August 1, 2014 | 1007 users online

Treatments (Face) - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by adavi0140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Unfortunately, this broke me out. I was disappointed, since I had hoped that using a mild retinol product might actually help my acneic skin. The product was just ok otherwise. The texture felt heavy and slightly waxy on the skin. It was very rich. The metallic squeeze tube tore on the sides when I folded it to squeeze out the product. I woduld recommend only to someone not clog prone. As for its actual anti aging benefits I can't say, since I used it for no more than a week before it clogged me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 6:07:00 AM More reviews by PALEGRE3N

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have the SPF15 and the Night cream, both contain a significant amount of retinol and green tea extract and are very reasonably priced for what you get. Retinoids take a while to work and there is almost always an initial reaction (most commonly redness and purging of pores - this can mean acne & bumps) but long term effects will reduce acne and can slow down aging provided you use an adequate SPF. The SPF15 Wrinkle Cream does not provide adequate sun protection as it only contain 6% Octinoxate & 1% Ensulizole (it does contain titanium dioxide also but its listed in the inactive ingredients) which is really is not enough to rely on. You'd have to wear a higher broad spectrum SPF over top to prevent damage. Pity this doesn't have as good sunscreen as the Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair SPF30 (although this is more pricey & contains significantly less retinol than the Healthy Skin) but that aside, this moisturizer is full of goodness and is one of the best drugstore moisturizers you can buy for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2014 7:38:00 PM More reviews by VaniVan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just started using the neutrogena anti wrinkle cream with spf. Its been a week and while i have noticed a difference in the texture of my skin this cream gave me three huge hard bumbs on my chin. I stopped with the cream to get rid of the bumps with my sulphur oitment now im back with the neutrogena cream. Hope it fades the dark spots its responsible for because of the 3 painful bumps it left on my chin. But this cream has improved the texture and feel of my skin and smoothed out the redness on my cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by suggar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using this about 5 years ago and it has transformed my skin. Can't beat a good retinol cream for the price. Keeps pores smaller and skin looking fresh. I noticed how dull and "older" i looked once I ran out for a few days and stopped using it. I also tried the CVS brand and it didn't come close to this one, fyi on generics.

Will continue to use until I get alittle older and need a stronger retinol cream. So grateful I found this cream! It CHANGED my life. I never would have been consistent with a product had it not been for convenience of buying it and the cost being so reasonable.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2014 6:01:00 AM More reviews by NicoIcon999

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this along with the anti-wrinkle night cream. Unfortunately I broke out like crazy using this stuff. I wasn't crazy about the formula anyway. My skin didn't feel hydrated at all. I paid $17 for each cream and will be giving both to my sister. I should have just stuck with CeraVe moisturizing lotion, but I have the habit of testing the limits of my skin whenever I see it improving by introducing new products.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by yellowease

I have used this product on and off for almost 10 years. I began in highschool with youtube guru Michelle Phan first mentioned it! I always kick myself for trying other moisturizers because nothing is as worthy for my skin as this! My skin leans on the dry side especially in the winter and this moisturizer keeps my skin hydrated without looking greasy (this is so important to me).

I did knock off a lippie because it does not contain spf and even the spf version (which I originally used) is supposedly a different formula than the night version (FYI: THIS IS THE ORIGINAL VERSION.. IT WAS REPACKAGED AS NIGHT). Also, my eyelids are still dry but overall this is my favorite moisturizer. I use it night and day and it has helped me before even out my skin complexion, including hyperpigmentation.

I know others find the packaging particularly difficult but for me it is easier to control how much product comes out (except when it's nearing the end, then be extra careful because it looks somewhat dangerous!).

I hope Neutrogena NEVER discontinues this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by koridixon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've avoided moisturizers in the past because my skin is so oily, but really wanted to start taking better care of my skin after noticing small signs of aging. I've been using the Anti-wrinkle Night Moisturizer for about 3 months and I'm sold! I use it every morning after the shower. It's non greasy, absorbs quickly, and works well under my makeup. This stuff is wonderful. It has made my skin softer, smoother, and more even. I don't think I've had a single break out since I've been using it. Acne scars have faded drastically. My skin is less oily (which I hate to admit). Small lines around my eyes have diminished... And a line forming between my brows has plumped up. A few of my friends have even commented on how great my skin looks lately. Score!

The results may not be over night, but my skin is looking better and better with use - Unlike other more expensive anti-aging creams that have great results then stop working after a month. I'm only in my 20's, but I will definitely continue buying this until I feel the need for more drastic anti-aging treatments. The price is very reasonable too (less than $10 at Walmart), easily making it a new staple in my beauty routine.

I'm not sure how effective it would be for deeper lines and wrinkles. But for uneven skin or signs of early aging, it's for sure worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by gwinni

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This retinol treatment with vitamins offers results. Even better? It's more affordable than similar products and probably just as effective at combating the skin issues you're battling. I think it may even outperform similar products that cost twice the price and would recommend it to anyone who's unhappy with uneven skin texture, size of pores or early signs of aging. The packaging describes it as a nightly moisturizing cream "clinically proven to start to visibly reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and age spots in one week..." It's recommended that you apply a "pearl sized amount" each night. I was impressed at how quickly this made my skin feel and look smoother. I noticed a difference within a few applications. If your skin is on the dry side, you may have to use this cream every other night until your skin gets use to it, and/or layer a moisturizer on top. I didn't find it to be very moisturizing (especially during winter), but thought it worked wonderfully in spring/summer/fall when my skin is oiler in humid, southern weather.It seems to melt right into my skin - leaving no tacky, heavy, greasy feel. And I LOVE that it's fragrance free. This cream would be a nightly staple if not for Avene's Retrinal + 0.1 Cream, which seemed to provide faster results for clogged pores and minor breakouts. The Avene costs much more than the Neutrogena. I don't have the guts to do a side-by-side comparison on my face, but think the Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle is a very, very good and affordable product that may offer promising results for someone who wants to slow signs of aging without breaking the bank. I'm seriously considering using just this after my Avene supply runs out.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

I've only been using this less than a week and I'm already seeing results. The fine lines on my forehead are less noticeable and my skin is significantly smoother. I held off getting this for a long time because of the price. I'm used to paying $6 for Clean and Clear Dual Action!! lol! But this stuff is great. It's not lacking in the moisture department, sinks in very nicely, and makes my foundation look great! Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by aidan83

I am a cosmetician - After getting a training from Avene I decided to switch from retinol to the stronger retinoldehyde creams (supposedly closer to prescription grade). The avene irritated my very sensitive skin...so i am coming back to this one!

Might not as strong, but definitely don't irritate!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No