Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream

4.2

INGREDIENTS: WATER,C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, GLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, OCTYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, DIMETHICONE, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, RETINOL, PANTHENOL, DISODIUM EDTA, TOCOPHEROL, CETEARYL GLUCOSIDE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, POLYSORBATE 20, TRIETHANOLAMINE, MRTHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, BHT, CARBOMER.

on 7/19/2015 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best product I have found for my wrinkles. I'm 55 and I do have a prescription for Retin-A however I find it too strong and my face gets red and peels even though I wait an hour after washing and don't use it every day. With Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-wrinkle I use it every day and I see the results in my skin. It does look healthy. It's very inexpensive so I was surprised that it works so great! I have used it for over a year now and will continue to use it. It has been much better than the more expensive brands.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I can feel the difference when I stop using it so for me at least there is skin smoothening for some of my fine lines.

Side effects do have a tingling even burning sensation with a medium amount of dryness. If I don't moisturise my skin would be a mess. This is not new information for regular retinol users but it might help newbies who're dipping their toes and might get alarmed.

on 6/26/2015 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

My review is for the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti Wrinkle cream/NIGHT. I only use it at night as a retinol product and not as a moisturizer, therefore I am not disappointed that it is not moisturizing enough for me. Even though I have mature, combo skin, I still need good moisturization and I don't rely on this product for that.

The way I look at the product is that it is a retinol with some moisturizing properties that may help it not be as drying or cause as much redness.

So the way I use it is at night, on cleansed, toned skin and after I have applied my DIY vitamin C serum and my BHA lotion, with time between the products to let them absorb, I apply this product, let it absorb and then apply a moisturizer.

Also, I would not use a retinol in the daytime because I live in Florida, and the sun diminishes the benefits of the retinol from my understanding.

A final note. The reason I only give it a 4 out of 5 is because I understand this is a drugstore product and not a medical grade retinoid. Therefore, I don't expect it to be able to give the same results as one. But I do feel it important to have a retinol product in my skincare, even if it is not medical grade.

I hope this review is helpful, because I think there were some recent changes to either this product or a change of its name, and these are just my opinions.

on 4/23/2015 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a good product, but if you have older dry skin I'd suggest this isn't strong enough to give skin that plumped up feeling of complete moisturization.

I was tired of spending so much on skin care and got suckered into this from all the good reviews on here but it was a huge mistake for me. If you have skin problems such as really dry and hyperpigmentation do not waste your time and money. I ended up with angry red sun spots and dry flakey spots it was awful. I got me some nars and it fixed everything pretty quickly but this was a bad experience. If you are very young with great skin then go for it but if you have problems don't do it, you will regret it.

This is absolutely a holy grail product for me.

I have sensitive, dry, fair skin that is prone to pigmentation and ruddiness. When I wake up the next day after applying the night before, my pores are smaller, tone is clearer, and redness is reduced. Makeup goes on easier and I need less of it.

This contains a weak form of retinol & tea extract (Camellia Sinensis). The formulation really agrees with my skin. I like that it provides results without being overly strong or harsh.

Will always repurchase this and hope it is never discontinued.

on 2/1/2015 8:29:00 PM

I just bought this last night and I don't want to speak too soon but so far it is amazing! I'm only 22 but I've had pretty prominent forehead wrinkles (I'm guessing they are genetic) since high school. Already my skin looks really dewy, smooth, and healthy after two uses. If this doesn't break me out I will definitely continue to purchase when I run out. Could be potential HG material. Very easy to find also. Got it at Walmart for around $13. Decently sized and clean, sanitary packaging. Fingers crossed!

on 1/31/2015 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

EDIT Aug.7,2015: Removed 1 lippie~I've had this for 7 months, and the chemical/sulfuric smell is horrid! Never noticed it before, and it shouldn't have gone bad already. It definitely causes some pimples.
ORIGINAL: Feels less moisturizing than Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Lotion, which surprises me. It makes my skin look a bit flat, and has caused a few pimples. Cream has retinol. Lotion has AHAs. I prefer the lotion - keeps my skin looking more radiant. But I like that the cream keeps my skin from looking oily throughout the day. It smells faintly of sunscreen, which I like. Dispenser is just a plain metal tube - not sanitary. I much prefer the lotion for the pump dispenser and cleaner feeling of the product on my skin.

on 1/28/2015 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my baby. When I was on accutane I couldn't use this because of the retinol and I'm soooooo happy to get back to it. It makes my skin soft and beautiful and smooth and reduces redness, and helps breakouts, and makes my makeup go on so smoothly, and I'm just in love. I've used countless drugstore moisturizers and this is my favourite. (Although, when I was on Accutane,' Nivea Daily Essentials Oil-Free Moisturizing Day Cream ' was the only thing that didn't irritate my skin and clog my pores.)

on 10/5/2014 9:06:00 AM

Edit: I stopped using this as spring approaches and the sun is stronger. It is thinning out my skin and a new spot appeared although I wear SPF 30 broad spectrum daily.

I've been using this for about a week now every night and it's evened my skin tone out a lot. A little age spot that's been very stubborn has disappeared. I have combination skin or at least I DID. This cream dries out your skin. I suppose it's the retinol. I wear another moisturizer over top of it at night and also my sunscreen doesn't look greasy anymore in the mornings but normal because my skin needs the moisture. That's fine with me as I don't need shine.