October 25, 2014 | 1826 users online

Treatments (Eye) - La Prairie - Cellular Radiance Eye Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by snowsun

I hate and love this cream. I bought it first because I was curious to try it and expected good results, following MakeupAlley positive reviews. First thing, price is extremely high. In my opinion, this high price tag should only correspond to any laser or surgical treatment with real immediate results. Packaging is too luxurious for me; I don't mind to be luxurious, but I do mind it comes in an unhygienic jar. Its consistency is thick and its colour is pure solid white, not transparent.
I've been using this cream for half a year: at the beginning, I did not like it at all, since it contributed to increase puffiness and it even gave me a more tired look. I even stopped using it and was hating the day I did the splurge. Some weeks later, however, I re-started using it. Only after 2-3 weeks of am and pm use, I began to notice better results: it gives you immediate brightness to your eyelids, and it seems it helps to keep them "highlighted" even when you just wake up, diminishing dark spots and whitening your undereye skin tone. This brightness has a sideback, though, as it contributes to also highlight and increase dark circles and the blue content of my fine eyelid veins... Another thing I don't like: it settles into fine lines in form of white creamy residue... I'll keep using it till I finish the bottle, but for now I won't repurchase. Exercising gives you similar brightness for less money!!!.. and luckily, there are other cheaper and more efficacious eye treatments!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by GwenNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This cream is three things: miraculous, expensive, and honest. If you read the description, La Prairie makes no claims that this specific eye cream will eliminate or soften wrinkles, reduce puffiness, or lighten dark circles. That said, the wording in the description is crafted truthfully. The entire eye area appears luminous, with puffiness and dark circles appearing diminished. I'd received a small sample with a rather large purchase of other La Prairie products, as I'm generally more in the Essence of Caviar Eye Serum and Cellular Eye Contour Cream budget. I tried the Cellular Radiance Eye Cream and headed to sleep. The following morning, I looked in the mirror and couldn't believe my eyes. My entire eye area was absolutely glowing. Clearly there are light reflecting properties in this cream, and they do a phenomenal job. I mean, I looked 10 years younger and fresh.

Knowing the cream is essentially for aesthetics, and does a ridiculously good job as far as that's concerned, I use the Essence of Caviar Eye Serum and Cellular Eye Contour Cream first and finish with this cream. I've never looked better! I can't live without this.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by ElegantStyle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this because I was hesitant to buy it right away. SA was a bit pushy and that got me wondering how good is this product? Anyway, SA gave me a sample. I was very disappointed because this is a cream with makeup in it. It has shimmer! When I shop for an eye cream, I expect it to address delicate skin around the eye, not applying shimmer where it can show fine lines and wrinkles. The cream is moisturizing, but the shimmer does not make sense.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by duncansmum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is without a doubt the best eye cream I've ever used. It has Literally, and I do mean literally, made my eye area younger and more youthful looking. My eye are looks healthy, moisturized, and less lined. It is amazing! Better than any prescription or OTC eye cream I've ever tried, and I've tried LOTS over the years. I have finally found the one : this one.
Very expensive, which is a shame, but so amazing in results that it spoils you for anything else. Despite the price tag I have, and will continue to, purchase again and again. I thoroughly recommend this eye cream.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by AlexAlexAlex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yes, as eye creams go, it is good. But not $250 good. No way. Your eyes brighten up right after you put it on, but that is because there is shimmer in the cream. I can get the exact same effect with benefit high beam. And the effect doesn't last all day.

As for dark circles, no change after a month (except for the aforementioned glittery glow after application).

Fine lines (and I'm only 28) have experienced no change.

The creamy consistency is good for night time, but I have found a bit goopy for underneath concealer.

So, long and short, its good. You look great for twenty minutes after you put it on. But it isn't the holy grail. My search continues......

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by bmgreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this eye cream. It brightens under eyes immediately.
Although this product is expensive. It works wonders as an anti-aging eye cream and smoothes fine lines around the eyes and the brightening effect is phenomenal.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 7:12:00 AM More reviews by homerjsimpson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It works. It brightens the dark circles, it firms the eye area, it doesn't make me tear-up. I even put it over the lis gently and the results are great. Nobody can tell I function on such little sleep. Within a week or two you should see results, really startling results!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by amorverdadero

OK, it works for everyone here. So why don't I see the difference too? I've tested it against Helena Rubinstein and I really can't even see which one is better or if any of the two make any difference to my not-so-dark and not-so-wrinkled eye area. And the same goes for every single eye cream I've used over the years. Maybe I'm just an idiot when it comes to eye care. Either way, it's a safe bet that it's good so I'll keep on buying this La Prairie miracle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 2:28:00 AM More reviews by pinkolive2010

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is my 3rd bottle and I just love it, i think it is the best eye cream so far, I wear a lot of eye shadow, eye liner, and mascara so i really need to take care of my eyes when the product isn't on my eyes, I still like this cream because it doesn't make my eyes buffy and irritated with all the cosmetic on them, i keep this product in the fridge as well, so it is smoothing and its a must right after cleanser.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by notalike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this product which lasted little over two weeks for me. After applying I felt tingling sensation under my eyes. But nothing alarming. And guess what? It DID work. It DID erase the fine lines under my eyes. Excellent product. It's just way too expensive for me. But if I can't find anything that comes close to this I might consider purchasing.