July 31, 2014 | 1681 users online

Sunscreen - Shiseido - ultra sun protection lotion spf 50

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 2:19:00 AM More reviews by EffyG

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually really like this sunscreen, I recently bought it and have had zero complaints. Yes it has a very runny texture but I've made it work. I was told it was both a physical and chemical sunscreen but leaning more towards physical. The scent I actually find quite nice and it completely sinks into the skin. I don't feel this sunscreen at all after I've applied it and get no greasy feeling on my skin. I would definitely repurchase this if I ran out.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by supapo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It feels light on the skin but really oily.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by mskittynoir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Returning....

Very sad cause I got a sample and thought it was heaven under my makeup. I have super pale skin, combo texture/oil. And it kept my oil under total control.....BUT then I bought the full size the next day, so excited, then wore it under my Sisley foundation and Laura Mercier the day after, totally Ate through my makeup! SEPERATED my foundation into little particals, looked like a zombie at the end of the day, how embarrassing! At first I thought it was the combo with the first foundation, but then it happened with a totally different foundation the next day. Bummer!!!!! I liked how bright it made my pale skin look, but destroyed my foundation. Why do samples kick butt, then full sizes are completely different? Grrrr gonna try Color Science powder spf next, wish me luck!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Vatty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i had to give this away to my sister who isnt as picky as me.

its got a weird gritty feeling after you apply, not a creamy smooth texture which is what i'm looking for...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Cellosister

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very expensive product, but with sunscreen, I think it's important to go for high quality over economics. Although the package volume is small, the thin consistency of the liquid causes it to last a long time. A little goes a long way, so just dispense it into the palm if your hand, dot across your face and message in. I have very oily skin and the liquid seems to turn to a powder finish not long after application. It doesn't necessarily control oil, but it doesn't contribute to it either. It's not a moisturizer, so don't expect it to function that way, particularly in the winter months. I will buy this again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by SleepIsTheCousin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is really my first real high broad spectrum sunscreen that I've purchased. I have a ton of samples from Kiehls, Clarins and the like. This one was attractive to me because of the brand and the liquid form of it (rather than it being thick and goopy).

For starters, I honestly don't know how many lippies to give this. The reason for this is because this sunscreen works incredibly well and doesnt break me out, but it LEAVES A TERRIBLE WHITE CAST. In that same vein I can't decide what I should rate it, as it is doing what I need it to do.

My situation is that I am recovering from terrible acne and am using a ton of products that make my face sun sensitive. Currently I try to avoid the sun, and I don't wear makeup and genuinely don't care what I look like during the day (I work). Nighttime is when I wear makeup, so I don't use SS under it.

I guess if I was to use this under makeup, it probably would be a terrible choice of SS. For what I need it to do right now - protect me from burning, aging, and hyperpigmentation, its doing the best job. It doesn't break me out so far, either.

Also I want to note that this SH** is POTENT! I got like a drop on my leg and now theres a huge difference between that dot and the rest of my leg skin... woops...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwig

First off this is only 3.3 fluid ounces.

Seems like there should be a bottle double that but I can let it slide because a bigger size probably wouldn't be worth buying anyways.

This was my first Shiseido purchase and it stunk.

Kind of literally too, as it has a very strong floral fragrance that absolutely sucks to have on.

The consistency is like water, too thin, easy to make a mess out if, but not moisturizing in the least.

The reason I have dry skin is because I use a 2% salicylic acid lotion daily (for acne).

Too bad even an oily person can't turn to this for sun protection.

It leaves a white cast more than any sunscreen I've ever known.

And since it isn't emollient, you can't make it absorb into your skin, it just sits atop your skin like a liquid to powder, stinking up your face.

Also, Paula Begoun (beautypedia) says there's (bad) alcohol in this.

If I knew that, I never would have bought this interesting-looking bottle of sunblock.

But even without the alcohol, I just cannot believe this is as popular as it is.

I will use it up, on my body, probably on days I'm not leaving the house.

I would never suggest this to anybody.

The only good to come out of this purchase is I'll re-use the bottle because it really is the cutest thing.

By the way, I've heard the worst reputation to come from Sephora.. I must have gotten lucky because mine has sweet, intelligent employees, all the displays are clean and organized. (Inside JCP by the Courtland Center mall)

I love Sephora! (*^ワ^*)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by kimf79

I am surprised this product does not have a higher rating. I am really happy with this sunscreen so far. It seems like it has all the appropriate sun protection needed. There is a light scent that I don't mind. The product goes on smoothly, and absorbs right in my skin, and seems also to act as a primer. When I was at the Shiseido counter recently I was told that this sunscreen is more for being outdoors all day, and for sports versus a daily SS, and they recommended the Urban Environment SS. I really just liked this one in the blue bottle better, and I'm happy I followed my intuition. Even though both formulas seem to leave a nice finish, I actually felt somewhat of a stickiness with the Urban Environment, but perfect smooth skin with Ultimate Sun Protection! Yay!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by blackmath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted this to be my holy grail suncream -- it's got a lovely, soft scent and provides good, broad UVA/B protection. However, it's expensive. This wouldn't be such a problem if the formula weren't so incredibly runny. I found myself wasting a lot of product as it would drip through my fingers, and run down the sides of the bottle.
Additionally, I've quite sensitive skin, and this made me break out when applied on a daily basis. I can use it intermittently, but more than thrice a week and I come out in spots.

I won't purchase again, but I'll finish the bottle I've got.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by BonjourMaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

People often said that the best cosmetic investment you can do is skincare. I decided to pay the hefty price tag of 49CDN plus tax because I wanted a physical sunscreen. I did a lot of review on this before I bought this. It's very light and it's great for oily skin like mine. I got this in mid-June and I still have a lot left, I think. Since I started using this, my oiliness has been kept to its minimum. I use this both as a sunscreen AND as a primer. This is a very good buy and very worth it. However, as it is water-resistant, you'll need a good cleanser for this. I use a cleansing oil to remove this and my foundation. Remember to shake it well before usage!