LUSH Cupcake Mask

3.6

Rhassoul Mud, Linseed Infusion, Glycerine, Talc, Cocoa Powder, Cocoa Butter, Fresh Mint, Sandalwood Oil, Vanilla Absolute, Spearmint Oil, Peppermint Oil, Perfume

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Indulgence mask deluxe!

+ Smells so nice, you'll have to fight the urge to taste it. (Do fight that urge, though.)
+ Super mattifying - odds are that you'll love this if you have oily skin. A lush employee even said it was somewhat targeted at teens who suffer from oily skin with impurities.
+ Not harsh on skin, and didn't break me out
+ Fun product! Who doesn't want chocolate over your face? Strikes me as a fun gift, sort of a novelty. Perhaps to someone who's not usually that into masks?

- Simply not the perfect mask for my skin type (combination skin). As nice as it is to use, there are masks at Lush much better suited for me.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

The cupcake face mask is a power house and I love it, as with mask of mag I find this a bit drying but it's a real treat to use and you'll feel fresh and lovely after and the skin clearing effects are a huge plus!

I got this mask for free when returning five pots to LUSH. I chose it for its name alone! This is a lovely mask and I would repurchase. I used it specifically yesterday as I could feel a spot coming on my chin (the result of overindulging over Christmas) and today it doesn't feel like the spot will breakout so a point to the mask! I did however use it in conjunction with LUSH A Cup of Coffee (a LUSH face) so maybe it was this double whammy that worked on the spot! Either way I'm glad I picked this mask to try.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After using this product just once I noticed a difference in the way my skin looked and felt, its very softening and calms down redness, I applied this 20mins-30mins before I put my make up on and it went on so nicely. On the packaging it says how its made of oily and teenager skin and I defiantly agree, it almost absorbs all the oil and rubbish in your skin! I believe it's around £6.90 and if the product ever increased in price then it wouldn't stop me from buying it, completely obsessed! I am in love with this product and recommend it to people will all skin types. I use it 1-2 times per week and always see such a different in make up application and also how my skin looks. Great product, highly recommend.

I've only used this product twice and I feel I may need to dump it. Worked pretty well in regards to oil ( very short term results) but left me both times with red, inflamed and painful spots on my chin, which I don't regularly get. They don't form a head and throb with pain. I wrote it off the first time but when I used the mask the second time I figured it wasn't just my skin acting up. I'm curious as to what in the mask is causing such painful spots that I wouldn't usually get.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I looooove Chocolate but hate the Cupacake mask. I bought it because of my love for chocolate. I have acne on the sides of my cheek and my T zone is absolutely clear and I have neve had issued on my cheeks..always just the sides. Now after using this mask even my healthy skin parts were red and not to speak of the parts where the acne is ..compeletelt inflamed!! :( I am completely in love with cup o coffee, rosy cheeks, oatfix, love lettuce and catastrophe :).. but this one is an absolute no go for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Ok... I'm officially in love with this mask. As a 23-year-old with oily skin and estrogen dominance (hence hormonal acne) this is such a find for me. Smells like chocolate frosting, goes on wonderfully, doesn't dry overly stiff, and washes off to a great finish. I can definitely see a skin improvement the morning after I use this stuff. I'll be re purchasing as long as Lush makes it!

Okay I have a really strange relationship with this facemask. I LOVE the smell, the way it feels on my skin- its thick yet smooth (perfect consistency imo) and so cooling if you apply as soon as it comes out of the fridge. I love that it doesn't dry hard, it dries without turning flaky or being uncomfortably tight.

HOWEVER, I don't feel like this does much for my skin, it doesn't worsen it and it feels refreshed when I take it off but theres not a dramatic difference like I'll see when using say origins charcoal mask or the lush mask of magnaminty.

I wish this had more spot zapping ingredients in it because this mask has the potential to be so great!!

If all youre looking for in a mask is one you can slather on and feel pampered and refreshed after using or one you can apply at sleepovers for a fun night then I'd highly reccommend this, despite it not doing much for my skin I'm always excited to use it and smell it on my face for 20 minutes!!

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Been through about 6 tubs of this stuff. The smell is just divine! I don't even like the taste of chocolate but this minty chocolate smell is divine to put on your face. I have combo skin and I really feel like it does keep excess oil at bay but however this is quite drying in areas of my face like the cheeks so I just have to put extra moisturizer on, sometimes I just use this in my tzone. The only reason it doesn't get 5 stars is because I find myself only needing to use this twice a week and because it goes off I never finish it on time. They should put less in pot and charge less. The way i deal with this is I often share with my mum and it works out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

For reference, I have combo/oily skin that is acne-prone
Pros:
-It smells soo good ! (Think Thin Mints but with a stronger chocolate scent rather than mint)
-Cooling/felt nice (You're supposed to keep this in the fridge so when I'd put it on, it'd feel cool and refreshing)
-Made my skin feel super smooth and soft
-Good price point

Cons:
-Breaks me out

I really wanted to love this mask but I noticed after the 2nd time I used it that around my chin and jaw area it broke me out :( (I think because of the mint and other oils) So unfortunately, I can't use it.

Popular Masks