Lise Watier Rouge Gourmand - Ginger Bread

3.8

on 3/17/2011 11:08:00 PM

Pretty colour, kind of sheer, lasts well :)

on 3/22/2009 2:49:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I wear this lipstick a lot. I find that Lise Watier lipsticks, especially the Gourmand line is so delightfully wearable. They smooth lip lines, stay on a good length of time without being drying and I have no need for liner as they don't smudge. They are firm in the tube so you don't have to be too delicate when applying and said tube is gorgeous to look at. They smell fantastic, thus the "gourmand" name.

Ginger Bread was on my Xmas list, along with some Clinique Buttershines, but it's this one that I wear the most because of both the shade and the lasting power. I can wear it to work and not have to reapply every hour. The shade, on my NC 15 skin, is a medium pinky coral with a slight shimmer, just enough to gloss the lips, but not too much. It's bright, but light and thus it looks great with dark eyeliner and peachy cheeks, like Mac Melba or Cheek. It brightens my skin and makes my eyes sparkle.

For reference I have dark hair, dark olive eyes and very fair, quite neutral skin. I would consider this a staple!

on 11/6/2008 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Like it a lot. I find it a rich bronzy shade on me, but i am particularly fair. Nice coverage, comfortable and pleasant smell.

on 9/8/2007 11:59:00 PM

Simply put, a wonderful neutral pale ginger color with a slight frost.

on 6/11/2004 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It applies very sheerly with a lip brush, with the very faintest shimmer, and comes out in the brownish family. When you apply straight from the tube, more color ends up on your lips. There are 23 shades (I know there's a Gelato, a Shortcake, a Sucre d'orge, and a Sorbet from the brochure) ... but what are they? (see my review for ordering LW cosmetics). I'm an MMM and doesn't show up that well on me but I want to try the Lip Shimmer - Citrus over it (as shown in the brochure); if it turns out well, I'll move the rating up from a 3. But this is not particularly fabu and I know I can find a color like this more easily.

Popular Lipsticks