balanced vanilla floral for WOMEN! Most sweet vanilla fragrances are tooooooo candy/pudding/ice cream like for my skin and make me feel like I'm trying to smell like a teenager or they just make me feel sick. :-x

This one, however, is well balanced enough that it satisfies my "sweet tooth" without being little girly or cloying. The florals in this really save it and make it warm, inviting, feminine, and sensual. It also smells "well made" which I can't say for most vanilla fragrances and many florals. Intuition can *possibly* be worn year round, but I'd be careful about spraying too liberally in warm weather. It dries down soft and sweet, but "soft and sweet" in cool weather can be "stifling and nauseating" when warm.

Another plus is that it's an Estee Lauder - which means you never have to worry about it fading too soon or being so soft that others can't smell it. You definitely get your money's worth.

If you'd like something a little on the sweet and warm side but can't wear most cotton candy/vanilla fragrances -or- if you're a grown woman and worry about sweet scents coming off as too childish - give this one a try.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2008 12:42:00 PM More reviews by silatan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I started wearing this perfume when I was 17 and still living with my parents. My mother has a very sensitive nose and has never been fond of very floral, sweet perfumes. She had a sample of this from a magazine and told me she really liked it. She bought some for herself and ended up giving the rest to me. Five years later, it's my signature scent. There's never been a day when I DON'T get complimented, by women and men, while I'm wearing it. The only downside? I can't smell it on myself anymore. But I figure if strangers are telling me how good I smell - it must still be wonderful! Now my friends call it the "Natalie smell", even if they notice it on another woman. Can't beat that!