Dior DiorKiss - 858 Pomme D'Amour (Caramel Apple)

on 4/11/2008 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

It was an impulse buying but I wasn't too disappointed with it. (The finish is a watery sheen not very glassy but smooth and pretty never the less) I liked the cinnamon apple scent it has but now it's just way too strong and got on my nerve... It's pretty good for the price since it's a huge tube.

Since I have very red lips I look a bit scary when I put too much of it. (most of the time it's just pinkish)

on 10/29/2007 1:57:00 PM

Product: A very pretty shade of red gloss with rather pleasant (at first) scent.
Colour: It's fantastic! True candy-apple red with tiny gold sparkles.
Consistency: It's very shiny and sticky.
Wearability: It looks very natural when used sparingly as a lip tint. It doesn't require a l/l, stayls in place making lips look flushed and natural. When layered over the lipstick it adds magic. However, when used to attain a water-reflective shine it tends to "feather" and settle into lines just a bit. One needs a good lip primer and liner to keep this thing from turning into a red river.
Packaging: 18 ml tube with slanted tip.
Overall: Better than Red Currant, but still not perfect. I'm not a fan of the plastic taste either. Seeing how red glosses are not the most practical of all items, I would probably search for a better product considering the price.

(read on for pic)
continued >>

on 5/15/2007 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great red shade. just like red apples but a bit darker. its good for those who dont wear lipstick but would like the thickness of a lipstick. very shiny and although the smell is undescribable, its not horrid.

I love this color - it's a nice red that, depending on how much you apply, can look almost sheer or truly red. The smell is lovely and subtle. My only complaint is that it tastes awful.

on 2/11/2007 7:44:00 AM

i have medium skin tone, asian skin. i've tried many versions of red lipstick, lip gloss before but so far this gloss is the best. it suits me perfectly. it is not deep red as it looks but i guess it depends on many layers you apply. it does make me look more mature than wearing pink or orange but doesn't make me look old. i wish it had an applicatior though because applying straight from the tube isn't the smartest idea and it can be messy. and if dior adds some sparkle to this gloss, it'd be great, too bad it's just plain red now. i think i can combine this with the blueberry muffin as blueberry muffin has lots of sparkles and no color or even with the dior candy pearl lipstick. if i haven't found any red that suit me better than this one and dior still produces this color, i'd purchase again. the price is a pain though. lucky i bought this on a 50% sale for NZD$21.50.

on 8/2/2006 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i've wanted this specific gloss for quite a long time and was thrilled to finally find it in stock somewhere. putting it on my car, i immediately regretted blowing $20. this tastes like the plasticy bitter apple spray you use to train puppies not to chew on things. gag. that's the worst of it. the smell is ok, but the applicator is a bit of a hinderance when applying straight from the tube and the gloss itself is of poor quality. thin, no shimmer, just plain bad. i hope the dior counter takes returns.

on 4/12/2006 4:17:00 PM

in the tube it is vibrant red but you can layer the colour lightly for a punchy look or more for the red. it is slightly sticky but makes my mouth look nice and juicy. It doesn't dry out my lips either, there is a slight caramel apple scent that i'm not that fond of but i cna live with it, very pricey though $23 CND

on 2/16/2006 1:55:00 PM

Nice color. Lasts long time. Highly pigmented. I wish it was a bit smaller (amount and price) though. Seems to me that I will never be able to finish this gloss...

on 2/13/2006 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I really like the colour and the scent of this product.. the colour is so sheer and beautiful and it smells delicious! My only complaint is that for a lip gloss, this is difficult to apply. It's really a pain to apply since it is so tacky and sticky.. it's a lot easier if you are using a lip brush.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have no clue why so many of the other reviewers hate this so much. I love Caramel Apple, but I can't deal with the price. It's a sheer red (which pretty much means unless you wear a lot it's pink), but you can build intensity with more product, or line your lips first, or use it over lipstick, whatever. I think the smell could be better, but it's fine. Yeah, so that's about it. I think it's pretty.

Recommended for Medium Skin