LUSH Cupcake Mask

3.6

Rhassoul Mud, Linseed Infusion, Glycerine, Talc, Cocoa Powder, Cocoa Butter, Fresh Mint, Sandalwood Oil, Vanilla Absolute, Spearmint Oil, Peppermint Oil, Perfume

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

best face mask ever! period.

i also recommend brazened honey!

on 5/29/2015 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I tried this product after hearing all the rave reviews online and in my Lush store. I have slightly oily skin and this is suppose to control oil and breakouts.

I found that this mask didn't really do much for me, I was oily again after an hour or so. For the 3 weeks I used it I still got breakouts, using it 2 times a week.

I also don't think it smells very nice.. Smells a bit off to me, not like cupcakes or chocolate.

Would not repurchase as there are other masks from lush that suit my skin more.

on 4/16/2015 5:06:00 AM

I have no idea if it's the actual face mask or there was some problem because it wasn't fresh or something but it was horribly gross.

Firstly the ingridients weren't well combined together so the oil was running literally everywhere, the smell was terrible it smelled like this mask was sitting somewhere hot since 1 year or something.

The packing was cute and handy before opening it because that's when the product starting getting caught in the close part so it would run everywhere out of the pot.

It was way to gross for me to use so I through it all out before even trying it! The smell was just ugggh...

This isn't the first lush product I've used, I love all the bath things and all of that but the fresh face masks never work out with me.

Definitely a no for this product and if you do tend to want to buy this product check it before buying it. ;)

Please let me know if you have had these kinds of problems with this face mask. I would really want to know.

Email: elise_barbier@yahoo.com

on 4/4/2015 4:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I've been using this product every couple of days on my face for about 10 - 15 minutes before I go to bed and found a slight change in my skin. At first it got rid of a few pores around my nose but after my second use I started getting dry skin and patches of my face went quite dry and flakey.

I would only recommend this to people who have extremely oily skin and for those who don't I would only apply a thin layer so as not to completely dry out your skin. Overall I don't think I would buy this product again as it only came in a small pot and was quite expensive for what it was.

on 3/31/2015 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Nothing special. Mask of magnaminty is way better and helps your skin appear better over time. This..... I didnt reallt know what to do with it because it didnt really pul out all the gunk from my skin, all it did was pull out a bit of gunk (there's a difference lol) and mattify my face (quick tip: use only if you're oily). Sooo, since i didnt want to really take it back since it was a few dollars and keeping it woukd help me get my 5 empty jars I needed for a free cleanser, I used this when I'd come home from school or work and my face was oily and I needed to go out that night and thus needed to redo my makeup (there is no worse feeling than taking off your makeup and then caking on some more, its like skin-abuse). So what i'd do and was the only thing i could do with this product is I'd wash all my day makeup, apply this mask for 30 mins, allow it to calm my skin, pull out some gunk and mattify, then i moisturized with gorgeous (lush moisturizer) and tea tree toner (lush toner) and give it some time to soak in and then apply my night makeup.

Now some of you might ask "well why dont you just use mask of magnaminty after u take of your day makeup and then go to do your night makeup?" Well the reason is because mask of magnaminty is that type of mask that I use when im having a "pamper night", it really sucks out all the gunk so in the morning when i wake up, my face it glowing (its what i use to rejuvinate my skin).

So yaa, would i buy cupcake mask again? NOPE. It works no better than a regular drugstore mask and i see no long term effects with cupcake mask so drugstore will have to do!

this was my first time trying this product, the pros of it to me are.....it smells delicious,it has this fresh feel when i apply it on my face, afterwards it has your skin feeling tingly and smooth. the cons for me were the aftermath of trying to wash off the mask. its def hard to wash off, so i would recommend putting this on before the shower in the morning/night. other then that i loved it. its perfect for my skin type, i would def buy this again. =)

on 3/10/2015 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This was my first foray into Lush masks after I received it as a gift. I like to use this when my pores are congested or during the time I have hormonal breakouts - really helps to clear up any blackheads and calm any emerging pimples. This mask is harder to spread especially after refrigeration so I had to let it warm to room temperature a bit before applying. It's a mud mask with a very thick consistency and it looks and smells like chocolate fudge. The mint and sandalwood oils add an herbal kick to the overall fragrance and leaves my skin feeling tingly and very squeaky clean after rinsing. Very messy to rinse off, so I usually like to use this prior to hopping in the shower. My skin is more normal to dry, so I tend to need to apply an oil or more heavy duty moisturizer after this mask. I definitely recommend using a toner too for removing any leftover residue.

on 3/4/2015 6:39:00 PM

I have n't got sensitive skin but it mask had a burning feeling and left my face red.

on 2/17/2015 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am not a fan of this mask. I bought it back when I had very oily skin, hoping to balance everything out and decongest my skin. The mask itself is very thick and so hard to spread onto the face. I suspect mine may have been slightly dried out because it was thick and dry to the point where chunks were falling off my face. As far as what it did, I didn't notice much other than some drying out of my face. It wasn't very effective on my skin, although I did appreciate the temporary soaking of oils. Above all that I disliked about this mask was the smell. I think it was even worse than it virtually doing nothing. I feel like this is a hit-or-miss smell, with people either loving it or hating it. Unfortunately, I was in the latter category. Over all here's what I think: I can see certain people loving this mask, but I just didn't.

on 2/16/2015 2:55:00 PM

The consistency of the mask is far too thick for it to be easily spread over the face. There were chunks of exfoliants that made this process even harder.

In terms of having any sort of lasting effect on the skin, I could see or feel none. This, coupled with the fact that the scent was obnoxious and the mask was uncomfortable to use, made me really unhappy with this mask. :(

Popular Masks