September 24, 2014 | 1492 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cupcake Mask

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2014 6:38:00 AM More reviews by nicolewo

I got this as a raok in my first Lush online order. I love the smell (chocolate with a hint of mint) and it feels lovely on. It does make my skin feel a bit smoother, particularly on my forehead. But I can't say it has lessened the oil on my face or my breakouts, in fact my face seems a little shinier after I use it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by miamiamay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

***3.5 rating***
I have pretty oily skin, very sensitive, with lots of little white/blackheads, and a couple big red blemishes. I've tried Lush's Cosmetic Warrior and my skin really liked it, but the smell was very... strong. This is recommended for "teenage skin" and is supposed to calm acne and help mattify skin.

To start, I know a lot of people don't like the smell, but I think it smells delicious- like a Thin Mint! (after using Cosmetic Warrior, this smells 1000% better). The product is decently thick, but it's workable if you play with it a bit before applying. I don't use a whole lot, so I've gotten about 3 uses out of it so far and I'm little less than half way done with the pot. For $7, I think the masks are a good deal ;)

That being said, I've used it a bunch of times and my skin "likes it". I use it at night, but I notice the next day I'm not *as* shiny as I normally am. This has NOT broken me out which is a plus and I break out with everything. In terms of pimples, the mask definitely "brings up" stuff, which is expected, but they go away faster. This hasn't made my existing white/blackheads go away, but the mask is very soothing to the skin. That being said, I'm probably going to go back to Cosmetic Warrior for the "acne clearing" benefits.
If you have mild acne and oily skin, this is a great mask at a decent price. It's definitely worth a shot- and it smells good!

UPDATE: after using 3 more times for another week, this mask brought up 4 new red zits :( This irritated me unfortunately.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by rachwalt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Great mask! I have combination skin with the occasional blemish, and this stuff worked well to calm/soothe the redness and pain of my pimples. The SA at Lush recommended this as I am a teenager and the mask is geared towards teenage skin. The first time I used this, I wasn't impressed; my face was soft but even after a few days my pimples were in their original state. I used it again tonight (helpful hint: wash off in SHOWER!) and it was a big difference! It left my face feeling soft and refreshed.
I am not extremely fond of the smell but it is surely tolerable and that wouldn't stop me from buying.
TIPS: When I washed this off at the sink it clogged it and even after some water cleansing it left a brown residue. Again, wash off in the shower for excellent results, and make sure you wash your face before using!

I'm a big lush fan so I definitely would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by nessav06

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mask was great! It felt so nice to use and it really was a necessity when I was breaking out. The consistency was extremely thick and I didn't like that since I wound have to use a lot of product to spread it all over my face. A pot of this lasted me for about 4-5 use since it was so thick, but it really did give good results. I have no problems with the pot packaging since I do prefer my masks in those pots (Lush also has a great deal with how you bring back 5 black pots and get a free fresh face mask of your choice) because it's easier to get the product out especially for this since it was so thick and it was easy to monitor how much you have left and sort divide it so there's enough for another use or not. This mask is probably my favourite out of their fresh face mask. I would repurchase this but I really want to try every mask they have first.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by mi55bonnie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this mask for free because I bring back 5 empty pot. I think it's quite pricey tho especially in Singapore. First time I tried it, wow it's amazing. It really does calm some of my pimples. I already use it twice now by once a week. I don't know how often you can use this mask. Is it once a week, twice or is it safe for everyday use? But it's only good for about a month. The only complaint I have is that it can get a little thick and hard to apply. It smell like chocolate.
I apply it for 10-15 minutes then removed with water.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by aimeeblack

Applying it and taking it off was easy, the product itself seemed welcoming, but I can honestly say this was the worst face mask I've ever used.
I usually love lush... but I haven't broken out this bad in years!
Never will I ever think "What's the harm" when buying a new face mask because I am sure paying the price now with my entire cheek covered in acne.
As soon as I took off the mask I noticed little red bumps forming

DO NOT BUY THIS. YOU WILL REGRET IT.
I paid way too much for this only to break out.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by CranberryCherry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the smell of this cupcake face mask! It smells of chocolate and mint. I have to say though that it does not help anything with my acnes. If not, it actually make it worse. Im not sure if this product that make it worse. I started to get more acnes and my face condition is worst than it has ever been with a lot of fresh acnes. I will try the Cosmetic Warrior next. I will definitely not purchase this as it does not help anything with my acne prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by laurentaylor88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I buy this mask monthly. I use it pretty much every night, and usually longer than the 10-minute time period the tub specifies. It leaves my skin feeling soft, and calms and inflamed blemishes I may have. It also seems to even my skin tone out a bit. Good price for what it does, it's just a bummer it's only good for about a month. The only complaint I have is that it can get a little thick and hard to apply, I just add a few drops of water when that happens. There are also chunks of something in it that I find bothersome when I'm trying to apply the mask evenly. Otherwise, just fine.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Gretalin

Doesn't do anything to me but it's a decent mask. Smells good.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 9:12:00 AM More reviews by emmab6756

I like to get this free when I take back all the empty pots of Big shampoo! I think it is well priced though even if purchased outright. I like the texture and certainly feel that it calms the redness in my skin and helps to combat breakouts in my congested areas. I agree with others that it stinks but I don't find it too much. It is a fake chocolaty mint smell so have a sniff in store before you buy...if you can smell it above all the other smells in the shop!!!