October 24, 2014 | 876 users online

Polishes - Zoya - MAX

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by wargman

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a true jelly deep cool red polish. I'm confused by some of the other reviewers description of this as a neon pink polish. While there is some pink in the polish (thus the cool tone) it is definitely red, and a gorgeous, glossy one at that. The application is smooth- it is sheer, but not streaky. I used 3 coats to achieve opaqueness. This one took me by surprise- I am a Zoya fan to begin with, so I have many Zoya polishes. I just didn't expect this to be anything special. Now I put it on when I want to have a classic, pretty and pulled together look. My favorite summery red.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Metraria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This jelly polish is a wonderful bright red that's just barely cool-toned. Especially when worn in one layer, it looks sunny, cheerful, and carefree -- perfect for summer.

This is my HG red! Although I like red polish, I shy away from the dramatic and vampy looks. But by tempering its bold color with a jelly finish, Max swaps the glamorous Ginger look for the girl-next-door Mary Ann. The color and finish are so great, it's practically a bonus that the texture is easy to work with. Only a very small amount of Max is needed for each nail. And since my bottle's yellowed and faded sticker suggests it sat in the store for ages, it's surprising that it applies perfectly evenly, with nary a streak. Worn over a base coat, it doesn't stain my nails.

I love the jelly look, and prefer to wear Max in just one coat. However, if you prefer opaque polishes, you can achieve that with three coats. Max is also a good choice if you want to layer a jelly over a metallic of the same shade. This look provides a lovely and unusual sense of depth. (Credit where credit's due: I got this idea from blogger One Gent's Ten.)

In short, Max's cheerful shade, perfect jelly finish, and smooth application make this a valuable addition to a polish collection. And yes, I feel really silly calling this polish "Max," as if it's a person. But that's Zoya's naming theme for you! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by blpbkp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love that this product doesn't have any of the crappy chemicals in it. It's even safe for pregnant women. It's very much like Esse's watermelon but slightly more red. It's a great color! I love it. I bought the base and top coat and have not had any chipping. I will be buying again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 8:55:00 AM More reviews by kschmiddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Zoya Max is an exact dupe to Essie Watermelon, a deep hot pink/rose creme. The difference is the formula-Max has an awesome jelly finish but is opaque in only two coats, amazingly, while I found Essie Watermelon streaky and runny. This deep hot pink jelly is a staple for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2007 10:02:00 PM More reviews by bluemeanie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this color! I am pale with warm tones and it looks great on my nails. To my eyes, it looks like a cross between a hot pink and a bright red. Definitely an excellent spring/summer color. I did 2 coats after base coat and I can still see through the polish a bit, but I don't know that it bothers me enough that I would do 3 coats next time. I've used several Zoya colors and Max went on smoothly and I didn't have any bumps show after it dried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2007 2:55:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

No point in elaborating on the excellent review below. Suffice to say that this is a 'gotta have' for sexy summer nails.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2006 10:52:00 AM More reviews by violetcobra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I never would have bought this but for the name. The picture on Zoya did not do justice. Now I love Max and I can now write this review after wearing the color for two days.

THE COLOR

This color is not red although you may think it's red from across a room. It's actually hot pink. It's very very dark though, the same tone/intensity as a candy red hot. Ok, but get this: it's a sheer to translucent gelee or jelly looking hot reddish pink. It's so gelee looking that the amazing gloss, reflectiveness and sheerish translucent-ness gives it a lush depth that's irrestably pretty.

THE APPLICATION/TEXTURE

I found this a bit thick! Not as in gloopy, but as in clingy to the brush and the texture of the product will be placed where you place it. If that wasn't clear, I am telling you it is possible to do a perfect manicure with Max, it lays down so perfectly. A bubble or two, probably because I shook the polish a bit more than gently, oops! The texture is so light and fluffy I felt I was using merengue to paint my nails! In a good way. The brush combined with the light fluffy clingy nature of this product made my nail polish application dreamy. A bit of clean up and it was perfect.

Lately I am putting my first coat on a bit smaller in area and a little thinner, then my second coat covers the first coat and is more thick. This leads to a very easy mani and not a lot of clean up since the base coats and the first coats do not touch the cuticle. So I had ver very little clean up to do which I did with the crimped edge of a tube of lip gloss.

Just one little complaint, the polish smudged due to an emergency (child climbing) and I tried to repair with Orly Smudge Fixer and the color changed as I repaired, in that there was a dent, a smoothing over and then more polish changed the color, very close to red on the high areas. Also the dent sorta didn't go away. So get it right the first time if possible and don't repair since the repairs on my three nails sorta show. :(

THE WEAR

This will be the end of day two. I type and work with paper and files like mad. I have 2 kids and I cook dinner about 4 times a week. No chips! No visible wear either. But for two problems (the bubbles and the smudge fix) this would be a PERFECT mani on me, such a rare thing since I am picky as all get out!

I do have pictures, give me a holler! continued >>

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2006 12:33:00 AM More reviews by JuliaLee67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I think a good term for this color would be "electric fuchsia", and as the first reviewer pointed out, it really is nearly flourescent, but it is a GORGEOUS cheerful color that looks like a million bucks on tanned or olive skin and is perfect for summer. It's a little thin and on the semi-sheer side, but it doesn't streak and two coats gave me a nice even coverage. Lasted longer than average polish on my short natural nails; I only noticed a little wear at the tips after a couple of days and no major chips or cracks. I'll definitely buy this again, primarily because I love how pretty it is on!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2004 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett_Canada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The brightest pinky-red that I have come across. Almost flourescent. This is the colour I've been searching for with OPI and haven't quite found.

It's a bright flamingo pink, leaning more towards red than purple - but not a red nailpolish. Just the most super-bright pink that isn't transparent.

I ADORE THIS.