November 29, 2014 | 1459 users online

Polishes - Orly - French Manicure Kit

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 8:18:00 AM More reviews by soveryartistic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm surprised about the low reviews for this one; I personally got this a present so I'm not sure about the price of this french manicure set in my country, but I loved it! I apply the 'bonder' basecoat first, then I do the white tips without using the stickers -- I just turn the brush 90 and draw the tip with the brush. The only downside is that the white tip color is not very pigmented, it's a bit transparent, so I do the two layers of white tips. Then I cover it with a nail polish -- I have a 'nude pink' in my set which is very classy looking. I let it dry for a minute and then cover it with 'in a snap' topcoat which does what it promises -- it dries in a snap, and I'm ready to go.

What I love most about this set is that it lasts really long. I tried different kinds of french manicure sets from Bourjois and Sally Hansen, and longevity-wise nothing comes even close to this Orly set. When I do the work around the house in the evening -- clean, cook, wash the dishes; I don't even wear rubber gloves and my manicure is looking fresh next morning, it's that good. I highly recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2008 11:05:00 PM More reviews by tanyaw168

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This kit comes with : a "rubberized bonder"; white tips laquer ; naked ivory sheer lacquer ; "in a snap" quick dry topcoat.

The only things that I liked about this kit are the white tips polish, and the top coat.

The rubberized bonder was awful. It made my nail polish get hairline cracks all over the nail, and eventually peeled off in sheets. Terrible!!!! It took about 2 days for it to do this.

The naked ivory lacquer didn't work well for me. It was streaky and uneven with only 1 coat, but after 2 coats it got too opaque.

Another complaint, they only provide you with about 25 nail guides. Not enough to even do your nails 3 times.

Not impresssed, wouldn't re-purchase.