September 30, 2014 | 1047 users online

Shampoo - Komenuka Bijin - Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 3:51:00 AM More reviews by hippodeem

this review is for ns-k volumizing shampoo. they have2-3 types of shampoo. the shampoo is not that organic and pure but it is pretty good, no harsh big no no bag stuff. this is almost like 2 in 1 shampoo conditioner texture and use. you dont need much to later with bubble. it does leave a coat after wash which is very soft. i dont think it is that volumizing and honestly i have yet to find one that does what it says. if you want volume, the best is to get a shampoo brush , kao brand is good, and that seems to help lift the roots and wash it well. the american shampoo brush usually have too harsh bristles for scalp.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by jhoggan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff simply put is amazing! I will be repurchasing for as long as they continue to make it. Definitely worth the price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 8:19:00 AM More reviews by ElegantStyle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for over a year and it is my staple shampoo. Maybe it depends on your hair texture, but it really works for me. I have a lot of fine hair that can get very stiff and I think it depends on the hair products I use. This shampoo help keep my hair soft, but this is not a moisturizing shampoo. Overall, I think the cost is a lot better then the other shampoo I used to use on daily basis...Karestase. This is my HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2010 1:25:00 AM More reviews by cls82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

it took me awhile to purchase the ns-k volumizing shampoo due to the price.... almost 40 bucks for a shampoo???!!! wtf? i saw it in my skin care salon and eyed it for 2 months until i asked for some samples. i immediately noticed a difference from the first use. i have fine, oily at the roots, tangly at the ends, mid back length hair and live right on the beach (drying salt in the air, constant sun anyone?? not complaining though :) ). i was worried it was going to be too oily even after i rinsed but it wasn't at all. i used the samples of ns-k shampoo and the hair treatment for a week and then went to ebay to purchase (saved a few bucks) the shampoo and hair treatment. my bf would kill me if he knew i spent 70 bucks on shampoo and conditioner, so i am not going to say a word. lol it has been almost 3 weeks now and my hair is so silky and shiny, i love it. this is def a staple of mine now, i will never use anything else. there are a few ingredients in each formula that i do not approve of, but they are at the bottom of the list, so.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2009 1:42:00 PM More reviews by tulipflower

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I am writing a review on Komenuka Bijin Daily Hair Shampoo. There seems to be diiferent kinds from this line and I wanted to make sure you know which one I am reviewing. This was suggested to me and when I saw the review, I didn't care to try it and thought the shampoo I was using is better. Eventually the reformulated shampoo went back to it's original formulation (which turned out to be more popular) and I gave it a try. This is an amazing gentle shampoo. You don't need much and I have medium coarse, treated hair. It's so gentle that it won't strip you hair colour, but it is on moisturizing for dry hair. This is a very neutral shampoo and I would say this is way better then baby shampoo. My SO has very, very fine hair and he likes it better then the one he is using. It was gentle and he found it to feel creamy compared to the one he was using. The scent is light and something floral but the scent fades and you can't smell it in your hair after your wash. As for the lather, I find that it lather well, especially if you put more shampoo on, but I try to use enough to wash my scalp. I've never used the conditioner and I don't plan to anytime soon. I will repurhase and use this on daily basis, but I think sometimes I would use my old shampoo which is more moisturizing for those vacation trips because the water may be a bit hard. I gave it four lippie because I think there will be times where I would have to use my old favorite shampoo that is more moisturizing. You can't go wrong with this, no matter what your scalp condition is. As for the packaging, when I got my order in the mail, it was wrapped up well and had this plastic cover all over the bottle. I must of been excited because I tore off the plastic too fast and sort of loosened the flip top that now it does not shut down completely to a perfect seal. The scent is still fresh and there is no drying out of the shampoo. I bought two bottles, so I will try to be more careful not to rip off the plastic so that I break the flip cap.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2007 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Idanics

I got a sample of this and was very excited to try this since it is supposed to be good for dandruff. I was very disappointed. Dried out my scalp, made my head itchy which made me scratch my head, generating a lot of flakes and it got pretty gross. It also made my hair very poffy even though I have straight hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2007 9:15:00 AM More reviews by ekym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I liked the shampoo from this company much better than the conditioner (separate review). I have long, thick, coarse, naturally curly hair, and this left my hair soft, manageable, and my style held longer – which was a pleasant surprise. My curls looked nice, not droopy from too much moisture, and healthy with fullness and shine. The only downside on its performance was that my hair was just as frizzy as with my regular, cheaper, shampoo. As an earlier reviewer found out, this shampoo does have sulfates – which are bad for the hair’s moisture (especially in curly hair), but cause the shampoo to lather. Due to the cost, the frizz, and the sulfates, I will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2006 7:32:00 PM More reviews by malane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is fabulous -- definitely worth the price. I got it on e-bay for a little bit less than retail. I have very coarse, thick naturally curly hair and this does wonders for keeping it smooth and moisturized.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2005 12:10:00 PM More reviews by strawberrybuff

I ordered the sample pack and tried the shampoo and conditioner this morning. The product had a pleasant fragrance. The product lathered well. The shampoo itself did not seem to be spectacular, but I will get the shampoo to go with the conditioner (awesome) to use once a week, maybe twice. I have fine curly hair, and my hair looks great! Soft shiny curls...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2005 11:01:00 PM More reviews by SuburbanSue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'll freely admit this shampoo is ridiculously expensive. But when you've got "difficult" hair like mine (fine, fragile, color-treated, limp, yet rather dry on the ends), you don't mind paying for a product that actually *works.* So many shampoos promise incredible results, but few deliver. Komenuka Bijin does. It has a wonderful scent, gets hair clean, and (especially when used with the conditioner) leaves the hair silky soft yet full of volume. When I use the KB shampoo and conditioner, I don't need to use a leave-in conditioner as I normally do (to smooth out dry ends and flyaways) and I don't need to style my hair much. It just looks good. In short, I don't think $30 is too much to pay for a bottle of shampoo that truly does guarantee a good hair day.